3019 replies to this topic

#1801 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Luongo to Washington for Neuvirth, a second rounder, and Kuznetsov.

#1802 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Incredible :picard:

BTW, Tanev also has more goals than a certain captain of a certain team, who's name is escaping me at the moment, believe he wears #33, though.

You should probably see a doctor if you can't remember.

Salary would need to come back or be retained in a Luongo deal, imo.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#1803 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Salary would need to come back or be retained in a Luongo deal, imo.

That, and Washington isn't interested, at all, which they've made very clear, and which is a bit of a roadblock.

#1804 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

That, and Washington isn't interested, at all, which they've made very clear, and which is a bit of a roadblock.

Maybe not now, but down the road if Neuvirth and Holtby continue to falter, it is a definite possibility.

hL9YqYN.jpg

#1805 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I don't recall Dubnyk stopping a 3-on-1 from point blank in the slot, nor do I recall him stopping a penalty shot in OT.

Both those saves were gamechangers, just like Devan's whiff job on Bieksa's goal turned a W into an OTL. Gamechangers and hence the star order.

Lou played well..let me say that upfront. But lets get real...Lou didn;t have to move to stop penalty shot...pretty muchg hit him in the pad....shooter didn;t even go for a corner...high stick side was a gimmy.....The 3 on one he challenged...and fell on his ass...talk about poor balance....and Dubnyk was screened on the shot from Bieka and could not pick up the shot.....he still faced 14 more shots than Lou and made some great saves....Lou got beat like a rented mule on the first goal he let in...sat back and was not aggresive.... There you go...arguments for both !!

#1806 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

and where is Columbus in all this? They need goaltending desperately...maybe Luongo has said no to CBJ and maybe he will only go to Florida. Theodore and Clemensen have already proven they cannot do the job, so if Tallon wanted luongo it would have been done by now.

Not necessarily.

Neither team is under too much pressure at this point of the season. (even though the Panthers are struggling and it's a short season)

The Canucks have an idea of what they want for Luongo, while Florida has an idea what they'll give up for him. So far those two things are not the same.

At some point in the season, it's entirely possible that one side or another bows to pressure (from fans, ownership, media etc.) and makes a concession to the other side.

That's when a deal can get done.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1807 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

BTW, Tanev also has more goals than a certain captain of a certain team, who's name is escaping me at the moment, believe he wears #33, though.

That's it King, ignore the humour and deflect the issue.
Every chance to slag the Canucks, you take.

Smashian and I were having a pretty good time discussing the Luongo trade and he liked Kessel and I do not.
The Canucks were having a good time celebrating a fine young defenceman's first goal and this Team 1040 listener wrote in with a funny thought.

You come on here with your egotistical, patronizing, and irrelevant comment that has nothing to do with this thread:
"[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread". - Hank has not scored a goal yet. ??

Care to let me know why you were recently given a "time-out" from CDC?
How about the terms of your trial return?
I do not understand the board rules that well and do not want to be given a "time-out" otherwise I would tell you how I really feel about you.

To stay on topic, IMO Kessel and change is nowhere near enough for Luongo in a trade.
The only value I could think of for taking Kessel would be to trade him to a team that thinks he is worth something.
Like whatever team you really cheer for, if you do cheer for anything besides the Canuck to fail.

GMMG is on record as saying the team needs to get bigger and stronger and Kessel is neither of those things.
And GMMG is much smarter than you are no matter what you think of yourself and your inane predictions (e.g. Calgary will win the division, Canucks will miss the playoffs).

I apologize if this sounds as if I am mad at you.
The tone just reflects that I am very disappointed in myself for responding to you.

#1808 Yotes

Yotes

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

exactly best to just avoid and not commense in a battle back and forth cause it will never end

#1809 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

I apologize if this sounds as if I am mad at you.
The tone just reflects that I am very disappointed in myself for responding to you.

We've all felt that way at some point.

As far as Kessel in a Luongo deal, I like Kessel but am fully aware you have to take Kessel as he is - warts and all as they say. He's great offensively (even if he's not showing it now) and can help the right team, but you have to be prepared for hi to havee the most giveaways of anyone on your team.

Nonis recently sat down in an interview, and while careful not to rule anything out ever, did say they'd like to build around Kessel and Phanuef. It's unlikely they're dealt unless Kessel is asking for way too much or he continues his 'torrid pace' of goals through out the rest of the season (and next).

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1810 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Any chance at all Schneider gets moved instead? Doubt it would happen but still, I could see the oilers making a push for Schneider.

#1811 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,581 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Any chance at all Schneider gets moved instead? Doubt it would happen but still, I could see the oilers making a push for Schneider.

The chance Schneider gets moved is the same as it's always been - small but not completely improbable. Gillis isn't stupid, if someone offers him an amazing deal, he's going to consider it.

You'd have to be sure Luongo is actually ok with staying before going that route though, and Gillis won't approach Luongo about that unless the unlikely scenario above happens. Someone might get desperate enough, but as Gillis has stated, he has discussions about and offers for Luongo currently ongoing but none for Schneider right now.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1812 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Posted Image

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#1813 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#1814 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Smashian and I were having a pretty good time discussing the Luongo trade and he liked Kessel and I do not.
The Canucks were having a good time celebrating a fine young defenceman's first goal and this Team 1040 listener wrote in with a funny thought.

So you're saying that you can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Welcome to reality, where Henrik Sedin has 0 goals. Deal with it.

To stay on topic, IMO Kessel and change is nowhere near enough for Luongo in a trade.
The only value I could think of for taking Kessel would be to trade him to a team that thinks he is worth something.

"Kessel and change" - Toronto wouldn't even consider for a second giving us Phil Kessel for Roberto Luongo, so you can just drop the "and change" part.

And I maintain the position that if Phil Kessel were instead on a team like the Carolina Hurricanes, he would be very highly thought-of. Here's a question; do you like Jordan Schroeder? I'd say that they're somewhat comparable players. Small, quick, smart, shifty, good hands, etc. If you think Kessel's worthless, what do you think of Schroeder?

#1815 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hockeyyinsiderr has weighed in....

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr
Names mentioned by #Canucks as possible return for Luongo: pick+Neuvirth+ 1 of following: Brouwer/Kuznetsov/Green/Alzner/Forsberg

Make that 2-3 of the following and I'll take the trade (have enough d-men, so bring in some talented forwards)...

Luongo, Raymond, Malhotra, Rai and a conditional pick for Neuvirth, rights to Kuznetsov, Brower, Laich and Forsberg

This just proves he is absolute crap.

For anyone to think that we could get Alzner/Green plus a 1st needs to learn some objectivity.

Another example of why to not put stock into his tweets, and thats "#CONFIRMED"

This is the only time I'll ever agree with King.
Cory Schneider would have to be an absolute moron to say that publically or even to MG.

Maybe it was something that Cory had talked to Mike about in the Summer, but there's is no way what the agent said didn't reflect what Cory was thinking.

Did Schneider say he was getting impatient? No. Diid his agent say he was getting impatient? Yes. There's a big difference in that King, something you should know.

agent (ˈeɪdʒənt) Posted Imagen 1. a person who acts on behalf of another person, group, business,government, etc; representative

Obviously Cory would like more time, every player would. Although he understands the situation, and doesn't want out or anything like that, he will get the net back soon (He better start our next game) and I'm confident he will make the most out of it.

Oh and he knew full well this was an absolute possibility. They sat down and talked it over, and if he didn't know there was a chance this could happen, then his agent is an idiot, and that would immediately dis-credit what said.

zackass.png

#1816 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

going off topic here but Henrik is a playmaker Kessel is a Sniper big difference just thought i would point that out

#1817 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,198 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

I swear to the hockey gods that I must be psychic because I seem to already know every poster's opinion on every subject before they even post it.

Oh, nope. It's just because seemingly every opinion has been repeated ad nauseum.

Never mind. Carry on.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#1818 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

uhmm, read between the lines, bro. Schneider is speaking about the 'us' being him and his teammates. Why would he have any animosity with his teammates? None of them do anything, except say 'how high?' when they're told to jump.

That has absolutely nothing to do with Schneider's understandable or inevitable (and to-be-expected) dissatisfaction with management and the blatant and embarrassing mishandling of this situation.

Maybe Schneider didn't endorse his agent's comments, but I don't see why anyone would question their truthfulness. Schneider is wasting his career at this point.

It hasn't even been 10 games yet.

I agree Schneider needs to be the starter, but it is not like we are at the trade deadline and mulling over if Schneider will be completely given the reigns or not, the season is still very young. With alot of time for him to steal the spot back, and to move Lu.

I do agree it is wasted time if it continues to take forever, I just think it is a bit early to label it like that.

Nobody said anything bad or had any "character" concerns towards Cody Hodgson until he was traded, so I would be careful about saying something like this.

He protected his image very well with those comments. But Once the curtain was lifted you could see he didn't have quite the character everyone assumed he did.

As long as we can be assured Kuznetsov will come over sometime soon, I would be all for it. Although I do like Orlov.

We've all felt that way at some point.

As far as Kessel in a Luongo deal, I like Kessel but am fully aware you have to take Kessel as he is - warts and all as they say. He's great offensively (even if he's not showing it now) and can help the right team, but you have to be prepared for hi to havee the most giveaways of anyone on your team.

Nonis recently sat down in an interview, and while careful not to rule anything out ever, did say they'd like to build around Kessel and Phanuef. It's unlikely they're dealt unless Kessel is asking for way too much or he continues his 'torrid pace' of goals through out the rest of the season (and next).

I feel the same way, Kessel is a good player. But not for us, I am not interested at all.

I do agree with the last part aswell, Nonis should hold onto them unless he gets an overpayment that makes sense.

To be fair Henrik is paid to make the plays, hes not supposed to be the trigger man like Kessel is, so its not really the same.

zackass.png

#1819 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

"Kessel and change" - Toronto wouldn't even consider for a second giving us Phil Kessel for Roberto Luongo, so you can just drop the "and change" part.

And I maintain the position that if Phil Kessel were instead on a team like the Carolina Hurricanes, he would be very highly thought-of. Here's a question; do you like Jordan Schroeder? I'd say that they're somewhat comparable players. Small, quick, smart, shifty, good hands, etc. If you think Kessel's worthless, what do you think of Schroeder?

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#1820 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

How much longer can the Capitals go on like this?
The amount of pressure Gillis put on Mcphee by going to that game this past weekend will be ridiculous especially if they continue to lose like this.
They're losing to a Toronto team that just played and lost the night before.
Good luck Caps.

#1821 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

If this secret team was Columbus, who would be the player and what would we get in the trade?

Umberger and Johansen?

#1822 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,070 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

If this secret team was Columbus, who would be the player and what would we get in the trade?

Umberger and Johansen?

You're joking right?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1823 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Umberger and Johansen?

i don't see luongo saying yes to Columbus

#1824 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

You're joking right?

thats old beef :)

#1825 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Lou played well..let me say that upfront. But lets get real...Lou didn;t have to move to stop penalty shot...pretty muchg hit him in the pad....shooter didn;t even go for a corner...high stick side was a gimmy.....The 3 on one he challenged...and fell on his ass...talk about poor balance....and Dubnyk was screened on the shot from Bieka and could not pick up the shot.....he still faced 14 more shots than Lou and made some great saves....Lou got beat like a rented mule on the first goal he let in...sat back and was not aggresive.... There you go...arguments for both !!

I maintain that the 3-on-1 was the best save in the game and that a 6'6" goalie ought to be able to see around Taylor Hall's rather sleight stature. Ask yourself how hard Luongo would get ripped on here had he been the one allowing that behind the goalline Hansen goal that Dubnyk allowed in and then go re-visit the Nashville-Vancouver 2011 playoff threads. One goalie got the win, the other got the loss. That also has to factor into the ranking.

At any rate, the media in Edmonton agreed with the three stars so your rankings are not any less homeristic than Edmonton's.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1826 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

You're joking right?

Ok fine its improbable, what about Brassard and Johansen?

#1827 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

2010-2011 CAPITALS 48 27 12 - 4 4 110 1,283 .914 2.45 2,689 2011-2012 CAPITALS 38 13 13 - 5 3 95 976 .903 2.82 2,020 2012-2013 CAPITALS 5 1 3 - 1 0 15 148 .899 2.97 303 NHL TOTALS 113 52 33 0 10 7 271 2,973 .909 2.66
Neuvirth's STATS
3 goals on 14 shots so far tonight.
Not exactly making any progress at the age of 24
What is McPhee really waiting for

Luongo, Raymond Cannauton

for

Brouwer
Fehr/propect
1st 2013

is not exactly going to hurt his roster

#1828 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

2010-2011 CAPITALS 48 27 12 - 4 4 110 1,283 .914 2.45 2,689 2011-2012 CAPITALS 38 13 13 - 5 3 95 976 .903 2.82 2,020 2012-2013 CAPITALS 5 1 3 - 1 0 15 148 .899 2.97 303 NHL TOTALS 113 52 33 0 10 7 271 2,973 .909 2.66
Neuvirth's STATS
3 goals on 14 shots so far tonight.
Not exactly making any progress at the age of 24
What is McPhee really waiting for

for

Brouwer
Fehr/propect
1st 2013

is not exactly going to hurt his roster

That trade is bad.

zackass.png

#1829 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

I maintain that the 3-on-1 was the best save in the game and that a 6'6" goalie ought to be able to see around Taylor Hall's rather sleight stature. Ask yourself how hard Luongo would get ripped on here had he been the one allowing that behind the goalline Hansen goal that Dubnyk allowed in and then go re-visit the Nashville-Vancouver 2011 playoff threads. One goalie got the win, the other got the loss. That also has to factor into the ranking.

At any rate, the media in Edmonton agreed with the three stars so your rankings are not any less homeristic than Edmonton's.

..how come you didn;t respond to Hemskes goal. Lou stood there...was hardly focused !

#1830 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,183 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

*sigh*

Sometimes I wonder if this is the Mason Raymond Trade thread instead of the Roberto Luongo trade thread...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.