3019 replies to this topic

#61 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Dude! Ryan Smyth was drafted in the first round 6th overall. We would probably have to send them luongo and kassian just for him. Jensen and a 1st should probably get us yakupov. That's like 2 first rounders for 1. We might have to include js if we went rnh. That way we are sending them 5 1st rounders but only getting back 3.

You serious?
not sure if you are but Ryan Smith is 36 years old and avg's 50 points per year, he's a serviceable and great player but edmonton is not going to trade him and he's not worth luongo + kassian.....
Also being a first round draft pick means nothing, Cam Barker was a top 10 pick in the draft a while back and look at him now or does that mean we can trade him for 2 firsts

#62 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,321 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

To those that could not pick up on the sarcasm of this tweet.

There is no hope for you

You will struggle mightily everyday for the rest of your life

For those who did detect sarcasm, congrats on not bring retarded.

I believe Gillis' little interview has got away from him and has back fired.
The only people that believe him are here in the Luongo thread.

False Alarm.

Could have simply stated that it was sarcastic...Bags on others for being stupid... ...is this how you stroke your own pathetic ego? What a typical CDC'er

#63 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

To those that could not pick up on the sarcasm of this tweet.

There is no hope for you

You will struggle mightily everyday for the rest of your life

For those who did detect sarcasm, congrats on not bring retarded.

I believe Gillis' little interview has got away from him and has back fired.
The only people that believe him are here in the Luongo thread.

False Alarm.

One cannot simply bring retarded

#64 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

Sharp would be awesome, at this point I'd even go for bolland and a 2nd, but push for Bolland and a 1st. I'd throw in Raymond or Cannauton to get the first

#65 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,170 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

To be honest, I never really saw TO as a serious trading partner anyway. They just don't have what Van wants, or needs. I also think the emergence as Kass a legit top 6 scoring threat changes MG's strategy a bit. I think they're not so concerned with getting a top 6 roster player back as the centre piece, and can focus a little more on prospects and have a roster players as the secondary piece.

Agree that TO had to be a poor option. Kassian is looking good as his confidence seems sky high. It bodes well for teams who think they can play a more physical game against the Twins with Kassian banging bodies from the get go. Still think the 2nd line is a disaster and might be the downfall of the Canuck season. Kesler has to come back and be effective as well as Booth which might be a stretch.

Lui has to bring back a top 6 player, a prospect and a pic.

#66 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

One cannot simply bring retarded

Hahaha the irony
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#67 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Could have simply stated that it was sarcastic...Bags on others for being stupid... ...is this how you stroke your own pathetic ego? What a typical CDC'er

Why yes it is, I am really a morbidly obese 14 year old that gets bugged a lot

This is how I medicate
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#68 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

Condescension is that how you stroke your ego? Typical CDC'er. :bigblush:

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#69 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Here's hoping Toronto, islanders, Chicago, Edmonton Washington, Philly, and Florida all let in 5+ goals tonight. Go into the weekend all with bad goaltending :)
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#70 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,895 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

Agree that TO had to be a poor option. Kassian is looking good as his confidence seems sky high. It bodes well for teams who think they can play a more physical game against the Twins with Kassian banging bodies from the get go. Still think the 2nd line is a disaster and might be the downfall of the Canuck season. Kesler has to come back and be effective as well as Booth which might be a stretch.

Lui has to bring back a top 6 player, a prospect and a pic.

I don't disagree, but I have a feeling is only 2-3 weeks away from returning.......Booth 3-4. Seems illogical to get an older, high priced player if that is the case...........I think he will still look for a roster player versatile enough to move up and down the lineup, but a young player will be the centre piece

#71 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

To NYI:
Lu, Ballard, Sweatt, 3rd
To Van:
Nino, Vis

Vis and Nino both don't want to play for NYI so they are most likely looking for a trade. Canucks gain an offensive dman and young centre with lots of potential.
NYI get a veteran starting goalie that bring leadership to a young team. Ballard would be a top 4dman on the Islanders and he'd be better in the East. Sweatt is a mid-prospect that may crack a depth wingers spot. A higher pick to increase offer.
With NYI having tons of young talent they are in a position to make a move. Lu would consider as it is in the Eastern easier Conference and they are moving to a new building in 2015 with the very wealthy Nets. Also a lot closer to Florida.

#72 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

lol my thoughts exactly. My initial reaction was, poor noheart must have had a rough childhood....

#73 nazzymx

nazzymx

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

I wouldn't mind:

To Chicago:
Luongo
Raymond

To Vancouver:
Bolland
Stalberg
2nd round pick
Go Canucks Go------~

#74 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,957 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

As far as gut feelings go, I think the Ducks may be in talks, but that Philly makes the most sense if they can move Bryz.

Why would Anaheim be in the mix? The have Hiller, plus Fasth and John Gibson. Even if Hiller doesn't do well they have excellent depth in net and know they aren't immediately contending for a cup anyway. It's not Hiller's fault they were bad last year.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#75 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

To NYI:
Lu, Ballard, Sweatt, 3rd
To Van:
Nino, Vis

Vis and Nino both don't want to play for NYI so they are most likely looking for a trade. Canucks gain an offensive dman and young centre with lots of potential.
NYI get a veteran starting goalie that bring leadership to a young team. Ballard would be a top 4dman on the Islanders and he'd be better in the East. Sweatt is a mid-prospect that may crack a depth wingers spot. A higher pick to increase offer.
With NYI having tons of young talent they are in a position to make a move. Lu would consider as it is in the Eastern easier Conference and they are moving to a new building in 2015 with the very wealthy Nets. Also a lot closer to Florida.

" Waiting on a team to make a decision with one of their current roster players before a deal can get done" does sound like Rick Dipietro could fit that description. Plus the fact that Nino and visnovsky want out probably means we could get them for relatively cheap.

Also before all the typical posters come in with " it's the islanders why would Roberto waive his no trade clause to go there omg lolz!" Explain to me why Luo would rather be a back up in Vancouver than go to live in Brooklyn and be the go to guy but without the pressure of Vancouver ?

Edited by TmanVan, 24 January 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#76 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

and the delusions of grandeur go on and on!!! With Lu's contract forget any other GM taking a deal from MG seriously. He'd have eat at least half of that contract!!!....

How many times are you going to say the same BS...we get it...you don;t !

#77 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,957 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

To NYI:
Lu, Ballard, Sweatt, 3rd
To Van:
Nino, Vis

Nino might not want to, but Snow has already stated he has no plans to trade him.

Vis has stated he'll come back to play for the Isles, but wanted to stay in Russia because of health concerns for his son. His son has surgery or therapy in early February and once that's taken care of, Vis wants to come over. He wouldn't play for anyone in the NHL until that's over with.

" Waiting on a team to make a decision with one of their current roster players before a deal can get done" does sound like Rick Dipietro could fit that description. Plus the fact that Nino and visnovsky want out probably means we could get them for relatively cheap.

Also before all the typical posters come in with " it's the islanders why would Roberto waive his no trade clause to go there omg lolz!" Explain to me why Luo would rather be a back up in Vancouver than go to live in Brooklyn and be the go to guy but without the pressure of Vancouver ?

Ok, so how about this then: Why the hell would we want DiPietro back just to buy him out, unless we got significant return? Nino and Vis isn't near enough for that and you can bet they aren't giving up a lot more just because we throw in Ballard and Raymond.

Or how about why would the Isles want to:
  • give up all assets they'd need to in order to get us to part with Luongo?
  • choose to keep both DiPietro and Luongo so as to not give up as much?

Edited by elvis15, 24 January 2013 - 12:15 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#78 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,026 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

lol At Adam Proteau, career Canuck-hater, tweeting 'Gillis just got an AMAZING offer for Luongo' after TO beat Pittsburgh last night. But i suspect that was some kind of lame twitter joke.

Twitter is overpopulated with lame jokes. Anytime anything happens in the sports world, you get reminded of it countless times by everyone in sports media and blogs who takes their crack at humour. And i must say, the majority of the jokes rank from 'Well that was freakin' obvious, douchebag' to 'Try harder. You can do better.'

I wish sports media and blog guys would just stop trying to be funny when they clearly aren't. Sure, the odd one 'haha' guy is fine. But EVERYBODY!?! Shut the hell up hell up, Carrot Top.
Posted Image

#79 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Why would Anaheim be in the mix? The have Hiller, plus Fasth and John Gibson. Even if Hiller doesn't do well they have excellent depth in net and know they aren't immediately contending for a cup anyway. It's not Hiller's fault they were bad last year.

Hiller's contract only has 1 more year on it, and he has struggled, so they might want a more stable goalie, and therefore, the other player who had to be dealt with or whatever Gillis said could be Hiller.

Bobby Ryan has been publicly unhappy with management there, and there were rumours last year connected with Vancouver & Anaheim & a goalie (Schneider+ for Perry).

With Selanne, Koivu, Getzlaf, Perry, Lydman all UFAs at the end of the year & Ryan the year after, another reason they need some stability and a sign to show Getzlaf to re-sign.

And plus, it's just a gut feeling, like I said Philly seems to make the most sense.

#80 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Twitter is overpopulated with lame jokes. Anytime anything happens in the sports world, you get reminded of it countless times by everyone in sports media and blogs who takes their crack at humour. And i must say, the majority of the jokes rank from 'Well that was freakin' obvious, douchebag' to 'Try harder. You can do better.'

I wish sports media and blog guys would just stop trying to be funny when they clearly aren't. Sure, the odd one 'haha' guy is fine. But EVERYBODY!?! Shut the hell up hell up, Carrot Top

This part of your post sounds exactly like Jason Botchford, makes Booth jokes all the time and it is getting incredibly old.

zackass.png

#81 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Luongo for komisarek. Straight up.

#82 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

Luongo for a conditional 7th

zackass.png

#83 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Luongo for a conditional 7th

What about Luongo for Chicago's DJ

Edited by Noheart, 24 January 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#84 The-Impersonator

The-Impersonator

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

This part of your post sounds exactly like Jason Botchford, makes Booth jokes all the time and it is getting incredibly old.

Botchford is not once ounce funny or an reliable source for good sports information.

#85 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Here's hoping Toronto, islanders, Chicago, Edmonton Washington, Philly, and Florida all let in 5+ goals tonight. Go into the weekend all with bad goaltending :)

Ikr? I'm finding myself now looking for the highlights for all these teams to see how their goaltending is. :towel:

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#86 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

On Luongo...

Sources tell me talks with the Flyers haven't occurred since before the season, but the Oilers are putting together a hell of a package...still, all things equal, Gillis wants him out of the division and out of the Conference. My money would still be on Toronto, even though the Leafs are playing good hockey right now.

More to come...

This is from Eklund. But who can we believe at this point of time.

Go Canucks Go :canucks:

Cheers.. :towel:

Garbage source, but I wouldn't do this unless one of Hall, Eberle, or RNH are involved somehow in the trade, which is extremely unlikely.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#87 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Even if the Oilers put together, "a hell of a package," I don't see Luongo saying yes. He'll look at Gillis, try to keep a straight face for a moment, then laugh.

Edited by aliboy, 24 January 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#88 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,730 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

I would do a

Sam Gagner, MSP, Khabibhulin

for

Luongo, Connauton

Or a

Yakupov for Luongo straight up.

Won't happen for lots of reasons though.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#89 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

I would do a

Sam Gagner, MSP, Khabibhulin

for

Luongo, Connauton

No thanks; that's their equivalent of Kadri, Bozak, and a pick. I'd rather take the Leafs deal even if it was just Luongo and you're including Connauton too?

I think it's Anaheim. No way their GM keeps his job if he loses Perry and Getzlaf uncompensated. Ryan would most likely push stronger for a trade in that situation.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#90 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,664 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

Luongo

Marleau

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.