The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

after last night's choke to LA it looks as though Lu is past his "best before" date so that means his price is going down!! Has he actually recorded a win this season? Don't think so. I am very surprised he is suited up if Gillis is serious about trading/dumping him!! Injuries to Lu could very well be a double edged sword to this team!!!

I still think the Canucks should trade Luongo or perhaps even Schneider at the trade deadline. Depends on how they play up to that point. Highest value of return will be at that point, and we have to lose one for the reduced cap next year.

I love them both but I am a self proclaimed Lu lover.. He's been showing us poise and skill and it'll be sad when we trade him. I still feel we should have dealt Cory at the deadline but with everything that has happened since April there is no going back.

Because I love Lu I hope he goes to Washington. The leafs are a cancer, and he's too big a star to be wasted in Florida. I think Washington has a core group of guys and a bunch of young talent coming up soon. He may be good for Ovis ego, show how a professional acts..

Couldn't agree more. As a Jets season ticket holder, I have been waiting for him to be traded to the Eastern Conference. He's not perfect, but he's the best goalie the Canucks have ever had. Whatever team he gets traded to, I'm getting a Luo jersey of that team. Except, of course, if he goes to the Leafs. I will never get a Leafs jersey.

Couldn't agree more. As a Jets season ticket holder, I have been waiting for him to be traded to the Eastern Conference. He's not perfect, but he's the best goalie the Canucks have ever had. Whatever team he gets traded to, I'm getting a Luo jersey of that team. Except, of course, if he goes to the Leafs. I will never get a Leafs jersey.

I have been a big Lu fan from even before he came to Vancouver. The first real jersey I bought was his with the stick-in-rink. But it has become crystal clear to me that Schneider is now a better goalie, and it's time for Luongo to move on.

However, I'll still be happy for him wherever he goes, and as long as it's not against the Canucks, I'll be completely cheering for him.

Yesterday's game was great for the Canucks in more than one way.

It showcased how valuable an asset Luongo is. The Canucks again played a poor defensive game and they were still in the game. For teams like Washington, Philly, Toronto and Florida a point can go a long way.

It also showed us we need some size on this team. Ebbett is too small and we have enough of those kind of players. A guy like Kostopoulos would be a good fit for now. I would hope the Luongo deal would give us another Kassian type player but to be realistic even if it did give us that guy, it would be a young guy that wouldn't be ready for the NHL.

In my opinion. I don't think Schneider has played "great" - 7-3 drubbing opening night. Then 5-0 shutout against Ducks. Then 4-1 loss in SJ. I know it's a team game, and the rest of the team hasn't really played that great either. But sooner or later, there's going to be a defining moment for the team, and for Schneider (on whether he's going to have a good season or not).

And surprisingly. Luongo has performed better statistically (3 games, to Schneid's 4 games played).

Schneider: 4 games played, %.897; GAA - 3.13

Luongo: 3 games played, %.917; GAA - 2.21

Don't know if this is a sign of things to come. I hope Schneider's play stabilizes sooner rather than later. In other words, hope he gets on a roll.

As for rumours, it sounds like Florida is still definitely in the running, only waiting for their team to get healthy, and to decide what to do with Theodore (the mystery player?).

They certainly could use him. Theodore has been hit-and-miss (great one game, not so much the next). And Markstrom hasn't shown enough to indicate that he'll be ready for the starter's role anytime soon. Getting a vet like Luongo to hold the fort for a couple years and then groom the young guy (a la Schneider) could be just what they need.

In my opinion. I don't think Schneider has played "great" - 7-3 drubbing opening night. Then 5-0 shutout against Ducks. Then 4-1 loss in SJ. I know it's a team game, and the rest of the team hasn't really played that great either. But sooner or later, there's going to be a defining moment for the team, and for Schneider (on whether he's going to have a good season or not).

And surprisingly. Luongo has performed better statistically (3 games, to Schneid's 4 games played).

Schneider: 4 games played, %.897; GAA - 3.13

Luongo: 3 games played, %.917; GAA - 2.21

Don't know if this is a sign of things to come. I hope Schneider's play stabilizes sooner rather than later. In other words, hope he gets on a roll.

As with previous seasons, they've both been good, but Schneider is younger, cheaper and his potential is higher. Lu might be the better athletic goalie, but Schneider is far superior technically, and I'll take that every time.

Archived