3019 replies to this topic

#2821 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

He will not stay there permanently, he or Kassian can switch up and down the lineup.

But thats Stanley Cup winning depth right there, you can never have enough talent on your team.

We have Stanley cup depth on the wings already.

the difference between Stewart and Higgins isn't worth Luongo.

zackass.png

#2822 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

Rattie is a bluechip prospect...

It's basically Stewart and Rattie for Luongo, Higgins is a UFA by the end of the season.

#2823 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Rattie is a bluechip prospect...

It's basically Stewart and Rattie for Luongo, Higgins is a UFA by the end of the season.

I guess we have a different opinion of what a bluechip prospect is. Rattie is about the same as Jensen. Although I would rather Jensen since he is bigger and his game fits the NHL better IMO.

I would rather Jaskin than Rattie myself.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 15 February 2013 - 07:59 PM.

zackass.png

#2824 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I guess we have a different opinion of what a bluechip prospect is. Rattie is about the same as Jensen. Although I would rather Jensen since he is bigger and his game fits the NHL better IMO.

I would rather Jaskin than Rattie myself.

I like Schwartz or Jaskin too, but STL will not give them up that easily, thats why i think Rattie would be easier to get.

#2825 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

I like Schwartz or Jaskin too, but STL will not give them up that easily, thats why i think Rattie would be easier to get.

I don't know about that, I would say they are close (Jaskin and Rattie) it is just a matter of preference. In your deal it would have to be Jaskin and then some.

Oh and Schwartz value is at an all time low, he could be in the deal but I would rather Jaskin than him honestly.

zackass.png

#2826 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

I would also be interested in Berglund. I would also be interested in Sobotka.

Sobotka still playing? I thought he turned up dead in the water in Baltimore...

/thewirereference

#2827 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

/thewirereference

Is this in someway related to How I met your Mother? :wacko:

zackass.png

#2828 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,251 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

I don't know about that, I would say they are close (Jaskin and Rattie) it is just a matter of preference. In your deal it would have to be Jaskin and then some.

Oh and Schwartz value is at an all time low, he could be in the deal but I would rather Jaskin than him honestly.

Yeah i guess, i just like Rattie's speed and his clutchness.

But Jaskin - Gaunce - Jensen does have a nice ring to it :P

#2829 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Yeah i guess, i just like Rattie's speed and his clutchness.

But Jaskin - Gaunce - Jensen does have a nice ring to it :P

Rattie has 5 more points in 5 more games. (Rattie 86 points in 48 games, Jaskin 81 in 43) So they have the same PPG.

But Jaskin has more goals and Rattie is playing with Petan who has 40 goals & 100 points already.

Jaskin is also 6'3 and north of 200, whereas Rattie is 6'0 and 176.

Plus Rattie plays a snipers game (sort of Raymond like) Where Jaskin is a beast and uses his size well. I think his game will translate better to the NHL.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 15 February 2013 - 08:49 PM.

zackass.png

#2830 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,692 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

The rumour was that he just simply didn't want to start that game. I can't remember where I heard/read it. Believe it or not, makes no difference to me.

If I hadn't heard about him being so anxious to get back and play before that, I'd consider it, but I'd have to hear where the rumour came from (i.e. not @HockeyyInsiderr) to think about lending it any weight otherwise.

Unless they think Halak isn't reliable enough anymore health-wise (since it certainly seems they don't trust Elliot much on his own anymore) I don't see them going after someone like Luongo. I could see them keeping Halak and going with Allen if they think he's ready.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2831 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

If I hadn't heard about him being so anxious to get back and play before that, I'd consider it, but I'd have to hear where the rumour came from (i.e. not @HockeyyInsiderr) to think about lending it any weight otherwise.

No, it was a sports media member I just can't remember where I heard it. It might have been Keith Jones or Milbury on an NBC telecast because I can't find it in print.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#2832 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

Is this in someway related to How I met your Mother? :wacko:

the wire. incredible show a few years back (besides season 4) look it up. I was glued to that show once i discovered about ~2 years ago it and grabbed the torrent pack during a few days off with flu.
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#2833 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,315 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

To St.Louis:

Luongo
Higgins
Connaughton

To Van:

Stewart
Rattie

--

Hitchcock would love Higgins' defensive play and a reliable forward. We get an inconsistent powerforward but with alot of upside and add more toughness to the lineup.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Weise - Lappiere - Stewart

Tell me why a 170 lb prospect and a 30 point out of form power forward are worth Luongo? Then why do we add Connauton or Higgins? Rattie is dynamic; I suppose we need a RW, but where do we play him next year, with Booth and Kesler?

Stewart scored a bunch in a run and gun offense a couple of years back in Colorado. Not enough push back since.

Nuthin here yet...

He will not stay there permanently, he or Kassian can switch up and down the lineup.

But thats Stanley Cup winning depth right there, you can never have enough talent on your team.

#2834 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Schneider

for

Oshie
2nd

#2835 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,460 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

If St Louis wants Schneider, imo they'd better be prepared to part with Pietrangelo or a couple players like Steen (who can move around forward positions) and Cole (a solid young two way blueliner who gives the Canucks more options in the summer) - anything short and I can't imagine Gilis giving them one of our goaltenders - in other words, I don't see a deal with St Louis being in the cards.

#2836 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Schneider to ST Louis makes a lot of sense,

St Louis has a lot of niece pieces that would serve as big upgrades. I am not sure that they have had it with their goaltending tho- I think they feel it deserves more of a chance.

I like Pietrangelo but he is their franchise player and I doubt they move him.

Backes has had some trouble with that team and management a little and Gillis offersheet him all those years ago so we know that Gillis likes him. Backes is 28 now and I am a bit surprised he is not more of a dominating force in the NHL- I thought he'd be better.

That being said, teams do not move their captain and best forward just because a team is struggling.

1st choice
-package for Pietrangelo

Schneider
2014 first
Booth
Cannauton

for

Pietrangelo

other pieces worth discussing

backes
oshie
steen
Rattie

#2837 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

after checking out the league standings and seeing how little the canucks are scoring compared to teams like the St. Louis blues, chicago blackhawks, etc...it makes me really wondering why Gillis thinks we would benefit so much from having one goaltender making 4-5 mill on the bench each night.

Our scoring is dependent on the sedins and Kassian who is really still learning the league. We do not utilize Garrison at all...
so offensively how much more does this team want to undermine itself.

Yes we can wait for Kesler to return to form, booth as well, but the fact is we lack scoring depth and we have a grade A asset on the bench each night.

Do we really want to waste this year of the "sedin window?"

There are alot of offensive players out there and crap teams and instead of trying to fill multiple roles with mediocre players via trade:
ex: Luongo for a back up goalie, a pick and a top 9 player, (brouwer, first, Neuvirth-which I had considered until I realized we dont score)

I think we need to get a grade A asset for a grade A asset

schneider, first, Cannauton, Booth, for Backes 3rd.

schneider, Cannauton for Steen, Rattie, first

Edited by canuckfan85, 16 February 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#2838 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

I have been a big steen fan for a long time. He has been a canuck killer of sorts but he plays a great 2 way game and reminds me of a prime Sammi Pahlsson with more offensive touch.

The perfect center for a SC run

#2839 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,061 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

after checking out the league standings and seeing how little the canucks are scoring compared to teams like the St. Louis blues, chicago blackhawks, etc...it makes me really wondering why Gillis thinks we would benefit so much from having one goaltender making 4-5 mill on the bench each night.

Our scoring is dependent on the sedins and Kassian who is really still learning the league. We do not utilize Garrison at all...
so offensively how much more does this team want to undermine itself.

Yes we can wait for Kesler to return to form, booth as well, but the fact is we lack scoring depth and we have a grade A asset on the bench each night.

Do we really want to waste this year of the "sedin window?"

There are alot of offensive players out there and crap teams and instead of trying to fill multiple roles with mediocre players via trade:
ex: Luongo for a back up goalie, a pick and a top 9 player, (brouwer, first, Neuvirth-which I had considered until I realized we dont score)

I think we need to get a grade A asset for a grade A asset

schneider, first, Cannauton, Booth, for Backes 3rd.

schneider, Cannauton for Steen, Rattie, first

I see you have turned a "Luongo trade thread" into one where you appear to assume it is a given that Cory is to be traded. Maybe you should start a thread on that?!!

#2840 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,692 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

No, it was a sports media member I just can't remember where I heard it. It might have been Keith Jones or Milbury on an NBC telecast because I can't find it in print.

Hmmm, not sure I rank either of Jones' or Milbury's opinions or speculations all that high. Slightly above @HI and maybe a little below Eklund.

#2841 hockeyking

hockeyking

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

Schneider to ST Louis makes a lot of sense,

St Louis has a lot of niece pieces that would serve as big upgrades. I am not sure that they have had it with their goaltending tho- I think they feel it deserves more of a chance.

I like Pietrangelo but he is their franchise player and I doubt they move him.

Backes has had some trouble with that team and management a little and Gillis offersheet him all those years ago so we know that Gillis likes him. Backes is 28 now and I am a bit surprised he is not more of a dominating force in the NHL- I thought he'd be better.

That being said, teams do not move their captain and best forward just because a team is struggling.

1st choice
-package for Pietrangelo

Schneider
2014 first
Booth
Cannauton

for

Pietrangelo

other pieces worth discussing

backes
oshie
steen
Rattie

makes sense for us but not them they already have a starting goalie

#2842 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,692 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

I see you have turned a "Luongo trade thread" into one where you appear to assume it is a given that Cory is to be traded. Maybe you should start a thread on that?!!

Don't we have enough goalie threads already? Don't encourage them.

Besides a St Louis deal isn't all that likely unless they feel they really can't trust Halak to be healthy and feel Allen isn't going to be ready.

#2843 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Raymond and Hansen are not Stanely Cup depth

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#2844 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Florida vs Tampa right now

Behind the benches, between the blue lines there appears to be about 20 fans...most expensive seats in the house are empty and their goalie is looking like a spaghetti strainer again (2 in the first ten mins).

If they can't understand the value of getting Lou back, I'm not sure whats going through their heads...

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 16 February 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#2845 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,051 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Raymond and Hansen are not Stanely Cup depth

The hell, you say!

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#2846 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Oh by the way....for anyone still suggesting Schnieder will be moved

let me remind you

LOU ASKED TO BE TRADED AND HAS PUBLICLY STATED ON CBC AFTER HOURS HE IS WILLING TO GO WHERE EVER IS BEST FOR THE TEAM

I KNOW YOU ARE IN DENIAL BUT BED HAS BEEN MADE, HE WANTS OUT, TEAMS DON'T LIKE KEEPING PLAYERS THAT WANT OUT

IF YOU NEED A PRECEDENT OF PLAYERS WHO HAVE STUCK AROUND LONGER AND BEEN 'TEAM PLAYERS' WHILE A GOOD DEAL IS MADE PLEASE SEE RICK NASH

End the stupidity please.

#2847 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

let me remind you

LOU ASKED TO BE TRADED AND HAS PUBLICLY STATED ON CBC AFTER HOURS HE IS WILLING TO GO WHERE EVER IS BEST FOR THE TEAM

I KNOW YOU ARE IN DENIAL BUT BED HAS BEEN MADE, HE WANTS OUT, TEAMS DON'T LIKE KEEPING PLAYERS THAT WANT OUT

IF YOU NEED A PRECEDENT OF PLAYERS WHO HAVE STUCK AROUND LONGER AND BEEN 'TEAM PLAYERS' WHILE A GOOD DEAL IS MADE PLEASE SEE RICK NASH

lol no he didn't and he even hinted at wanting to stay here and win a cup if the team is at the top of the league come March or April and has a good shot at it. end your stupidity please

#2848 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

lol no he didn't and he even hinted at wanting to stay here and win a cup if the team is at the top of the league come March or April and has a good shot at it. end your stupidity please

He said he would do whats best for the team and if that meant accepting a trade he would do it. Don't be delusional. He will be the one traded at some point. It could be tonight, it could be in the summer, but he will be the one who is gone

#2849 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

found a coupon for ya!

Posted Image

#2850 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

let me remind you

You're making it sound like the way it was with Pavel Bure back in the day. Bure wanted nothing to do with us anymore.
Luongo loves his teamates and loves the city. Luongo just wants to play and be a starter. If Luongo really wanted out of here, he would not play and sit out until he was traded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.