The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Why is Van looking to trade Lou? For the same reason I support Gillis's move to trade Lou the same applies to Brzy. Lou would be an upgrade since his 'playoff' troubles have been less than those of Brzy. Three strong games by Lou doesn't change the fact that CS is fundamently a better tender, cost less and has a shorter contract. I don't write Philly off.

Luongo Ballard 1st for Green Brouwer Forsberg.

Salary going that way about 9.5 mil and coming back this way about 9.7 mil

or Lu Ballard 1st and Raymond for Green Brouwer Forsberg and a goalie

or Lu Ballard Shredder for Green Brouwer and Wilson

I like Green cause he would help our PP and hes had a 56 73 and 76 pt seasons before comparable to our 3rd best offensive player Kes with 59 73 and 75 pt seasons. Also he is a right hand shot. It would be like having an Ehrhoff on roids.

Knock on him is his health and has a limited ntc.

Sedins Kass

booth Kes Burr

brouwer Lappy Hansen

Higgy Manny VolP

Hammer Juice shutdown

Eddie Green firepower

Garrison Tanev balanced

Cory

backup

what do guys think?

Luongo Ballard 1st for Green Brouwer Forsberg.

Salary going that way about 9.5 mil and coming back this way about 9.7 mil

or Lu Ballard 1st and Raymond for Green Brouwer Forsberg and a goalie

or Lu Ballard Shredder for Green Brouwer and Wilson

I like Green cause he would help our PP and hes had a 56 73 and 76 pt seasons before comparable to our 3rd best offensive player Kes with 59 73 and 75 pt seasons. Also he is a right hand shot. It would be like having an Ehrhoff on roids.

Knock on him is his health and has a limited ntc.

Sedins Kass

booth Kes Burr

brouwer Lappy Hansen

Higgy Manny VolP

Hammer Juice shutdown

Eddie Green firepower

Garrison Tanev balanced

Cory

backup

what do guys think?

You may just get what you want. I would much rather see Orlov in a deal than Gardiner tbh - the similar skill set with the extra 25lbs on his frame and imo better two way potential makes him look like a pretty reasonable target.

Orlov and Forsberg - get er done MG - and throw in one of them RFA goalies Washington (and a 1st lol).

But we all know how sweet MG is on John Carlson. :)

Anyway, no need to respond with "we won't be getting so and so"... ok?

Simply expressing that I concur with Orlov being a primary piece in a deal - and with MG watching the Caps surrender 6, no doubt it's gonna heat up the speculation...

While we'd all be happy with Johansson and Brouwer I don't see GM giving both of those players up. It would take too much away from the Caps.

Ward is the likely player to come back in a Johansson package and Perrault in a Brouwer package. Not both together.

I don't think we can expect Orlov and Forsberg. We can still get some other valuable thing(s), but asking for that is a bit much, it would be like them asking Kassian and Jensen. We can get one (Orlov is probably more likely avaliable) Then a 1st which is valuable as it is a deep draft. Then something else possibly aswell. Back on the main subject though, Orlov would be a great addition for us.

Archived