The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

To me if I were MG I would put together two or three deals and forward to

the caps

Panthers

TML's

Flyers and tell all teams I have sent out deals to more then 2 teams and this is my final deal for you and see who bites first!

That way you get what you want and play them back and forth for the next two days and tell them 1 day to think about it and get back to me.look over what deal is best then trade Luo.This way the other GM's will be calling each other and will know whom the teams are and one should bite by then and a deal is done.if none bite then keep Luo till trade deadline and put deals together for teams looking and get what he wants.I can't see us keeping two number ones till then and thats why I think MG has to do something sooner then later and get it done!Or Luo wnts to goto the panthers give them 24 hours then ask the others and tell luo a deal cant be done with them so move on.

Johansson is not imo a good player to fill the role of 3rd line C. He's under sized, and bad on faceoffs with a carreer avg of 42%. He is -7 in 7 games this year, with zero points, and zero hits.

He does have some offensive upside, but the other downfalls of his game at the moment out weigh what he could potentially provide on the score sheet.

Brouwer is a perfect fit. He's 27 years old 6'2" - 214lbs. Hes a -2, but has 3 goals, 4 points, and 21 hits in 7 games this season. He's also 50% on the draw after 48 attempts and is averaging 19 mins of ice thus far. Plus he's a local kid, and would likley be jacked to play here.

Potentially having him on either the 2nd or 3rd line would give us added depth, and make the Canucks that much harder to play against.

Brouwer, Forsberg, Neuvirth/Holtby would be SOLID return.

Johansson is not imo a good player to fill the role of 3rd line C. He's under sized, and bad on faceoffs with a carreer avg of 42%. He is -7 in 7 games this year, with zero points, and zero hits.

He does have some offensive upside, but the other downfalls of his game at the moment out weigh what he could potentially provide on the score sheet.

Brouwer is a perfect fit. He's 27 years old 6'2" - 214lbs. Hes a -2, but has 3 goals, 4 points, and 21 hits in 7 games this season. He's also 50% on the draw after 48 attempts and is averaging 19 mins of ice thus far. Plus he's a local kid, and would likley be jacked to play here.

Potentially having him on either the 2nd or 3rd line would give us added depth, and make the Canucks that much harder to play against.

If Washington (or any team for that matter) is in on one of our goalies I think the Canucks need to go big or go home. I don't want a 3rd line C. We have depth up the middle for when Henrik starts to decline. What would it take to pry ovi out of Washington. Schneider would be a huge chip. Booth may have some value if he comes back strong. Raymond and Hansen as well. I know that this isn't enough to land him but if you throw in enough of these pieces plus some of our better prospects plus however many firsts it would take to land him why not make a run?

If Washington (or any team for that matter) is in on one of our goalies I think the Canucks need to go big or go home. I don't want a 3rd line C. We have depth up the middle for when Henrik starts to decline. What would it take to pry ovi out of Washington. Schneider would be a huge chip. Booth may have some value if he comes back strong. Raymond and Hansen as well. I know that this isn't enough to land him but if you throw in enough of these pieces plus some of our better prospects plus however many firsts it would take to land him why not make a run?

Forsberg is years away from making the NHL. And he's a winger

We need Johanssen now, he isn't huge but he isn't tiny either.

I am not sure how Forsberg makes us better than Johanssen, he'd be a better 3rd C than Schroeder thats for sure.

I agree. No more secondary players, trade a bigger package for elite.

Backstrom would be the best target. Better all round player and cap friendlier.

There no way The Caps are trading Brouwer. They just traded for him, signed him and is playing on their top line.

Archived