Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Philly 2-6.

Luongo 2-0-2

Hi Paul Holmgren.

Would love to share your feeling about Philly being in the running but...

Bryz has a .918 SV% and a 2.31 GAA. And watching the game today Bryz looked better than I had seen him in a long time, made alot of big saves & was probably their best player.

Goaltending just isn't there problem, as much as I wish it was.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 02 February 2013 - 12:29 AM.

zackass.png

#1292 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Philly: they aren't shy about big moves, but it would take two of them to get it done - buying out Bryz (or finding somewhere to dump him) then trading for Luongo. It remains to be seen if Bryz can do the trick for them, but I see them giving him a shot at least until the deadline.

best thing that could happen with Bryz is he continues to play decent but not spectacular, Philly gets a mediocre offer for him freeing them up to put a proper bid in on Lu.

#1293 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Actually, Lou is playing very well and has been working on the things he needed to work on...the technical things... :) getting square to shooter, better balance over his skates etc... Schneider had a poor first game but has equaled Lou in SP and close in GAA over his last 3 games. The team is also playing better as the season progresses and that is benefitting Lou. Lou can play great goal, and did it in 2010-11....he just needed to revert to what made him successful that season. I';m always happy when I see goalies improve and fix the technical problems. I just hope he keeps with the program...we all win then.

Good post Smurf.

#1294 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

best thing that could happen with Bryz is he continues to play decent but not spectacular, Philly gets a mediocre offer for him freeing them up to put a proper bid in on Lu.

Actually, the best thing that could happen is Vancouver fans realize what riches they have and stop this ridiculous course of action.

#1295 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Actually, the best thing that could happen is Vancouver fans realize what riches they have and stop this ridiculous course of action.

....There are actually many fans that would concur with this !

#1296 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

....There are actually many fans that would concur with this !

Yes, as I have noticed tonight during the game, the fans sitting in the barn are right behind Luongo, supporting him unconditionally. I for one am very happy with this turn of events. It could have been extremely ugly in Vancouver for years to come. hopefully, time will heal old wounds, while the media calms down with their stupidity and ugly clown acts, as fans return to support the greatest athlete Vancouver has ever seen as their own.

I would say we're not too far from that.

For they who are still looking forward to a Luongo trade, I certainly hope you don't have children.

This damn evil thread ought be to be closed promtly.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 02 February 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#1297 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Yes, as I have noticed tonight during the game, the fans sitting in the barn are right behind Luongo, supporting him unconditionally. I for one am very happy with this turn of events. It could have been extremely ugly in Vancouver for years to come. hopefully, time will heal old wounds, while the media calms down with their stupidity and ugly clown acts, as fans return to support the greatest athlete Vancouver has ever seen as their own.

For they who are still looking forward to a Luongo trade, I certainly hope you don't have children.

....It's funny really if you flip through all the posts regarding Luongo and see all the posters who have in the past slagged Lou yet now are jumping onto the bandwagon.Wonder how long they'll stay this time around?

#1298 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,523 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

That's a fine line though, tough one for us to hope they walk.

It's getting old CH101. Stop rehashing the same argument when it'll absolutely depend on what is offered to Gillis. Not saying it couldn't happen we trade Schneider but it's still much more likely Luongo is the one to go.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1299 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

2 days off, what are the chances a deal goes down this weekend?

#1300 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

.........Unfortunately I doubt the media will calm down as they thrive on negativity.That's also why the naysayers always come back with Luongos lapses.As has always been a fact in all walks of life 10 good statements are easily overshadowed by 1 negative statement.
Bad or negative news sells,good news err....well... mmm...soon forgotten.

#1301 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,705 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

2 days off, what are the chances a deal goes down this weekend?

Depends how badly MG wants to screw this team over.

A good GM would never trade their best player during this season

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#1302 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

It's getting old CH101. Stop rehashing the same argument when it'll absolutely depend on what is offered to Gillis. Not saying it couldn't happen we trade Schneider but it's still much more likely Luongo is the one to go.

For sure it's a fine line, as (I think) Bryz is a fine goalie. But there's not too much to worry about here any way you slice it. Luongo is an even finer goalie and I'm willing to bet other teams are inquiring about him all the time. As I said earlier, I think Gillis is working two angles: taking potential offers for the off-season/trade-deadline, and immediate offers.

ps to CH101 I don't read your posts so you're wasting your time responding to me.

#1303 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Luongo gets traded in the next few days... bet on it.

(if I am right, maybe I can start up a rumours website with Samjam.... if I am wrong then I am still just another CDC goofball making dumb guesses).

If they do have a deal in the works to trade him, this would be a good window... not many games in the next few days so an opportunity for any additions to have a practice or two.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#1304 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

Luongo gets traded in the next few days... bet on it.

(if I am right, maybe I can start up a rumours website with Samjam.... if I am wrong then I am still just another CDC goofball making dumb guesses).

If they do have a deal in the works to trade him, this would be a good window... not many games in the next few days so an opportunity for any additions to have a practice or two.

I hope you're right Projam.

#1305 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

Which teams are actually in the market right now? I would say Florida and Toronto, and the outside shot being Washington. Aside from that I don't see much else. There are problems in each possibility though.

And what would they be able to give up?

I think teams will start looking at making moves right now but with the few teams avaliable I don't know what we are looking at as a possible return. Bjugstad, Kadri, Gardiner, Kuznetsov and Forsberg probably won't be avaliable so what are we looking at here for from those teams?

zackass.png

#1306 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Luongo was really good tonight.

I think the new goalie coach and no pressure have made him a tier above what we thought he was before, Schneider still has the better cap of skill in my opinion. He just has not realized it.

I think we've encountered a situation where Luongo is playing for nothing, he has become post human at the goal tending position.

Does he reamin this way if Schneider is traded? I think it's worth betting on, you have to think at this point Luongo is destined to win the Vancouver Canucks a Stanely Cup in sublime dramatic fashion and if Schneider's trade is extremely fortuitous for scoring depth, I don't think we can lose.

What a ride.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#1307 Coda

Coda

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Which teams are actually in the market right now? I would say Florida and Toronto, and the outside shot being Washington. Aside from that I don't see much else. There are problems in each possibility though.

I think teams will start looking at making moves right now but with the few teams avaliable I don't know what we are looking at as a possible return. Bjugstad, Kadri, Gardiner, Kuznetsov and Forsberg probably won't be avaliable so what are we looking at here for from those teams?

If the canucks don't get a very big return...they won't trade Luongo. It's that simple at this point.

#1308 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

I don't think any team will match the value of either of our goaltenders.

Neither will be traded, and we'll get to showcase them both again during the playoffs, if Toronto misses the playoffs again maybe the change their mind and part with Gardiner.

Time will tell.

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#1309 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

I'll stop when you guys calm down and start supporting your team instead of trying to destroy it. how's that? You're looking for a deal. Do we have a deal?

#1310 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

For sure it's a fine line, as (I think) Bryz is a fine goalie. But there's not too much to worry about here any way you slice it. Luongo is an even finer goalie and I'm willing to bet other teams are inquiring about him all the time. As I said earlier, I think Gillis is working two angles: taking potential offers for the off-season/trade-deadline, and immediate offers.

ps to CH101 I don't read your posts so you're wasting your time responding to me.

Rarely do I notice you. Wouldn't waste my time.

#1311 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

Schneider
Raymond
Higgins
Ballard

Gardiner
Frattin
Macarthur

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Schroeder Kesler
Macarhur Burrows Frattin
Volpatti Lapierre Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Gardiner Garrison

Luongo

Edited by Merci, 02 February 2013 - 02:37 AM.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#1312 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

I don't think any team will match the value of either of our goaltenders.

Neither will be traded, and we'll get to showcase them both again during the playoffs, if Toronto misses the playoffs again maybe the change their mind and part with Gardiner.

Time will tell.

Gardiner? GARDINER??? For a top notch goaltender, I'm looking for top notch returns. Gardiner, Kadri, Biggs, and all other Leafs except maybe Kessel and Phaneuf are entirely inadequate. In Florida, another losing team, there is as much talent as water in a desert. The only player that looks like an equal return might be Campbell plus change. We're talking fifth in GAA and fourth in Sv%. We're talking top notch. We're talking Ovechkin, Malkin-type returns which for other teams, is entirely out of the question.

Therefore, Luongo won't be traded.

Schneider onthe other hand, is a very good goaltender, ready for #1 duty but still unproven and could get the Canucks a very good return, especially if packaged.

#1313 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

MG better hold off on all trade talks for now. I wouldn't feel comfortable trading a red hot goalie yet alone one that looks like he's hitting his prime right now.

Goalies take much longer to develop, and for all we know we're seeing Luongo hit his peak right now. He's only in his early 30's, when most goalies do really come into their own, and he's putting up career numbers. It would be downright stupid to trade a legendary goaltender who will finish in the top-10 in just about every goalie stat, let alone one that is just peaking now.

Keep Luongo, trade Schneider who's still years off his peak. We're watching Luongo play the best hockey of his career. It made sense when people thought he was burned out and finished but he's clearly not, this guy is having a reawakening and it's scary to think how good he might be.

We trade Luongo now and this is the single biggest stuff up in hockey - whoever gets him will go deep in the playoffs while we'll struggle to make them with a young, inexperienced Schneider who's not playing his best hockey right now.
Posted Image

#1314 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Schneider
Raymond
Higgins
1st

Gardiner
Frattin
Macarthur

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Schroeder Kesler
Frattin Burrows Macarhtur
Volpatti Lapierre Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Ballard Garrison
Gardiner

Luongo

Now that's more like it. But I certainly hope you brace yourself, the hate shall overwhelm you. These "people" are vindictive and out for blood. Observe.

#1315 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Schneider
Raymond
Higgins
1st

Gardiner
Frattin
Macarthur

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Schroeder Kesler
Frattin Burrows Macarhtur
Volpatti Lapierre Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev
Ballard Garrison
Gardiner

Luongo

That's... Pretty bad for us...

Gardiner? GARDINER??? For a top notch goaltender, I'm looking for top notch returns. Gardiner, Kadri, Biggs, and all other Leafs except maybe Kessel and Phaneuf are entirely inadequate. In Florida, another losing team, there is as much talent as water in a desert. The only player that looks like an equal return might be Campbell plus change. We're talking fifth in GAA and fourth in Sv%. We're talking top notch. We're talking Ovechkin, Malkin-type returns which for other teams, is entirely out of the question.

Therefore, Luongo won't be traded.

Schneider onthe other hand, is a very good goaltender, ready for #1 duty but still unproven and could get the Canucks a very good return, especially if packaged.

When are you ever going to drop from cloud 9.

Luongo won't get a star player and it seems clear he won't get Gardiner or Kadri either at this point.

zackass.png

#1316 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

MG better hold off on all trade talks for now. I wouldn't feel comfortable trading a red hot goalie yet alone one that looks like he's hitting his prime right now.

Goalies take much longer to develop, and for all we know we're seeing Luongo hit his peak right now. He's only in his early 30's, when most goalies do really come into their own, and he's putting up career numbers. It would be downright stupid to trade a legendary goaltender who will finish in the top-10 in just about every goalie stat, let alone one that is just peaking now.

Keep Luongo, trade Schneider who's still years off his peak. We're watching Luongo play the best hockey of his career. It made sense when people thought he was burned out and finished but he's clearly not, this guy is having a reawakening and it's scary to think how good he might be.

We trade Luongo now and this is the single biggest stuff up in hockey - whoever gets him will go deep in the playoffs while we'll struggle to make them with a young, inexperienced Schneider who's not playing his best hockey right now.

Smashian? Are you reading this? Even Smurf has admitted his satisfaction of seeing better goaltending from Luongo. The wagon has taken off. Are you on it? Or are you just going to be like a complaining grand-pa, bitter toward all good things and continue spreading hate and lowball trade proposals?

#1317 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

I love Luongo.

But it's a few games. I don't know how anyways can say he is peaking when we have seen these performences for years. He was at his best in 06/07, I just can't see how it is debatable. Maybe he got mentally stronger which is great but he still isn't peaking and it's quite as good IMO as he was then, still a spectacular goalie, but that 06/07 seasons was something else.

I don't think we should trade him right now either, but he is the one that is going, Schneider is staying, he is the future and trading Lu is the move that makes the most sense for both sides.

zackass.png

#1318 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Frattin and Macarthur are going to be the physicality we need.

Both capable of 20 goals in a regular season, both have been good on the leafs.

Raymond has looked good because Dmen have been getting their legs back, all Raymond can do is skate of course he'll be good for the first 15 games

Gardiner isn't really my favorite pick with how Ballard has played.

I just think Schneider to Toronto is a mega possibility, just depends if Reimer and the other guy suck.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#1319 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

That's... Pretty bad for us...

When are you ever going to drop from cloud 9.

Luongo won't get a star player and it seems clear he won't get Gardiner or Kadri either at this point.

That's right. The Canucks won't get a star player, nor fringe Leafs Gardiner or Kadri because Gills isn't trading his #1 goaltender.

If I'm on cloud 9, you're still in Vietnam fighting a war long past.

It's over.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 02 February 2013 - 02:45 AM.

#1320 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

Smashian? Are you reading this? Even Smurf has admitted his satisfaction of seeing better goaltending from Luongo. The wagon has taken off. Are you on it? Or are you just going to be like a complaining grand-pa, bitter toward all good things and continue spreading hate and lowball trade proposals?

No I love Luongo, I'm glad to see he is playing absolutely, incredibly rock solid. Although really it's nothing new, aside from the inconsistent stretches from time to time he has always been this way.

The point is there are circumstances and things, and in the new NHL, young players on ELC's with sky high upside that can contribute at 20-22 are insanely valuable things, and when you consider cirumstances of the teams and players involved, it only makes it even more likely.

Do I think Luongo is just as if not more valuable than Gardiner or Kadri? Absolutely.

Do I think it is a move that Toronto would ultimately make in there present situation? No I do not.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.