The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

I find it laughable they Tallon won't part with a college player for an all star netminder who ACTUALLY WANTS TO PLAY IN FLORIDA- the guy is a joke. Luongo would instantly inject excitement into that franchise. Not to mention he would play his G D heart out for them. Tallon doesn't get it.

If it's Florida and say that Tallon wants to wait until they are healthier to gauge where they're at, what if they're completely out of it by then and in a position to draft #1 overall?

Would Seth Jones make Gudbranson slightly more available (even more so since there have already been reports that relationship was strained early on and the suspension might only have exacerbated things)?

I find it laughable they Tallon won't part with a college player for an all star netminder who ACTUALLY WANTS TO PLAY IN FLORIDA- the guy is a joke. Luongo would instantly inject excitement into that franchise. Not to mention he would play his G D heart out for them. Tallon doesn't get it.

My guess is MG and DT will eventually compromise, with MG taking one of these guys on to go with Nick Bjugstad and Scott Clemmensen when it is all said and done. Pick your poison but I'd go with Upshall just for some extra jam in the playoffs. Buy him out in the summer if it doesn't work. Ultimately we are going to have to rely on guys who are already here and hopefully that means players like Kesler stop flopping around. Our second line needs to focus on scoring and get offensive production from guys who are actually paid to score goals (Booth, Kes, Burr) I don't see a Top 6 coming back for Lou if Gillis is looking for a strong prospect. I'd also be very happy with Lou for Bjugstad, Upshall and Clemmensen, but my guess is Florida needs to continue to tank a bit more before this happens. The Panthers have to continue to struggle before DT will start feeling some heat from ownership, and hopefully that will lead to both teams reaching an agreement and pulling the trigger.

Here is Thomas Drance's (Canucks Army) article on the Lu saga. Good Read.

http://canucksarmy.com/2013/1/31/the-potential-roberto-luongo-trade-an-update

Gagner and Paajarvi would be a very tempting return from Edmonton despite the divisional rival.

IMO it's been Florida the entire time due to Lu's NTC. Gillis is trying to get Talllon to increase his offer.

If trading Lu means no return and Schneider can get a big return, IMO Gillis should keep Lu. Every playoff series lost was to a better healthier team. Experience counts for a lot. I'm happy with Lu in net but I do think Schneider is the better goalie and should only be traded if a star player is coming back.

after last night's choke to LA it looks as though Lu is past his "best before" date so that means his price is going down!! Has he actually recorded a win this season? Don't think so. I am very surprised he is suited up if Gillis is serious about trading/dumping him!! Injuries to Lu could very well be a double edged sword to this team!!!

I've been banned for the last little bit, but needed to quickly thank oldnews - who else - for providing some comedy in my absence.

Dale Wiese and Kevin Connauton for Cal Clutterbuck? Really? :lol: One of the funnier proposals that I've seen in recent memory, and that's coming from a guy who already suggested Coburn, Couturier, and Simmonds for Luongo.

Don't want Lu to go anywhere. Keep him I say, KEEP HIM. :rolleyes:<_<-_-:lol::)::D

I know reality says this will likely not happen, I am not dumb.

The media has done a great job of turning people into rapid clueless and ungrateful fans. Sorry, not trying to say you are all clueless, but you know who you are. :emot-parrot:

I've been banned for the last little bit, but needed to quickly thank oldnews - who else - for providing some comedy in my absence.

Dale Wiese and Kevin Connauton for Cal Clutterbuck? Really? :lol: One of the funnier proposals that I've seen in recent memory, and that's coming from a guy who already suggested Coburn, Couturier, and Simmonds for Luongo.

Although the team may run at a loss, the corporation that owns the team and runs the arena has been fairly profitable.

Now, with increased revenue sharing, the losses on the HRR side will be offset further, making them even more profitable.

Of course, increased ticket sales, merchandise, and playoff revenue due to acquiring a franchise goaltender with a long history in the area could increase profits even further.

Archived