The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Those types of teams are usually rebuilding teams. Non-playoff and rebuilding teams usually unload their veterans and are looking for young talent to complement their cores.

Teams that are on the bubble by the trade deadline can become wishful and desperate enough to seek instant help and at a hefty price to themselves. Sometimes it works, other times not so much.

For Luongo, it's, Florida or nothing else.

For Schneider, as of today, it's Washington, Philadelphia, Florida, Winnipeg, NYI, Toronto, Calgary, Columbus, Colorado, Los Angeles, Dallas, Detroit, Nashville.

Or B Burke and (was it) MacTavish? No, it was Kevin Lowe...

I'd rather see Old News and King of ES personally... Cant wait to see the advanced stats and perception of diminished value (or is that capacity) before that one? :rolleyes:

My money's on King; if only cuz his name is better suited to fight nights!

Wonder if Gollumpus would be a sleeper with a big whump???

Back on topic; Does Eric Fehr, former 1st rounder, 212lb good ol Canadian kid from Winkler have any secondary interest for us in a transaction?

If we don't get value for Luongo and these clowns for gms don't want to pay up, then maybe we have to trade Schneider.

It blows my mind how all these teams say he's too much money and aren't interested or are interested and give us a bag pucks.

It's comical. He's a top 5 goalie in the league and looks as good as he's ever has.

You are bottomfeeding again.

I'm not going to presume to know where Luongo would refuse to go - if he's willing to go to Toronto, in my opinion Columbus probably has a better future and certainly better youth in their organization.

I'd be interested in Dubinsky (and I think Gillis has liked his game for some time if I'm not mistaken) or Anisimov...I think either would make the Canucks nice and deep up the middle - I'd also like to see either Nikitin or Savard in a deal.

While that would be nice, with the way Lu is playing there is no way they will be a bottom feeder. The Canucks would not be in a playoff spot right now if it wasn't for Lu.

Jeff Angus, a Canucks blogger, tweeted today:

"@anguscertified: not one for rumor mongering, and I have no clue as to specific players, but deal w/ TO seems to be getting closer"

Lu and Alberts(depth)

For

Gardiner and Bozak

They wouldnt be bottom feeders but most likely wont make playoffs. Lu is playing well but its not like Cory is playing bad. after that first game his save % is .932 (which includes the game in which the Canucks didnt show up against the redhot sharks). Even GMMG said that the canucks were giving up "layups" to the sharks. There was also that double deflection goal off of Burr and Marleau (sp?). That game against the AVs was a gimme shutout for either one of our goalies (there is a reason why Lu was put in for that game and you should realize that it was not cause Cory couldnt get us the win). If you are being real than you would know that we would be where we are, with either goalie and thats just the logical truth.

Archived