3019 replies to this topic

#661 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Fair enough. I've just been thinking for a while that it would be a good idea to re-unite that Torres - Lapierre - Hansen line that was amazing in 2011. And remember they were our third line then, now they would be our fourth line. Talk about depth.

Would be sweet, but not at the price of Ballard, having that Ballard - Tanev pair is more valuable than having a good line that won't play enough to be worth what we lose IMO.

Also on another note, I find it interesting. Reading a thread on HF (In the Panthers section) about Weiss, and the fans seem kind of split, some want him to stay badly, some don't see it as much of a loss. Kind of helps give some perspective.

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1324937

zackass.png

#662 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

Would be sweet, but not at the price of Ballard, having that Ballard - Tanev pair is more valuable than having a good line that won't play enough to be worth what we lose IMO.

Also on another note, I find it interesting. Reading a thread on HF (In the Panthers section) about Weiss, and the fans seem kind of split, some want him to stay badly, some don't see it as much of a loss. Kind of helps give some perspective.

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1324937

I think the only way Florida trades Weiss is if they feel Huberdeau is ready for top line minutes and Bjugstad can play 2nd/3rd line minutes.

Back to Torres for a minute. I agree that breaking up the Ballard - Tanev pair would be a bad idea, would a couple of picks at the trade deadline (2nd/3rd and a conditional 3rd/4th) be enough for Raffi?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#663 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

I think the only way Florida trades Weiss is if they feel Huberdeau is ready for top line minutes and Bjugstad can play 2nd/3rd line minutes.

Back to Torres for a minute. I agree that breaking up the Ballard - Tanev pair would be a bad idea, would a couple of picks at the trade deadline (2nd/3rd and a conditional 3rd/4th) be enough for Raffi?

I agree on Weiss, I don't think he is really as much of a "need" i guess, as he once was. We the emergence of Schroeder, Raymond and Kassian as unexpected scoring threats, the need for him isn't really there.

As for Torres, I think the deal would be something similar to what we paid to get Pahlsson, Higgins, and Lappierre.

Personally though, since Torres is a UFA that is making 1.75, and probably won't want under 1.25 next year, I just can't see anyways he can be resigned.

The most I would go is Ebbett, 4th, 5th. I think 3rds are more valuable than usual in this draft and Ebbett is more valuable than the players we gave in each of those other deals. (Perreault, Ellington, Oberg)

I don't think Phoenix would be willing to make a move like that unless they were out of the playoff race though, and who knows if that will happen as they have been a playoffs team for the last number of years.

zackass.png

#664 #RyanKesler17

#RyanKesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Leafs need luongo

#665 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Leafs need luongo

Leafs have nothing of any value to the Canucks

#666 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Leafs have nothing of any value to the Canucks

Kessel? Gardiner? Kadri? Picks? Biggs? A decent back-up?

Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 28 January 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#667 john bell

john bell

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I don't know why the Leafs would not trade Jake Gardiner, and maybe Frattin, and 2nds, 3rds, and or B grade prospects. They like Gardiner, but He seems to be on the bubble there, and He is a smallish defencemen, which really detracts from Defencemen's value. Unless they are a Markov or Niedermayer. I don't know where Gardiner would fit here though. Maybe Keith Ballard's spot, but Keith is a better Player now,and more physical.

#668 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I don't know why the Leafs would not trade Jake Gardiner, and maybe Frattin, and 2nds, 3rds, and or B grade prospects. They like Gardiner, but He seems to be on the bubble there, and He is a smallish defencemen, which really detracts from Defencemen's value. Unless they are a Markov or Niedermayer. I don't know where Gardiner would fit here though. Maybe Keith Ballard's spot, but Keith is a better Player now,and more physical.

gardiner would fit with the wolves here which is fine. remember we are looking for a player a prospect and a pick. he would count as the prospect. then we buy out ballard at the end of the season and gardiner moves up.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#669 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Kessel? Gardiner? Kadri? Picks? Biggs? A decent back-up?

In the words of Elaine Benes

Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope

and the Leafs will not trade a pick this year

#670 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Nope
Nope
Nope
Nope

How do you know? That's been the obvious choice for years, but it didn't stop Burke.

Gardiner would be a great addition..

#671 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:42 AM

How do you know? That's been the obvious choice for years, but it didn't stop Burke.

Gardiner would be a great addition..

meh, I don't think so.......grossly, grossly over rated. Good skater, but small, soft and one dimensional. He'd get eaten alive in the West......not to mention, where is he going to play? The d-corp is pretty locked up atm.

This is set t be one of the deepest drafts in a long time........the Leafs are trying to rebuild, they'll keep their picks

#672 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

meh, I don't think so.......grossly, grossly over rated. Good skater, but small, soft and one dimensional. He'd get eaten alive in the West......not to mention, where is he going to play? The d-corp is pretty locked up atm.

This is set t be one of the deepest drafts in a long time........the Leafs are trying to rebuild, they'll keep their picks

The guy is 6'2 and still has time to fill out his weight - Kevin Bieksa is an inch shorter, once Gardiner fills out he'll be solid.

The old 'west is tougher than the east' theory is definitely becoming more and more obsolete as cup-winning teams are more & and more often teams filled with strong players.

Gardiner put up 30 points as a rookie and was nearly a PPG in the AHL before getting hurt this year. Incl. 9 goals/23 games.

Gardiner - Tanev as a bottom pairing would give the Canucks great depth and a long-term plan on defense.

#673 john bell

john bell

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

TSN stats put Jake Gardiner a 6.0ft, 184 lbs, which is small. Maybe He is just a Lukas Krajicek? Anaheim didn't mind letting Him go.
I do think the M.G. likes Him though.

#674 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

The guy is 6'2 and still has time to fill out his weight - Kevin Bieksa is an inch shorter, once Gardiner fills out he'll be solid.

The old 'west is tougher than the east' theory is definitely becoming more and more obsolete as cup-winning teams are more & and more often teams filled with strong players.

Gardiner put up 30 points as a rookie and was nearly a PPG in the AHL before getting hurt this year. Incl. 9 goals/23 games.

Gardiner - Tanev as a bottom pairing would give the Canucks great depth and a long-term plan on defense.

no thanks.......I don't think MG has any true desire for Gardiner either......or else he would have sweetened the pot to get it done

#675 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I dont think a luongo deal is as "imminent" as most think. The media puts words in MG's mouth.
This season will determine who gets dealt. Cory is the starter cause they want to see how he fairs with the pressure of a starting goalie. Dont get me wrong all signs point to a pending Lu deal but if Cory doesnt have a good season, it could be him on the block, for a bigger return too.

It always seems to be a shock in the end with situations like this..

#676 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Fake
Fake
Fake
Fake

FTFY

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#677 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,742 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

I dont think a luongo deal is as "imminent" as most think. The media puts words in MG's mouth.
This season will determine who gets dealt. Cory is the starter cause they want to see how he fairs with the pressure of a starting goalie. Dont get me wrong all signs point to a pending Lu deal but if Cory doesnt have a good season, it could be him on the block, for a bigger return too.

Have you not seen a single sports show in the last 9 months?

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#678 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Have you not seen a single sports show in the last 9 months?

I know but the media puts twists on it. If Cory bombs and Lu has a stellar season then what happens?

#679 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I know but the media puts twists on it. If Cory bombs and Lu has a stellar season then what happens?

Cory's value drops?
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

#680 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Then Lou still gets traded and says "Say my name" as he walks out the door.
He's already said he doesn't want to stay here any longer than he has to, although he'd play all season if he had to. The Canucks have made their choice. Corey is the new starter. If for some bizarre reason they traded CS instead of Lou after all that has happened, what player would trust MG or AV or the Canucks organization ever again to keep their word? It already looks a little bad given Lou was handed the C, told he was the face of the franchise, given a decade-long contract and and an NTC, and then sat for three straight games while the fate of the season was placed in the hands of the back-up. I mean, would you stay?

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#681 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

:picard:

#682 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

:rolleyes:

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 28 January 2013 - 03:04 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#683 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Lol i know i sound crazy but crazier things have happened. With cory coming up or not, its a shame that we as a fan base hung our best ever goalie out to dry. Richard Brodeur, McLean, even Cloutier was never treated like this...

Luongo hasnt deserved any of the BS thats come his way.

We dont deserve a stanley cup, i bet Lu (if he gets traded) will win one before we do...

And i know not all fans feel the same way but the majority rules, we for the most part are anything but a loyal fan base. All i hear is lu's a sieve, sedins arent playoff performers, Gillis is dumb, AVs a bum, blabla...

I guess most of u dont remember the mid-late 90s...

Edited by frazzY, 28 January 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#684 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Lol i know i sound crazy but crazier things have happened. With cory coming up or not, its a shame that we as a fan base hung our best ever goalie out to dry. Richard Brodeur, McLean, even Cloutier was never treated like this...

Luongo hasnt deserved any of the BS thats come his way.

We dont deserve a stanley cup, i bet Lu (if he gets traded) will win one before we do...

And i know not all fans feel the same way but the majority rules, we for the most part are anything but a loyal fan base. All i hear is lu's a sieve, sedins arent playoff performers, Gillis is dumb, AVs a bum, blabla...

I guess most of u dont remember the mid-late 90s...

most of them were still in diapers. they have no idea what "bad" goaltending looks like. we should show them old tapes of essensa, snow, potvin, irbe, and the saviour alex auld (who was actually good compared to the rest of them). might be unfair to irbe actually he was an average goalie in the NHL in vancouver.

but you get the point, canuck fans have no idea what goaltending like the leafs/canucks of the 90's had looks like on a nightly basis - it aint pretty.

#685 brian42

brian42

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

What about?

Booth & Luongo for Kessel. With a negotiating window or toronto Gives the Canucks a chance to talk with Kessel about resinging.

Toronto takes on a lot of cap but brings in the Goalie they need and a replacement for Kessel both under contract.

or Raymond & Luongo

Then we could get rid of Ballard and Booth/Raymond for cap space next year. Trade Booth/Raymond & buyout Ballard. Ballard isn't all that bad but simply too expensive for his role.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Kessel
Raymond/Booth Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lapierre Volpatti/Weise/Malhotra

#686 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

What about?

Booth & Luongo for Kessel. With a negotiating window or toronto Gives the Canucks a chance to talk with Kessel about resinging.

Toronto takes on a lot of cap but brings in the Goalie they need and a replacement for Kessel both under contract.

or Raymond & Luongo

Then we could get rid of Ballard and Booth/Raymond for cap space next year. Trade Booth/Raymond & buyout Ballard. Ballard isn't all that bad but simply too expensive for his role.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Kessel
Raymond/Booth Schroeder Hansen
Higgins Lapierre Volpatti/Weise/Malhotra

Kessel can NOT sign extension until the off season.

You can only sign players to extensions during last year of contract, not before. So I believe he would have to wait until July 1st 2013.

#687 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

FTFY

creative license

-_-

#688 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

TSN stats put Jake Gardiner a 6.0ft, 184 lbs, which is small. Maybe He is just a Lukas Krajicek? Anaheim didn't mind letting Him go.
I do think the M.G. likes Him though.

Gardiner is 6'2 on NHL.com, eliteprospects & hockeydb, but okay.

"Anaheim didn't mind letting him go", it was a trade that they got fleeced it before he had even signed an ELC.

#689 brian42

brian42

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Kessel can NOT sign extension until the off season.

You can only sign players to extensions during last year of contract, not before. So I believe he would have to wait until July 1st 2013.

True i checked his contract, prior to checking I thought this was his last year.

I'd still do the deal. Kessel would play here for a half year & hopefully have a lot of success in the playoffs and want to come back. We'd have a lot of time to sign him in this case.

#690 Fanuck

Fanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Also is a better skater then Raffi, and fights more than Raffi.

This, simply put, is incorrect. Not my opinion, but completely not true. If you bothered to look it up instead of just spouting off opinion you'd have known that was false.

In the last 3 seasons (before the current one) CC had 8 fights while RT has had 9. Not a huge difference, but your statement is wrong nevertheless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.