3019 replies to this topic

#1711 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Schneider and his agent are becoming impatient.

His agent wants Luongo gone now.

http://www.vancouver...7331/story.html

"We are only interested in resolution, we are not going to get into the finger-pointing game and to that end you have to take a step back and you have to give them latitude to make a business decision."

Read more: http://www.vancouver...l#ixzz2K06tfWXa

Hey Mike... That IS pointing fingers. Trade Schneider. If he's going to pull a Hodgson, it ain't gonne be pretty.

Luongo is signed for the rest of his career. If you need more convinving concerning the matter, look at the Oilers' sound bites on Luongo. Watch the games, and see for yourself. Luongo held the Canucks in until Bieksa scored. then it was open game. Tanev gets his first.

Trade Schneider and get the returns of veteran winning players who will help the team get over the playoff hunch; secondary scoring, toughness and a never quit attitude.

Keep Luongo.

#1712 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

POPULAR

"We are only interested in resolution, we are not going to get into the finger-pointing game and to that end you have to take a step back and you have to give them latitude to make a business decision."

Hey Mike... That IS pointing fingers. Trade Schneider. If he's going to pull a Hodgson, it ain't gonne be pretty.

Luongo is signed for the rest of his career. If you need more convinving concerning the matter, look at the Oilers' sound bites on Luongo. Watch the games, and see for yourself. Luongo held the Canucks in until Bieksa scored. then it was open game. Tanev gets his first.

Trade Schneider and get the returns of veteran winning players who will help the team get over the playoff hunch; secondary scoring, toughness and a never quit attitude.

Keep Luongo.

ffs.

You look for every excuse to keep Luongo.

Schneider is staying. Luongo is going. Just accept it please.

zackass.png

#1713 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

I don't understand why none of the teams who were interested in Luongo, are now, not offering anything.

With the way, Luongo has been playing, I don't understand why teams aren't knocking at Gillis' door asking what he wants for Lu.

#1714 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

ffs.

You look for every excuse to trade Luongo.
Posted Image
Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Boston Bruins Posted Image

#1715 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

ffs.

Yep. I think everyone knows that management wants to 'showcase' Luongo. And they've made a good risk, because Lu's been playing lights out. The longer teams wait, the higher the demand and asking price will be. It would be wiser for teams to begin offering, thus, creating a bidding war.

Either that. Or teams are waiting until Lu gets on a losing streak, and then forcing Gillis to "sell low".

Either way, though, it sucks to be Schneids at this point. I think he deserves to start and be No. 1 goaltender. But with the way, Lu has been playing, how can you sit him?

#1716 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

You look for every excuse to trade Luongo.

Nah man, big fan of both, Schneids is just the better option.

zackass.png

#1717 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

ffs.

I think Schneider's staying.
Posted Image

#1718 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Keep Luongo.

I respectfully disagree. I think Schneider is the more promising goalie, and he's entering his prime years as an athlete. He also has performed admirably during the regular season, and seems to have the mental capacity to perform when it's most rigorious and intense - the playoffs. Management has to keep Schneider. Luongo - while a great tender, needs and deserves to be given a No. 1 role on another team. But Canucks need to get something back in return. Wouldn't be fair for them to just give him away.

It will be better for the team overall, though, for Lu to be gone sooner rather than later.

#1719 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Don't know what Schneider is mad about. I'd love getting 4 million to ride the pine.

#1720 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Unless a deal comes along that makes us better or offers us a package of prospects/futures that won't be avaliable in the offseason. Lu stays till the offseason.

zackass.png

#1721 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Unless a deal comes along that makes us better or offers us a package of prospects/futures that won't be avaliable in the offseason. Lu stays till the offseason.

I'm sure we'll get Crosby for Luongo.
Posted Image

#1722 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

.. And you know this how?

None of us know, but pretty much nothing points to that.

#1723 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

have you listend to gillis at all he has stated numerous times that he will keep both goalies going forward unless there is a deal that makes us better he is not going to give anyone away just because media thinks we have a controversy

#1724 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,511 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Keep Luongo.

this is his agent speaking not schneider ok do people not get this schneider will continue to support luongo just as luongo would do the same they both knew this could happen having them both stay on until the offseason and that is what's going to happen unless some team panics its about the team not the individual both of them know this

#1725 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

It is hard to justify trading Lu with Vezina numbers.

God I hope they don't trade bobby lu.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#1726 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Points to what?

I'm just stating what I think we should do.

zackass.png

#1727 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

have you listend to gillis at all he has stated numerous times that he will keep both goalies going forward unless there is a deal that makes us better he is not going to give anyone away just because media thinks we have a controversy

He has also talked about potential deals, interested teams. Luongo has publicly waved his NTC.

He's trying to move him. Yes, he is waiting for the right deal. That doesn't mean he's trying to wait until the off-season..

#1728 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Points to what?

I'm just stating what I think we should do.

The way you worded it made you sound certain that is what is happening.

#1729 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

The way you worded it made you sound certain that is what is happening.

Oh my mistake then.

zackass.png

#1730 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

It doesn't matter how many times McPhee says he has no interest in Luongo, constantly watching both of his tenders getting completely lit up and who knows how fast his stance could change.

Edited by TmanVan, 05 February 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#1731 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

It doesn't matter how many times McPhee says he has no interest in Luongo, constantly watching both of his tenders getting completely lit up and who knows how fast his stance could change.

Where there's smoke, there's fire, right?

#1732 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,764 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:15 AM

If he's going to pull a Hodgson, it ain't gonne be pretty.

pull a hodgson?

schneider is about to turn 27, and has spent a lot of his prime years sitting on the bench

he signed a contract with the expectation that he was going to play a lot. perhaps 75% -- there's virtually no reason to assume this wasn't a mutual understanding.

schneider has EVERY reason to be alarmed at what's going on here. his youth is passing him by.

someone has to go
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#1733 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

pull a hodgson?

schneider is about to turn 27, and has spent a lot of his prime years sitting on the bench

he signed a contract with the expectation that he was going to play a lot. perhaps 75% -- there's virtually no reason to assume this wasn't a mutual understanding.

schneider has EVERY reason to be alarmed at what's going on here. his youth is passing him by.

someone has to go

which is why Lu has got to be the one to go. Schneids is entering his prime.

#1734 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Bye bye Lou. Thank you for all the years and also upping your trade value with your recent play. Lou will be traded in the next two weeks.

You can quote me on that when it happens.

No further comments

#1735 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Go to the tsn site and watch canucks oilers ice chips. Man its getting harder to trade Luongo each day haha the most calm and cool Lu I've ever seen. The way he's handling the media and this whole situation has got to be boosting his value on character points alone. I still think he will be the one gone in the end and he will be missed for sure. Cory is going to be a rockstar though, and our goaltending wont skip a beat.

Kinda reminds me of when you got 2 girls on the go and the one is super cool but out of nowhere has these crazy meltdowns and the other is really hot but you dont know much about her... Do you drop the new hot one because you think the other girl has figured her s**t out? or do you say ive seen enough of this crazy woman and see what the young'ns got?

Best post ever...

Lus melt downs are team melt downs, lu is just the fall guy. I think trading him is going to be a big mistake, should hold onto both for now.

#1736 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

which is why Lu has got to be the one to go. Schneids is entering his prime.

How do u know that?? Schneids has big shoes to fill if Lu goes, believe it or not.

Any argument supporting Schneids is 100% assumption. He is a good goalie for sure, dont want to take that away from him, but does he have the potential to be better than Luongo?

Time will tell

#1737 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

How do u know that?? Schneids has big shoes to fill if Lu goes, believe it or not.

Any argument supporting Schneids is 100% assumption. He is a good goalie for sure, dont want to take that away from him, but does he have the potential to be better than Luongo?

Time will tell

tough task to be better than luongo one of the best all-time, but what schneids does do is allow the canucks to have solid goaltending for the next decade.

If they trade schneider (hypothetical) and lack doesnt become the goalie we all think he can be, where does that leave the canucks in 4years? right where edmonton or florida are now searching for a quality goalie the most important position on any team.

to me that is the biggest pro for keeping schneider, the two are very close right now but schneider allows the team stability moving forward.

#1738 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

tough task to be better than luongo one of the best all-time, but what schneids does do is allow the canucks to have solid goaltending for the next decade.

If they trade schneider (hypothetical) and lack doesnt become the goalie we all think he can be, where does that leave the canucks in 4years? right where edmonton or florida are now searching for a quality goalie the most important position on any team.

to me that is the biggest pro for keeping schneider, the two are very close right now but schneider allows the team stability moving forward.

Exactly! But so many people have a love affair w Lou they don't want to accept or understand that.

#1739 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

I've conversed with aquilini. Unless he's changed his mind, very possible Lou is gone - Schnieds is who they are going with long term.

I've conversed with aquilini. Unless he's changed his mind, (possible) Lou is gone - Schnieds is who they are going with long term.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 05 February 2013 - 03:51 AM.

#1740 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

I don't understand why none of the teams who were interested in Luongo, are now, not offering anything.

With the way, Luongo has been playing, I don't understand why teams aren't knocking at Gillis' door asking what he wants for Lu.

You don't?

It's his contract that is driving this deal, as I have said this whole time. He's signed until 2022, which is a major, major commitment (read: risk) that other organizations are not eager to accept.

Edited by King of the ES, 05 February 2013 - 06:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.