The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

not sure what was with all the kadri hate to begin with anyway. He would have immediately been our top prospect, ahead of schroeder.

for me, I would have asked for kadri, frattin and something else, i wouldnt have had interest in bozak, if we want a good 3rd line center, just sign b-Mo. You dont think we would play all out for a chance to win a cup here, he would be a great/cheap signing to fill that gap.

Not sure why he hasnt been considered, can still play schroeder till booth and kesler are back.

Not sold on raymond, yes hes scored a few but he is still a perimeter player, how many years are we gonna watch him fall down, cycle with the puck past the net all the way up to the blueline.

A deal probably should have been made priot to the start of the season, but guess MG is really holding out for a solid return, I sure hope the wait and distraction is worth it in the end... or MG and AV could be treading on thin ice, even with their new contracts, not sure how aquillini feels about all the goalie drama, never seem to hear anything out of him

To build on this - who's fault is that? One person's - Mike Gillis.

Lu could've been dealt at the draft and this fanbase (predominantly) would've been perfectly happy with going forward with CS. Kinda like what Ray Shero did with Jordan Staal.

Mike Gillis has created a mountain out of what could've been a molehill, had he just dealt with the obvious situation of these two goaltenders at some point. Seriously, nobody to blame but himself for this.

doesn't matter essentially we ran with 2 number 1 goalies last year that's what im getting at and that's why its not a problem this year to do it again we know both aren't going to be together here next year its that simple it will get deal with in the off-season then the media will report day after day about which goalie is doing better creating another bs story

doesn't matter essentially we ran with 2 number 1 goalies last year that's what im getting at and that's why its not a problem this year to do it again we know both aren't going to be together here next year its that simple it will get deal with in the off-season then the media will report day after day about which goalie is doing better creating another bs story

I'm blaming him for not dealing with the obvious logjam that we had/have at that position, which has now turned into a circus and we now have two frustrated and annoyed goaltenders.

Do you think this is everything that Schneider had envisioned, when he signed his 3-year extension in June? Think this is how he wanted to start out? As if it's not hard enough to replace the best goalie the franchise has ever had, they're not even trading him yet! :lol:

And how is holding off going to "help us more in the long run"? Huh? "It's not hard to see"? Wha? You're actually banking on the fact that a guy like George McPhee will wake up abruptly in July, and say "I've got it! Let's trade for Roberto Luongo! And let's offer Gillis a better package than he's ever seen!!"

Is that really how you see this playing out?

most teams know MG put himself in a hole when he gave schneider 4m/year. They know MG has to trade Luo as he wants out and wont get full return, especially with the cap getting lowered, and cap penalty on long term contracts.

Its not looking good, hate having this distraction, we could really use some offensive scoring upfront, even when booth and kesler are healthy. Id like to see some cap get freed up with ballard getting moved, yes hes played decent but he gets paid far to much to be a solid #5 d man.

Raymond is another player id move, and we need to make a decision on whats gonna happen with our bottom six. This short season is going to be interesting to see what MG does with the team. Alot of this team has been intact for a long time, and they have shown they just cant get it done, so some changes need to be made

Cory is our guy moving forward after this year, but right now it is very much a tandem until Roberto is moved.

Then in the summer when Roberto has to go, we can take the package that is there with whatever futures are available.

If we hold on to Luo till summer the return is gonna be less, as we will then have to trade him due to cap issues, or risk loosing some core bottom 6 players, or loose out on signing a possible FA or trade deadline acquisition.

So yes, I feel we need to move luo before the season is over

Yeah, NYI, Devils, maybe Red Wings are possibilities for a pre-planned summer trade. Knowing Gillis he's probably got a couple of potential deals frameworked already, but things would be left open in case a team panics and offers a better deal during this season. As has been said endlessly, Panthers, Leafs, Capitals are the most likely suitors if that does happen.

I don't know, I'm surprised by how many people participating in this thread are so quick to shut down certain trade partner ideas. We're talking Gillis here. How often are his trades predictable?

edit - I would also add Philly to the list of teams that might already be talking about an off-season deal, depending on what happens with Bryz over the course of the season.

Yes Lou deserves the start!

Food for thought; maybe Lou is being showcased for a trade???

:huh:

Note; any who believe Hodgson was also being showcased are brainwashed. Hodgson was given some offensive zone starts when Kesler and the Twins were struggling. And funny thing; Hodgson led the team in scoring the month he was "showcased." And FTR; we also had a near perfect record and climbed to the top of the NHL. It looked like a good coaching move; and blowing smoke in the media after the fallout nothing more than damage control. Dust in the wind now... Hodgson and Kassian are playng pretty good for their teams, Win / Win?

Couple of thoughts...

Lou deserves the start tonight....

Cody was showcased before he was traded, making sure he looked as good as possible.

I think the team will rally in front of Lou, which is win/win for the Canucks

MG said exactly what I implied a few pages ago, trades happen when they suit our goal & only then

Most on these pages couldn't manage a Peewee team, yet know exactly how to deal with the Canucks

&

KofBS

How’s your Flames prediction working out, you know where the Nucks were out of the playoffs and the Flames were vastly improved?

Archived