The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

:lol:

Schneider had a panic attack. Luongo finished the game for him. You're referencing a one-time, extremely low probability event for your point on the merits of keeping both goalies for the playoffs?

Please remind me - how many goals did we score against Boston, again? Over a full 7 games?

Stop adding me in this proposal, as it was never mine and I never said it was a fair deal. And I have told you this many times, atleast 3-5 times before. So just stop.

My proposal's have been:

Luongo for Kadri, Bozak, 2nd

Luongo for Frattin, Finn, 1st

Both of which are fair or close to it value wise

The point is, smarter hockey minds than you don't think these are mistakes (otherwise you'd be sitting with your feet up in some NHL GM's office with a cigar in your mouth and some "dumb" current GM would be on here typing posts instead). If it weren't for Willie Mitchell's multiple concussons, he would've also been on one of those 4-5year/$14-$17.5m contracts. Was that also a mistake by Dean Lombardi (2 years, plus two year extension)?

Apparently you feel Kadri is no longer available - is the same now true of Frattin who is probably outperforming Kadri at this point?

I understand why you'd want Frattin - but why Finn? I'd much rather have a player like Petrovic personally, but are you looking at Finn thinking we haven't drafted a blueliner in the higher rounds for a few years, or do you see something special about the guy?

Not sure what you're really trying to say here.

Gillis values Garrison at the contract that he offered him. Someone else alluded to the fact that Detroit & Philadelphia were prepared to offer him more money - OK, fine. I would also venture a guess that there were more than a couple of GMs who think the contract's crazy. These differing opinions are what makes a vibrant UFA market.

A lot of people on this board think that Wideman's contract is crazy. Feaster would clearly disagree.

Not sure what you're really trying to say here.

Gillis values Garrison at the contract that he offered him. Someone else alluded to the fact that Detroit & Philadelphia were prepared to offer him more money - OK, fine. I would also venture a guess that there were more than a couple of GMs who think the contract's crazy. These differing opinions are what makes a vibrant UFA market.

A lot of people on this board think that Wideman's contract is crazy. Feaster would clearly disagree.

Was watching CTV and they had a interesting interview with Lou and Schneider.

Lou was presenting a angle that #1 was always there to be fought over well Schneider was coming off a little upset about not starting. Saying he negotiated in good faith but always felt something like this could happen. I would link it if I could find it.

Anyone else catch that? I swear Schneiders body language and the words he chose made me feel like he was going out the door instead. Be cool to see other peoples reactions to it.

Was watching CTV and they had a interesting interview with Lou and Schneider.

Lou was presenting a angle that #1 was always there to be fought over well Schneider was coming off a little upset about not starting. Saying he negotiated in good faith but always felt something like this could happen. I would link it if I could find it.

Anyone else catch that? I swear Schneiders body language and the words he chose made me feel like he was going out the door instead. Be cool to see other peoples reactions to it.

There were only 9 defensemen in the NHL last year with more points than Dennis Wideman.

I have no idea why people keep going on and on about how awful Wideman's contract is, yet simultaneously going on and on about how wonderful Garrison's is.

Archived