#781 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

POPULAR

after last night's choke to LA it looks as though Lu is past his "best before" date so that means his price is going down!! Has he actually recorded a win this season? Don't think so. I am very surprised he is suited up if Gillis is serious about trading/dumping him!! Injuries to Lu could very well be a double edged sword to this team!!!

Huffy has got to be among the worst trolls on here.
The only reason the Canucks got a point last was because of Lu. LA manhandled the Canucks. The game was completely one sides.
Thanks for coming out troll.

#782 ButcherG

ButcherG

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

I still think the Canucks should trade Luongo or perhaps even Schneider at the trade deadline. Depends on how they play up to that point. Highest value of return will be at that point, and we have to lose one for the reduced cap next year.
One who asks a question is a fool for a few minutes, one who doesn't is a fool for life. Confucius.

#783 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I love them both but I am a self proclaimed Lu lover.. He's been showing us poise and skill and it'll be sad when we trade him. I still feel we should have dealt Cory at the deadline but with everything that has happened since April there is no going back.

Because I love Lu I hope he goes to Washington. The leafs are a cancer, and he's too big a star to be wasted in Florida. I think Washington has a core group of guys and a bunch of young talent coming up soon. He may be good for Ovis ego, show how a professional acts..
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#784 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

I love them both but I am a self proclaimed Lu lover.

Couldn't agree more. As a Jets season ticket holder, I have been waiting for him to be traded to the Eastern Conference. He's not perfect, but he's the best goalie the Canucks have ever had. Whatever team he gets traded to, I'm getting a Luo jersey of that team. Except, of course, if he goes to the Leafs. I will never get a Leafs jersey.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#785 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Couldn't agree more. As a Jets season ticket holder, I have been waiting for him to be traded to the Eastern Conference. He's not perfect, but he's the best goalie the Canucks have ever had. Whatever team he gets traded to, I'm getting a Luo jersey of that team. Except, of course, if he goes to the Leafs. I will never get a Leafs jersey.

Would you do Luongo+ for Byfuglien and Kane?

#786 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

#787 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,380 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

Are you serious?

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#788 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,489 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Are you serious?

bahahaha I was waiting for you to reply

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#789 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Maybe the team has consistency issues because their second line is injured?

Stop. Being. Realistic. And. Fact. Based.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#790 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Quote from MG on TSN last night regarding a Lulongo trade "If we decide to go down that route...."

Nothing has been decided and Lu has outplayed Schneiderman so far this year and evry other year for that matter.

I think Lu might even challenge Schneider for the #1 spot one day :emot-parrot:

Edited by scottiecanuck, 29 January 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#791 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

it was just a response to someone elses opinion.... geez

This is the thread in which to make responses to someone else's opinion news post.

Not in the thread named [NEWS ONLY] in caps and brackets.

#792 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,348 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Nothing has been decided and Lu has outplayed Schneiderman so far this year and evry other year for that matter.

If you actually believe Lu outplayed Schneider last season...well, then there's simply no hope for you.
Posted Image

#793 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,348 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

I have been a big Lu fan from even before he came to Vancouver. The first real jersey I bought was his with the stick-in-rink. But it has become crystal clear to me that Schneider is now a better goalie, and it's time for Luongo to move on.

However, I'll still be happy for him wherever he goes, and as long as it's not against the Canucks, I'll be completely cheering for him.
Posted Image

#794 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

Yesterday's game was great for the Canucks in more than one way.
It showcased how valuable an asset Luongo is. The Canucks again played a poor defensive game and they were still in the game. For teams like Washington, Philly, Toronto and Florida a point can go a long way.
It also showed us we need some size on this team. Ebbett is too small and we have enough of those kind of players. A guy like Kostopoulos would be a good fit for now. I would hope the Luongo deal would give us another Kassian type player but to be realistic even if it did give us that guy, it would be a young guy that wouldn't be ready for the NHL.

#795 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

In my opinion. I don't think Schneider has played "great" - 7-3 drubbing opening night. Then 5-0 shutout against Ducks. Then 4-1 loss in SJ. I know it's a team game, and the rest of the team hasn't really played that great either. But sooner or later, there's going to be a defining moment for the team, and for Schneider (on whether he's going to have a good season or not).

And surprisingly. Luongo has performed better statistically (3 games, to Schneid's 4 games played).

Schneider: 4 games played, %.897; GAA - 3.13

Luongo: 3 games played, %.917; GAA - 2.21

Don't know if this is a sign of things to come. I hope Schneider's play stabilizes sooner rather than later. In other words, hope he gets on a roll.

#796 sakage.shinga

sakage.shinga

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Injuries to Lu could very well be a double edged sword to this team!!!

Clearly you have zero idea what "double edged sword" actually means and how it was meant to be used. If you're a troll, you suck at it. If you're serious, then you suck at learning.

Ok, bye!
Posted Image

#797 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,348 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

As for rumours, it sounds like Florida is still definitely in the running, only waiting for their team to get healthy, and to decide what to do with Theodore (the mystery player?).

They certainly could use him. Theodore has been hit-and-miss (great one game, not so much the next). And Markstrom hasn't shown enough to indicate that he'll be ready for the starter's role anytime soon. Getting a vet like Luongo to hold the fort for a couple years and then groom the young guy (a la Schneider) could be just what they need.
Posted Image

#798 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

In my opinion. I don't think Schneider has played "great" - 7-3 drubbing opening night. Then 5-0 shutout against Ducks. Then 4-1 loss in SJ. I know it's a team game, and the rest of the team hasn't really played that great either. But sooner or later, there's going to be a defining moment for the team, and for Schneider (on whether he's going to have a good season or not).

And surprisingly. Luongo has performed better statistically (3 games, to Schneid's 4 games played).

Schneider: 4 games played, %.897; GAA - 3.13

Luongo: 3 games played, %.917; GAA - 2.21

Don't know if this is a sign of things to come. I hope Schneider's play stabilizes sooner rather than later. In other words, hope he gets on a roll.

As with previous seasons, they've both been good, but Schneider is younger, cheaper and his potential is higher. Lu might be the better athletic goalie, but Schneider is far superior technically, and I'll take that every time.

#799 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

As with previous seasons, they've both been good, but Schneider is younger, cheaper and his potential is higher. Lu might be the better athletic goalie, but Schneider is far superior technically, and I'll take that every time.

Luongo is clutch. When it matters he always shows up. Always.

If the team has lost an important game, it's always been a matter of the team letting Lu down. Luongo always holdsddown the fort. When it matters there isnt a single goalie in the league that can do what roberto does

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#800 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

good places for lu to go: edmonton, toronto, florida, chicago, anaheim, philadelphia, (maybe i mean maybe i mean maaybe), pittsburgh

#801 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,901 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

As with previous seasons, they've both been good, but Schneider is younger, cheaper and his potential is higher.  Lu might be the better athletic goalie, but Schneider is far superior technically, and I'll take that every time.

I agree. The one instance where the difference is obvious is how quickly they are able to get back to their feet, after going to the ice to make an initial save.

Luongo, many times looks like he's swimming...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#802 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,469 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

good places for lu to go: edmonton, toronto, florida, chicago, anaheim, philadelphia, (maybe i mean maybe i mean maaybe), pittsburgh

Do you mean maybe?

and no - Pittsburgh will not trade for him.
Posted Image

#803 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

If the team has lost an important game, it's always been a matter of the team letting Lu down. Luongo always holdsddown the fort. When it matters there isnt a single goalie in the league that can do what roberto does

Yeah, he was really clutch in those 3 games in Boston and game 7 of the finals.

#804 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Are you kidding? That's the single biggest knock against him. When it's a big game, he folds.......when the team has momentum and they need a big save, he folds.

#805 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

I don't get some of these ideas. I mean Anaheim loves Hiller, Chicago although there had been growing pains is comitted to Crawford moving forward.

Philadelphia I could see not being overly thrilled with Bryzgalov but he has potential to get hot as well so not sure this is a viable option or at least for this season.

Toronto I could see keeping their two goaltenders they have now. Why not ?

Florida does need an upgrade, but does that mean Markstrom is not ready to challenge ?
Posted Image

#806 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, he was really clutch in those 3 games in Boston and game 7 of the finals.

He stood on his head game seven. Made a couple huge saves and the team couldn't help him out. Go watch the game. Just watch it once and tell me how many times u expect him to absolutely rob the opposition.

You obviously don't remember the game. Watch it.

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#807 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Are you kidding? That's the single biggest knock against him. When it's a big game, he folds.......when the team has momentum and they need a big save, he folds.

Not all the time, however with Luongo not being 110% in those situations in the past ( which few are capable of ) it magnifies when he does come up short, which has not been all too often.

He has been phenominal for Vancouver and it is terrible how he has been treated by some. He is the best goaltender Vancouver has ever had and it will be a shame when he is moved.
Posted Image

#808 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,943 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

He stood on his head game seven. Made a couple huge saves and the team couldn't help him out. Go watch the game. Just watch it once and tell me how many times u expect him to absolutely rob the opposition.

You obviously don't remember the game. Watch it.

I don't recall letting in 3 goals on 20 some shots being described as 'standing on your head'

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#809 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,943 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

after last night's choke to LA it looks as though Lu is past his "best before" date so that means his price is going down!! Has he actually recorded a win this season? Don't think so. I am very surprised he is suited up if Gillis is serious about trading/dumping him!! Injuries to Lu could very well be a double edged sword to this team!!!

Words can't describe how stupid this post is

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#810 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I don't recall letting in 3 goals on 20 some shots being described as 'standing on your head'

WATCH THE GAME. W.o Luongo it would have been over well before the second period.

2cz94w5.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.