The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Dude. Brouwer's one of the best third liners in the league and he would give us a 3a 3b system.

To Vancouver: Troy Brouwer, Evgeni Kuznetsov or Filip Forsberg, Matheiu Perrault, Michal Neuvirth

To Washington: Roberto Luongo, Manny Malhotra, Mason Raymond

This is the package I wpuld look to try and get from Washington

Healthy line up

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Schroeder - Brouwer

Lapierre - Perrault - Hansen

As far as general ballpark value the Nash trade is about as close as it gets.

Does Luongo get you in the playoffs?

He failed to do so once in Vancouver and the entire time in Florida and NY.

He would help foresure but he ain't vintage Hasek.

There will also be more goalies available in the summer so that is also a risk.

I say MG should have traded him yesterday.

Yeah, I don't know where 2 years came from either. I was replying to a post that claimed MG is playing with fire and Lu would start applying pressure if something is not done soon.

Lu in on record saying he can see himself staying with the Canucks this year, but not past the summer.

I don't see Lu going home in 2 weeks or a month if he isn't traded.

I have to say you are dead wrong.Pat Rpy asked to be traded and at that point he was the backup and they got a massive return.It happens in all sports and just cause he got beat out for the starting possition doesn't mean his value drops, or that he asked to be traded,that might drop from getting a 3 rd round pick or a throw in player only.Luo is worth more then you think and thats why I am glad you aren't the GM.Luo everyone knows is a starter just not here as we have two starters and he is the second one inline.

Toronto is dying, but they have no assets to give back for Luongo. They're done.

Florida is dying also, and they have some pieces that we want.

Washington needs anything, and they have lots of pieces.

Intriguing.

not to mention Lindback and Hiller are stinking the joint out. Dubnyk just let in a really weak goal through the 5 whole and while Kevin Weeks thought Reimer was "competitive" he allowed a terrible first goal and the winning goal was short side from the point that he saw all the way, a slight deflection, Reimer was out of position.

Archived