3019 replies to this topic

#1441 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

I only watched a couple Wolves games and he did not impress me much.

Do you really think he is ready for the show?

Hasnt really been given a chance in nhl, what i like about him is his poise and maturity.

#1442 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

I completely agree with your post except the bolded parts.

I would be quite interested in Matt Frattin, & of course a 1st, aswell as guys like Biggs, Finn and even Kadri (not that I think they would trade him)

As for NYI, they simply can't afford Lu while they have Dipietro, they can't afford to buyout Rick and we won't take him, it is an unaviodable road block and really they aren't in a position to give up young assets for Luongo right now anyways as they aren't a playoff team with Lu. I don't see how that would make sense for them.

And Bryz has been playing quite well for Philly, as long as he continues this they won't be needing a goalie.

Aside from that great post, +1.

Thanks, but I think you may be wrong about a couple things:

1. Fletcher, Burke, and Nonis have traded away good players and high draft picks and acquired PhaGoof and Mrs. Kessel, truculent pylons, and small prospects; none of which we want. And a short while ago it seemed to be the accepted fact that Luongo had turned down a move to the centre of the Canadian media universe.

2. DiPietro may well be the "player they need to decide what they are going to do with before we can get it done" Gillis was talking about when he said he had a potential deal in place. NYI also has, in my opinion at least, some of the goofiest management in the NHL, is moving to a new building in a better market, and plenty of players, prospects, and draft picks to satisfy GMMG's wish list. He also said it was not with any of the teams everyone was talking about, and at that time, somewhat like now, most people did not think the NY Islanders were a plausible trade partner.

3. Smarter, more knowledgeable people than I on these boards have made good cases for Washington and Florida. With Luongo's good play, new upbeat attitude, and expansion of his list of teams to which he would consent to be moved, perhaps other teams are looking a little closer at what they might need to do to get him. I think Bryzgalov might also have been the "player need to decide etc" but everyone had Philly in the mix back then. Who knows? Gillis has surprised me many times and like DeNiro says, "Gillis is smarter than me."

Anyway, thanks for all your smashes back at K of the BS troll and that ridiculous side-kick of his, Canucks Hockey 101, even if it is feeding the trolls.
Why these people have priviledges here is beyond me.
And no, it is not because they have good content that happens to be saying bad things about the Canucks.
It is because they clutter up the boards with all their crap.

#1443 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

This used to be my line of thinking, but you've gotta think that the longer Lu stays on with us, the higher the odds become that maybe he'll be the one staying permanently.

I've said from the getgo that Schneider would've been the smarter guy to trade, and if that were to happen, I would personally be very happy (depending on the return, of course). The transformation of Luongo since April of 2012 has been remarkable - it's possible that he'll now have a second career wind in him.

The yield from trading Schneider would also still clearly be higher. Far bigger market, younger, cheaper, etc. I could see a quick Schneider trade happening, with Gillis saying that it was never said that Luongo had relinquished his #1 status on this team (which is true, I think).

Anyway, I'd still put it at roughly 60/40 that Lu is the one traded, but, for god's sakes, please just make the trade so we can all move on.

If the return was far better I would definitely consider trading Schneider.

I agree with you that we would probably get a better return for CS. I just don't know if how much better it is would outweigh the positives of having a younger star goalie that has a much longer career ahead.

If it was something like couturier, a first round pick and a young role player I would probably do it. I doubt it would be that awesome but for me to trade Cory instead of luongo it would have to make the post luongo future much brighter than Schneider would.

And we can't trade him to Edmonton, Calgary or Toronto

#1444 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Yes. Quality of Competition. Another "advanced" which just averages opponents' corsi scores - which is based almost entirely on SOG.

Hockey is not baseball. You can't isolate singular events in a hockey game like you can in baseball - pitcher v. hitter, no matter how hard these Bill James wannabes try.

So instead, look at stats from other leagues like the AHL to made predictions about the NHL :bigblush:

Edited by gushybear, 02 February 2013 - 06:11 PM.

July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#1445 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Thanks, but I think you may be wrong about a couple things:

1. Fletcher, Burke, and Nonis have traded away good players and high draft picks and acquired PhaGoof and Mrs. Kessel, truculent pylons, and small prospects; none of which we want. And a short while ago it seemed to be the accepted fact that Luongo had turned down a move to the centre of the Canadian media universe.

2. DiPietro may well be the "player they need to decide what they are going to do with before we can get it done" Gillis was talking about when he said he had a potential deal in place. NYI also has, in my opinion at least, some of the goofiest management in the NHL, is moving to a new building in a better market, and plenty of players, prospects, and draft picks to satisfy GMMG's wish list. He also said it was not with any of the teams everyone was talking about, and at that time, somewhat like now, most people did not think the NY Islanders were a plausible trade partner.

3. Smarter, more knowledgeable people than I on these boards have made good cases for Washington and Florida. With Luongo's good play, new upbeat attitude, and expansion of his list of teams to which he would consent to be moved, perhaps other teams are looking a little closer at what they might need to do to get him. I think Bryzgalov might also have been the "player need to decide etc" but everyone had Philly in the mix back then. Who knows? Gillis has surprised me many times and like DeNiro says, "Gillis is smarter than me."

Anyway, thanks for all your smashes back at K of the BS troll and that ridiculous side-kick of his, Canucks Hockey 101, even if it is feeding the trolls.
Why these people have priviledges here is beyond me.
And no, it is not because they have good content that happens to be saying bad things about the Canucks.
It is because they clutter up the boards with all their crap.

Yeah, it is nice to have a discussion with you rather than talking to a spinning circle like it feels like sometimes talking with some of those guys.

1. I don't know about that neccisarily, Phaneuf was traded for Stajan, Hagman, Mayers, and White. And we can still get picks. Really it comes to preference, I think there are some good prospects that can be had like Tyler Biggs (Who is huge, nasty and a budding PWF) Matt Finn is a nice two-way defenseman who is about at the level of Frank Corrado, and Matt Frattin has decent size, is physical (been described as a bull on skates) and he is a solid 2 way guy with a good wrist shot and offensive skills.

Not going to go through and try to sell everyone to you, As again it comes down to preference and opinion as we are just speculating on what they might become, so there is nothing wrong with you feeling that way. But I do feel there are some pieces that might be intriguing.

2. Yeah those comments MG made make it seem like NYI might be that team. But when you break it down it just seems unlikely IMO, they will have to give up something good to rid themselves of Dipietro, then they will have to give up something good to get Luongo. And this is a team that isn't near being a contender and is in the re-building process. They already did something like that earlier when they gave away young assets for a top tier player in his prime when they weren't ready for it and it cost them big time for the last decade (The Yashin Deal) We have also seen a similar thing in Toronto with Kessel. I can't seem them as willing to do it again, especially with so much promise on the arise from their young guys. It makes much more sense for them to stick it out then enjoy a decade or more of stability and success once their young talent arises.

3. I think you can scratch Philly off the list right now, Bryz is finally bringing the goaltending they paid for, they just need to get their defense healthy, I do see Washington and Florida as opportunities though. Florida is a bit different as we will probably need to take some salary back, but I think both have intriguing pieces that could make a deal happen that is reasonable for both sides.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 02 February 2013 - 06:43 PM.

zackass.png

#1446 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Okay first off, why would they have any interest in Schneider?? They have Pavelec.

Now removing Schneider from the equation for a second and looking at everything else. Where is the incentive for them to make that move?

Byfuglien >>>>>>> Ballard + Raymond

Kane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schroeder + 1st

They likely wouldn't move Kane for that package alone let alone adding in Byfuglien.

Another example of quantity for quality.

The offer was:

Van
Byfuglien
Kane

WPG
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond
Schroeder
1st

#1447 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,067 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

TO has absolutely nothing of any value to the Canucks, in my opinion. They have screwed Kessel so bad.......for crying out loud, get the kid someone to play with.

#1448 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

The offer was:

Van
Byfuglien
Kane

WPG
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond
Schroeder
1st

Schneider isn't a need for them, so he holds little value in the deal, they would likely ask for him to be changed to Kesler or Edler, that's the part you aren't getting.

But Just for arguments sake though.

Schneider = Byfuglien
everything else <<<<<<< Kane

zackass.png

#1449 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

The offer was:

Van
Byfuglien
Kane

WPG
Schneider
Ballard
Raymond
Schroeder
1st

Which Winnipeg laughs at.

Please stop with your horrendous proposals

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1450 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

TO has absolutely nothing of any value to the Canucks, in my opinion. They have screwed Kessel so bad.......for crying out loud, get the kid someone to play with.

Really you don't like anything in there organization at all?

No Kadri, no Frattin, No Biggs, No Finn, No Percy, No picks?

Even untouchables like Rielly.

You don't like anything at all, Interested as to why?

zackass.png

#1451 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I completely agree with your post except the bolded parts.

I would be quite interested in Matt Frattin, & of course a 1st, aswell as guys like Biggs, Finn and even Kadri (not that I think they would trade him)

As for NYI, they simply can't afford Lu while they have Dipietro, they can't afford to buyout Rick and we won't take him, it is an unaviodable road block and really they aren't in a position to give up young assets for Luongo right now anyways as they aren't a playoff team with Lu. I don't see how that would make sense for them.

And Bryz has been playing quite well for Philly, as long as he continues this they won't be needing a goalie.

Aside from that great post, +1.

The more you post, the more you're turning ugly. You talk about scraps from the Canucks' side and then you throw out names like Biggs, Frattin and Kadri... Very nice work Smashian. Your logic never ceases to amaze.

The most amazing logic you have come up yet is you expected Luongo to play the way he plays but that shouldn't change anything, while disregarding Schneider's sub par numbers. Are you looking for reasons to complain for years to come?

If Luongo is in the process of regaining his rightful position, should you not support the guy? Are you that thick between the ears and ever so vindictive that forgiveness is not on your radar?

Give it a break already. You're like that last guy trying to dig for gold when everyone else know the well is exhausted. And so proud that you'll settle for any dust you find.

Ridiculous.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 02 February 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#1452 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

They're Leafs that's why. Just look at how oldnews talks about Kessel and Phaneuf, and how we would lose a trade with Toronto that would see us acquire both Phil and Dion :lol:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#1453 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

The more you post, the more you're turning ugly. You talk about scraps from the Canucks' side and then you throw out names like Biggs, Frattin and Kadri... Very nice work Smashian. Your logic never ceases to amaze.

The most amazing logic you have come up yet is you expected Luongo to play the way he plays but that shouldn't change anything, while disregarding Schneider's sub par numbers. Are you looking for reasons to complain for years to come?

If Luongo is in the process of regaining his rightful position, should you not support the guy? Are you that thick between the ears and ever so vindictive that forgiveness is not on your radar?

Give it a break already. You're like that last guy trying to dig for gold when everyone else know the well is exhausted. And so proud that you'll settle for any dust you find.

Ridiculous.

Your calling Frattin and Kadri scraps? Do you think Kassian and Tanev are scraps?

I said Ballard and Raymond right now are. They are playing better, but there value hasn't risen significantly yet.

zackass.png

#1454 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

They're Leafs that's why. Just look at how oldnews talks about Kessel and Phaneuf, and how we would lose a trade with Toronto that would see us acquire both Phil and Dion :lol:

Yeah the Anti-Leaf bias kind of bugs me aswell.

Yeah they aren't the greatest team and there is this stereotype that they suck and every player is terrible but that's not the case, they have better prospects/young players than we do and it isn't really that close.

zackass.png

#1455 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

VAN

Couturier

PHI

Schneider

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 02 February 2013 - 07:22 PM.

#1456 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

VAN

Couturier

PHI

Schneider

Well I think it's reasonable because you centered it.. :rolleyes:

#1457 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,067 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

They're not giving up any young guys or picks, they are in a rebuild.

#1458 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

They're not giving up any young guys or picks, they are in a rebuild.

They aren't in a rebuild..

They would be willing to give up prospects and picks just not main guys like Rielly, Kadri, and Gardiner.

zackass.png

#1459 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

VAN

Couturier

PHI

Schneider

Um.... you know one-for-one trades are quite risky, right? Given Schneider's skills, I say we increase depth, not one area.
Posted Image

#1460 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Schneider can fetch us more in a trade. Trade schneider will likely get us a young star back like gudbranson
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#1461 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Ridiculous.

You got that right, it's ridiculous how you think Luongo has come out of nowhere played better than we have ever seen, once again become the best goalie in the world and is unquestionably our guy.

I support Luongo fully, I support that he wants to move on.

Like I said, Luongo is an all-star goalie, anyone who was expecting him to preform any worse than this is the one I would worried about being "thick between the ears"

It is expected Roberto plays like this, he is Roberto Luongo, like Cory said it isn't a rookie being called up.

Cory has been pretty good, while Cory was facing great scoring chances galore while our team was knocking off rust, it appears our team is much better now than before so when Cory steps in he will play just as well. Watch

Luongo has played a great couple of games, from the Calgary game on Schneider has played well too, no reason to overreact and blow a few good games by Roberto out of proportion, Cory is still our guy and he will step in and play well.

zackass.png

#1462 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Imagine if Montreal had traded Price instead of Halak? How bad would they look now?

Gotta keep Schneids.

zackass.png

#1463 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

You got that right, it's ridiculous how you think Luongo has come out of nowhere played better than we have ever seen, once again become the best goalie in the world and is unquestionably our guy.

I support Luongo fully, I support that he wants to move on.

Like I said, Luongo is an all-star goalie, anyone who was expecting him to preform any worse than this is the one I would worried about being "thick between the ears"

It is expected Roberto plays like this, he is Roberto Luongo, like Cory said it isn't a rookie being called up.

Cory has been pretty good, while Cory was facing great scoring chances galore while our team was knocking off rust, it appears our team is much better now than before so when Cory steps in he will play just as well. Watch

Luongo has played a great couple of games, from the Calgary game on Schneider has played well too, no reason to overreact and blow a few good games by Roberto out of proportion, Cory is still our guy and he will step in and play well.

If you respect Luongo's wish to move on, then let him move on and stop trying to trade him.

#1464 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

If you respect Luongo's wish to move on, then let him move on and stop trying to trade him.

That sentence makes zero sense..

hL9YqYN.jpg

#1465 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Wha..... ....???..... That doesn't make any sense.

So you want to let him move on but you don't want to trade him.

So in another words you want him to move on but you don't want him to move on.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 02 February 2013 - 08:30 PM.

zackass.png

#1466 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Wha..... ....???..... That doesn't make any sense.

So you want to let him move on but you don't want to trade him.

So in another words you want him to move on but you don't want him to move on.

Moving on... yes. Let him play. Stop antagonizing him.

#1467 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,511 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

:picard: Letting him move on means trading him.

#1468 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

:blink: :picard:

This:

:picard: Letting him move on means trading him.

zackass.png

#1469 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

not sure what you are on...but its not good for you !

#1470 harpdog

harpdog

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

I think the Canucks are in the dressing room laughing at everyone and you think there is a trade and really there isn't one.

This is just a ploy to get the fans talking about something else other than how bad they played and just how serious of an injury Kesler had during the playoffs and how bad Edler played when we all knew he wasn't an all star who could be beat to the right by fast skaters.. Why answer the tough questions when you can let the fans create a frenzy. The Canucks only decided to do what they did all season. They played what goalie they felt had the best chance to win. They are still doing it and the press and the fans keep saying there is a trade. Haha, jokes on you! Yea there is a trade if a genaral manager out there is stupid enough to accept 3 top teir players and a couple 1st round choice. Gillis isn't going to trade Luongo unless he raids some other teams cupboards bare. I just don't think there is a GM who will be that stupid and also assume that rediculous salary too.
But truly, leave the goaltending duties to Sneider who hasn't proven he is a full time starter and to a prospect. Lets bring in Messier too!
I am getting as much credit as I can because when I am dead I won't have to pay it back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.