3019 replies to this topic

#1351 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Kadri is a kid with 7 points - like Luongo's value, nothing has changed - Kadri is not all of a sudden an untouchable - this to me looks like more of the popular short-term thinking/evaluating - and Gardiner is not "key in all situations".

Interesting. Not exactly the same sentiment around here for Kassian, another kid with 6 points.

Must be pure coincidence, eh?

:bigblush:

#1352 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

So far Toronto has looked pretty decent, even with Lupul hurt, Kessel with zero goals, and their goaltenders being below average (what else is new). And they're doing it with Jake Gardiner on the Marlies. And for the future, they have amassed quite a few quality D prospects, led by Morgan Reilly.

You have to think that the longer that the playoffs look like a possibility (but not a lock); and the more Luongo shows that he hasn't lost a step, and is not going to have one of his trademark slow starts...Nonis very well may consider upping his offer.
Posted Image

#1353 Doddie

Doddie

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Trade, why? we have two great goaltenders, trading one would weaken us more than we are. Over the summer, Lou returned to his old goaltenders coach and is having great success. Is he trying to tell us something?

#1354 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

Purely hypothetical question: Leafs offer Kessel for Luongo and Raymond...would you pull the trigger?
Posted Image

#1355 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Purely hypothetical question: Leafs offer Kessel for Luongo and Raymond...would you pull the trigger?

I probably would.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#1356 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

Trade, why? we have two great goaltenders, trading one would weaken us more than we are. Over the summer, Lou returned to his old goaltenders coach and is having great success. Is he trying to tell us something?

He is in essence "doing what's best for the team" isn't he... Stopping pucks for the Vancouver Canucks.

The Toronto Sports Network keeps playing the sensationalization card is repeating that Schneider must not be happy with this situation. Now I know where King of the ES is getting his news.

Only McKenzie is making sense in stating that once Schneider is given another opportunity, that he must play very well, otherwise they'll go back with Luongo.

#1357 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Smashian? Are you reading this? Even Smurf has admitted his satisfaction of seeing better goaltending from Luongo. The wagon has taken off. Are you on it? Or are you just going to be like a complaining grand-pa, bitter toward all good things and continue spreading hate and lowball trade proposals?

I stated Luongo is playing better, but Schneider is still my preference. Lou is still here because other teams don;t see the value that MG has put on him and a trade has not happened.Lou still has work to do..has had some really good puck luck the last 2 games. The goal Kane scored was a good example of Lou's inability to get from one post to the other without falling forward. On a positive note, Lou was great in the shootout and showed a lot of patience.

#1358 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Anybody who wouldn't is nothing short of crazy.

I am personally shocked at these Kessel trade rumours coming out of Toronto. Can't imagine them trading Kessel would turn out well. If anything, trade Lupul, maybe even trade Phaneuf. But 24 year-old Phil Kessel? Good luck replacing him. Yeah, he has 0 goals so far, but he's getting nearly 5 SOG per game. They would be nuts to move him.

#1359 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Anybody who wouldn't is nothing short of crazy.

I am personally shocked at these Kessel trade rumours coming out of Toronto. Can't imagine them trading Kessel would turn out well. If anything, trade Lupul, maybe even trade Phaneuf. But 24 year-old Phil Kessel? Good luck replacing him. Yeah, he has 0 goals so far, but he's getting nearly 5 SOG per game. They would be nuts to move him.

I totally agree. In fact, I would still pull the trigger if we had to add a 1st rounder (although, I'd also want one of their goalies coming back to play back-up).

I think the one thing this team could use more than anything is a pure sniper, who can create offense out of nothing, and put the puck in the net even if he is being defended perfectly. It would give us a new look, especially in the playoffs. It seems all the other team has to do is take away the time and space for Sedins to make tic-tac-toe plays, take the slot away from Kesler, and BOOM! - we got nothin.
Posted Image

#1360 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

The Toronto Sports Network keeps playing the sensationalization card is repeating that Schneider must not be happy with this situation. Now I know where King of the ES is getting his news.

Dude, give it up. The world is not out to get the Vancouver Canucks. TSN does not root against the Vancouver Canucks. Nor do NHL officials, as much as I'm sure you believe that they do. Canuck fans really are the "Quebec" of NHL contingents, aren't they? Just remove the soother and the tin foil hat, please.

Anyway, it is fairly obvious that Cory Schneider is not happy with the situation. Nor is your homeboy Luongo, who did not expect to be here (and he didn't expect to be here because he had asked to be moved).

#1361 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

VAN
Kessel
Phaneuf

TOR
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond
Schroeder
1st

#1362 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

VAN
Kessel
Phaneuf

TOR
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond
Schroeder
1st

Great for Vancouver. Can't imagine Toronto being interested.

#1363 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Damn Luongo wasn't impressive at all... toews kane sharp n leddy musta gone easy on him. Trade this bum!!! /Sarcasm.

He's elite. He's the best... if u thought other wise change ur mind and accept you are extremely wrong about the face of our franchise
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#1364 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Luongo lost the starting position because Schneider was a better goalie when it mattered most - in the playoffs.

It doesn't matter how well he plays in the first 10 games of the regular season. Nothing has changed.
Posted Image

#1365 Hockey!?

Hockey!?

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

I stated Luongo is playing better, but Schneider is still my preference. Lou is still here because other teams don;t see the value that MG has put on him and a trade has not happened.Lou still has work to do..has had some really good puck luck the last 2 games. The goal Kane scored was a good example of Lou's inability to get from one post to the other without falling forward. On a positive note, Lou was great in the shootout and showed a lot of patience.

The hypocrisy never stops with you, does it? Luongo's feats chalked up to nothing more than "really good puck luck." On the flip-side, any faults made by Schneider and you jump on the defensive. If it were the reverse, you'd be bashing Luongo and throwing the man under the bus.

Luongo lost the starting position because Schneider was a better goalie when it mattered most - in the playoffs.

It doesn't matter how well he plays in the first 10 games of the regular season. Nothing has changed.

Schneider replaced Luongo during round one to help ignite the team. The Canucks were not playing well out of the gate.

Edited by Hockey!?, 02 February 2013 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1366 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Who from the Canucks organisation announced this? Link please.

Only thing I've heard is AV saying he's got two number 1 goalies.

To me it seems Luongo is the Canucks' starter and CS is the backup.

#1367 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,583 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Exactly

we're seeing the no pressure, nothing to lose, no one to answer to Luongo. Trade Schneider and it will be the same old Luongo. He wants out, he knows he's out and he's having fun.....good on him and it's helping the Nucks.

#1368 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

No he lost it because the team was God awful infront. …f him and his spectacular play made them look not as bad. Luongo is better what don't u understand... he's an else goalie. Do u get that?
He's dominated for ten years and won't stop dominating
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#1369 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

Schneider being number one is media fabrication.
Luongo demanding a trade is media fabrication.
Schneider's unhappiness is media fabrication.

An old man is threatened by some young youths: "give us your money" they say. The man says: "ok. I'll give you guys $1,00 each today. Tomorrow, I'll divide in two, the next day twice once more." The youths agree and they each get $1,00. The next day they come back to the old man and the old man gives them 0.50 cents each. The next day after that, 0.25 cents each. The next day after that 0.12 cents, then 0.06 cents. On the sixth day, the youths didn't bother to show up to collect their 0.03 cents and the old man had peace.

#1370 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Seriously? It was announced loud and clear in games 3, 4, and 5 of the Kings series:

Posted Image

Of course AV is gonna downplay it. And yes, he DOES have two #1 goalies. But one was clearly chosen as the better choice with the season on the line.

In fact, your entire post is contradictory. You say that you refuse to believe one thing because it hasn't been specifically spelled out for you by the Canucks' organization. Then you point out that AV has repeatedly stated that neither of his goalies is considered the back-up. But then you immediately flip, and try to identify the back-up.
Posted Image

#1371 sampy

sampy

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

Lu has grown more as player and person. Watching him with the media and on twitter, he's changed in the last couple years. He's still developing and is in his prime year. Experience counts for a lot.

#1372 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

No he lost it because the team was God awful infront. …f him and his spectacular play made them look not as bad. Luongo is better what don't u understand... he's an else goalie. Do u get that?
He's dominated for ten years and won't stop dominating

So the back-to-back Presidents trophy winning team suddenly forgot how to play hockey? To the point where their dominant goaltender had worse stats than most of the starters for all the weaker teams?

And then, the team magically got significantly better for Schneider, so that instead of letting in 3-4 goals per game in, he let in only 1 in regulation for 3 straight? The best goaltending statistics of the playoffs?

Well then, I guess what you're saying is that the team plays better in front of Schneider in the playoffs than it does for Luongo... ...which is yet another indication that we should trade the latter.
Posted Image

#1373 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

we're seeing the no pressure, nothing to lose, no one to answer to Luongo. Trade Schneider and it will be the same old Luongo. He wants out, he knows he's out and he's having fun.....good on him and it's helping the Nucks.

This used to be my line of thinking, but you've gotta think that the longer Lu stays on with us, the higher the odds become that maybe he'll be the one staying permanently.

I've said from the getgo that Schneider would've been the smarter guy to trade, and if that were to happen, I would personally be very happy (depending on the return, of course). The transformation of Luongo since April of 2012 has been remarkable - it's possible that he'll now have a second career wind in him.

The yield from trading Schneider would also still clearly be higher. Far bigger market, younger, cheaper, etc. I could see a quick Schneider trade happening, with Gillis saying that it was never said that Luongo had relinquished his #1 status on this team (which is true, I think).

Anyway, I'd still put it at roughly 60/40 that Lu is the one traded, but, for god's sakes, please just make the trade so we can all move on.

#1374 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Seriously? It was announced loud and clear in games 3, 4, and 5 of the Kings series:

Posted Image

Of course AV is gonna downplay it. And yes, he DOES have two #1 goalies. But one was clearly chosen as the better choice with the season on the line.

In fact, your entire post is contradictory. You say that you refuse to believe one thing because it hasn't been specifically spelled out for you by the Canucks' organization. Then you point out that AV has repeatedly stated that neither of his goalies is considered the back-up. But then you immediately flip, and try to identify the back-up.

Did Schneider win the Cup yet? Did he even win a series? Has he even played one full season as a number one? Is he really a number one then?

Schneider, as of now, has a lot of crumbs to eat. If he is really better than Luongo, he will surface as the undisputed number one. If Schneider cannot handle the pressure of competing against an elite goaltender and falters, it ought to be a good indication that he might not be ready yet and/ or might not have what it takes.

As for the stupidity of saying Luongo is playing a no pressure game with nothing to lose, this guy has everything to lose. How about he's playing like the elite goaltender he is, the competitor he is and has worked all summer long with his old coach to better himself and compete and regain face and his rightful position?

Do you guys HAVE TO DIG A GRAVE FOR HIM? Do you really HAVE to? I don't know what the hell is in the Vncouver water but you guys have GOT to understand that you are creating some serious damage and on the Toronto speculation to say the least.

I'm in Ontario right now and I am taking hockey with people here and they just don't understand how the hell Vancouver can hate so much. They call their own team the Laughs. They understand it. They're not particularité fond Of Phaneuf, Kessel OR Kadri though they're warming up to Kadri. But what they don't understand is why Vancouver would ever get rid of Luongo. And according to my daily conversations with hockey fans here, they think a Luongo for Phaneuf deal is a steal for Toronto, and same in a Kessel for Luongo.

You guys HAVE GOT to get it together.

#1375 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:16 PM

Did Schneider win the Cup yet? Did he even win a series? Has he even played one full season as a number one? Is he really a number one then?

I can ask the same question to you about Luongo. Where's his ring?
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#1376 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

VAN
Kessel
Phaneuf

TOR
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond
Schroeder
1st

Great for Toronto. Can't imagine Vancouver being interested.

There goes depth, there goes three futures, down goes team character, in comes two players the Leafs should rid themselves of and get value for while they can, but not from us, thanks. That deal would literally make me ill. You want a package like that from Vancouver be prepared to give up a guy like Pietrangelo and TJ Oshie, Backes or Steen.

Edited by oldnews, 02 February 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#1377 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Schneider, as of now, has a lot of crumbs to eat. If he is really better than Luongo, he will surface as the undisputed number one. If Schneider cannot handle the pressure of competing against an elite goaltender and falters, it ought to be a good indication that he might not be ready yet and/ or might not have what it takes.

As for the stupidity of saying Luongo is playing a no pressure game with nothing to lose, this guy has everything to lose. How about he's playing like the elite goaltender he is, the competitor he is and has worked all summer long with his old coach to better himself and compete and regain face and his rightful position?

Do you guys HAVE TO DIG A GRAVE FOR HIM? Do you really HAVE to? I don't know what the hell is in the Vncouver water but you guys have GOT to understand that you are creating some serious damage and on the Toronto speculation to say the least.

I'm in Ontario right now and I am taking hockey with people here and they just don't understand how the hell Vancouver can hate so much. They call their own team the Laughs. They understand it. They're not particularité fond Of Phaneuf, Kessel OR Kadri though they're warming up to Kadri. But what they don't understand is why Vancouver would ever get rid of Luongo. And according to my daily conversations with hockey fans here, they think a Luongo for Phaneuf deal is a steal for Toronto, and same in a Kessel for Luongo.

You guys HAVE GOT to get it together.

You're being highly dramatic tbh.

This isn't Schneider vs Luongo, this is Schneider and Luongo.

They're right - Luongo would make the Leafs a much better team than either of those guys do, and either of them would be a huge mistake for Vancouver. Terrible fits, excessive cap hits, and a lack of character that is not the direction the Canucks should be going in imo.

#1378 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Schneider being number one is media fabrication.
Luongo demanding a trade is media fabrication.
Schneider's unhappiness is media fabrication.

An old man is threatened by some young youths: "give us your money" they say. The man says: "ok. I'll give you guys $1,00 each today. Tomorrow, I'll divide in two, the next day twice once more." The youths agree and they each get $1,00. The next day they come back to the old man and the old man gives them 0.50 cents each. The next day after that, 0.25 cents each. The next day after that 0.12 cents, then 0.06 cents. On the sixth day, the youths didn't bother to show up to collect their 0.03 cents and the old man had peace.

First I thought you were a media conspiracy nut job.
Then came .2 cents .7 cents, wtf? Stopped reading.

I specifically asked for a link that Canucks had declared CS the starter and Luongo the backup. Not what ever you posted.

Posted Image

Was same announcement made in game 6, game 7, and game 8 of the 2012/13 season?

#1379 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

There goes depth, there goes three futures, down goes team character, in comes two players the Leafs should rid themselves of and get value for while they can, but not from us, thanks. That deal would literally make me ill.

Which is an emotional response, which is not surprising, given your utter hatred and resultant inability to have any sort of objectivity when discussing the Toronto Maple Leafs.

This deal would effectively exchange Keith Ballard and Mason Raymond from today's roster for Dion Phaneuf & Phil Kessel. Yeah, highway robbery for Toronto, isn't it?

#1380 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

VAN
Kessel
Phaneuf

TOR
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond
Schroeder
1st

Don't care for this trade if they're going to play on the Canucks. However, what might the Canucks get for Kessel and Phaneuf if Gillis flipped them to other teams?

regards,
G.

Edited by Gollumpus, 02 February 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.