3019 replies to this topic

#2851 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

He said he would do whats best for the team and if that meant accepting a trade he would do it. Don't be delusional. He will be the one traded at some point. It could be tonight, it could be in the summer, but he will be the one who is gone

it's not going to happen this year, that's pretty clear at this point.

and right now what's best for the team is him staying here and playing cause he's cleary the better goalie right now, if he wanted to be traded as bad as people keep saying he would be gone by now.

Edited by Primus099, 16 February 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#2852 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

found a coupon for ya!

Posted Image

do you have a stash of those for yourself everytime Luongo starts instead of Schneider?

#2853 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,038 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

schneider, first, Cannauton, Booth

I see you're quite intent on throwing this package at the Blues for one of their best players - whom I like - but that's an extreme price to pay, and imo, pretty awful proposals for us. I also see that you keep spelling Connauton with an "a"... which makes me wonder how much you know about the starting goaltender, top 6 forward, and prospect you are throwing into this deal, let alone a first in a strong draft when the Canucks are looking to add depth to the prospect pool, not spend it on an overpayment.

Raymond and Hansen are not Stanely Cup depth

I'm with the minister on this one - that is just a lame statement. It's amusing how often people on these boards refer to players like Hansen (and Higgins) as expendable, when they are precisely the types of third liners that give the Canucks the two way depth advantage - a significant part of what makes them a contender.

#2854 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Raymond and Hansen are not Stanely Cup depth

I can understand Raymond bashing since I used to bash him before he turned it around.

But if you think Hansen isn't a playoff player then idk what to tell you, the playoffs are an area in which a guy like him steps up and takes a big role, and I thought he was great in our 2011 run.

zackass.png

#2855 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,779 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

http://forum.canucks...r-trade-thread/

If you really, honestly think that Cory will be traded and Roberto kept, then you're in the wrong thread.
Posted Image

#2856 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

The southeast division is amazing!!! Perhpas the worst collection of goaltending that has occured in the past decade
FLA vs TB another laugher as far as goaltending...Lindback and Theodore, both "number 1 goalies" are more than struggling, they are down right awful.

I like Luongo's battle level-lets not forget he has always been better than schneider at every age it is not really comparable.
I dont like seeing us struggling to score and having too many lefty Ds when we have schneider on the bench- he should have been traded a while ago.

schneider for Huberdeau
schneider, Raymond and 2014 first for Bjugstad, Mathias, 2013 1st.

Raymond would do well in the SE because no one plays D and the goaltenders suck

Schneider for John Carlsson

there are so many teams out there with poor goaltending...why is there no trade to be had??

#2857 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Pietrangelo isn't happening.

If we want Pietrangelo we are going to have to add Kesler or Edler to Schneider.

We are talking about probably the best young Dman under 25 in the entire league. That isn't going to happen.

He's about as unmovable for them as the Sedins are for us.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 16 February 2013 - 04:26 PM.

zackass.png

#2858 Italia2006

Italia2006

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Luongo is the goalie that will propably get traded.
The ONLY way I can see Schneider getting traded, is if we can get a player like, Perry or Getzlaf or Ryan or Backes. If it something that knocks Gillis off his feet.
These Schneider proposals you guys are putting together aren't even close and would never happen unless it's a blue chip player.

#2859 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

You're making it sound like the way it was with Pavel Bure back in the day. Bure wanted nothing to do with us anymore.
Luongo loves his teamates and loves the city. Luongo just wants to play and be a starter. If Luongo really wanted out of here, he would not play and sit out until he was traded.

Luongo still wants to get paid.

#2860 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

So two Schneider trade threads, both locked. When will people learn Schneids won't be traded???

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2861 tonimator#19

tonimator#19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Luongo, edler, raymond

for

Pietrangelo, Berglund, Elliot, 1st rounder

We have too many left handed dman and edler just looks lost on the right side.
Edler and Pietrangelo have similar size and skills with Edler having the better resume.
Pietrangelo is also an rfa this year so that lowers his value a little bit.

Berglund can play center and kesler can move to the right wing where he can use his shot more

Offseason we get rid of ballard and dont resign higgins to make room for resigning Piet and Berglund

dream trade but unlikely

Edited by tonimator#19, 16 February 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#2862 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Lou is two steps up on Bure, one on Hodgson in his approach to wanting out.

But he still wants out.

You're making it sound like the way it was with Pavel Bure back in the day. Bure wanted nothing to do with us anymore.
Luongo loves his teamates and loves the city. Luongo just wants to play and be a starter. If Luongo really wanted out of here, he would not play and sit out until he was traded.

Make that Lou and Berglund and I'd be interested? What do we need Steen for; cripes we're already rostering at least one left wing every game to line up right side. Steen is neither a centre, nor a "glue guy" like Burrows, nor offer size or speed (too many injuries have diminished his speed) to match up games. He's a great talent, but in a position where we are truly overstocked.

after checking out the league standings and seeing how little the canucks are scoring compared to teams like the St. Louis blues, chicago blackhawks, etc...it makes me really wondering why Gillis thinks we would benefit so much from having one goaltender making 4-5 mill on the bench each night.

schneider, Cannauton for Steen, Rattie, first

#2863 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Just because St.Louis' goalies are off to a bad start, they're trading for a goalie now? Some of you have pretty bad memories.
Posted Image
Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Boston Bruins Posted Image

#2864 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

yeah theres not a chance in hell we go thru this entire Luongo trade ordeal to have him stay here..its not gonna happen. I think both sides are on agreement that ship has sailed. Its a matter of when not if. There's pro's and cons to having him stay here the rest of the season. Yes he's a hell of an insurance policy and yes he's outplayed Cory this season but at the same time i do think this has an effect on Cory's mindstate. I don't think its a matter of the pressure of being the number 1 guy but while Luongo's here he's still left looking over his shoulder. He knows he has 1 bad game and he's back on the bench. It might be wishful thinking but maybe once Luo is gone we can finally have most of the fanbase get behind 1 guy as we wouldnt exactly have anyone else to turn to. As well Luongo's value is probably as high as its going to get right now...

#2865 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Just because St.Louis' goalies are off to a bad start, they're trading for a goalie now? Some of you have pretty bad memories.

Yeah I agree with you but I don't think the idea originated in this thread, I think it was suggested in an article somewhere else (Hockey News maybe? I forget now..)

#2866 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

I'm cool with keeping both goalies for this year unless a team overpays for one. If we're in need of a top six forward and a team is desperate for a D man maybe we can deal Ballard for one if he continues to play well.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#2867 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Gillis said on his interview with That's Hockey that he would consider keeping Luongo if Roberto approached him and asked to stay. I take from this 2 things. 1 Gillis acknowledges Luongo's skill and would keep him if Luongo actually wants to stay, and 2nd that Lu must have asked for a trade, because Luongo wouldn't have to tell the GM he changed his mind and wanted to stay with his NTC unless he had asked for a trade.

Not that it really matters, but since no one has come out and publicly said Luongo asked to be traded, the CDC trollers like to shove that down people's throats as a fact that Luongo didn't ask for a trade. Gillis has now unofficially confirmed that Luongo leaving was in fact Luongo's choice, not Gillis'.

That said it is unlikely that Luongo will remain a Canuck for very long. What may end up happening though is that Luongo is due the season following next to supply a list of 5 teams he is willing to go and that his NTC is not valid for those 5 teams. If Luongo is saying no to everyone but Florida and it is not allowing a trade to go through, having that mandatory list of 5 will obviously untie Gillis's hands in this matter. If indeed Luongo is saying no to the trade destinations, as has been reported, but never confirmed.

So a possible 2 more years with a Schlongo duo in the net is fine by me, and it looks like the goalies are willing to live with it. Schpiderman will still get his chance to be the number 1 on the Canucks, but it may not happen right away. And if Luongo is so set on not sharing his starting position he will have to open up to going to possible destinations that he would normally refuse.

The other problem with moving Luongo is the return of course. It may be hard to attract high end talent here knowing they may very well end up on the 4th line, even though they could be a first line player on other teams. We are seeing obvious strengths in the speed line, the Alex Sedin line is producing again, and seeing the opportunities generated by Kassian and Kesler, its hard to imagine these players won't be a permanent fixture. Higgins seemed to do well with that line, but of course I think Boothe will be better. It really only leaves us with the need for a need for special teams improvement (which could be done at the management level, not the player level), the 4th line and defense. Then if you consider Lappy and Higgy with Volpatti on the 4th, that is still not a major concern. By next year Lack should be ready to play in the NHL and that puts our needs down to a top defensemen.

And lets be honest, if you got a top defencemen, you don't trade him unless they ask for a trade. And they are only going to ask for a trade if they are on a crappy team. And Luongo doesn't want to play on a crappy team. So IMO this leaves prospects and picks. And there is not a smorgasbord of proven prospects in the mix that could be moved. It is possible that in the end, the best deal that we could hope for Luongo that is actually attainable is 14 picks over 2 years. It was rumoured that gillis asked Burke for this. I think it may have been 15 picks, can't remember.

In the end it is most likely that Luongo will be here for at least another couple seasons, and Schneider too.

#2868 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

^^

Gillis, AV and Luongo have all confirmed in the past that Luongo asked to be traded.

Edited by WHL rocks, 16 February 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#2869 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Gillis said on his interview with That's Hockey that he would consider keeping Luongo if Roberto approached him and asked to stay. I take from this 2 things. 1 Gillis acknowledges Luongo's skill and would keep him if Luongo actually wants to stay, and 2nd that Lu must have asked for a trade, because Luongo wouldn't have to tell the GM he changed his mind and wanted to stay with his NTC unless he had asked for a trade.

Not that it really matters, but since no one has come out and publicly said Luongo asked to be traded, the CDC trollers like to shove that down people's throats as a fact that Luongo didn't ask for a trade. Gillis has now unofficially confirmed that Luongo leaving was in fact Luongo's choice, not Gillis'.

If this is true I can't see Lu now saying he wants to stay. It would be incredibly selfish of him to have put the team, Cory, fans and management through the last 9 months of circus trade discussions/distractions and then simply change his mind.

If I'm MG, I have to realize that by keeping him, I am also tieing AV's hands in that if AV chooses to play Cory or Lack (or whoever the backup ends up being) in the belief they give the team a better chance to win, I could be back into the trade BS with Lu again.

Too much baggage...time to part ways.

#2870 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,184 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

There are 30 starting NHL goaltenders in the league.

Teams have only played approx 13 games this yr, 7 of those 30 starters have been injured already (or 1/4 of the leagues starters). Those are ridiculous numbers. Can anyone imagine what those numbers will look like in say .... 20 more games? I'm really glad Gillis has decided to keep both goalies. If you're a team going for the Cup this yr (NYR, Bos, Chi, etc etc) - you're grade A screwed if your goalie goes down. The chances of your goalie going down are incredibly high this season. Canucks are pretty much the only team who isn't screwed if a goalie gets injured this yr.

Edited by RunningWild, 17 February 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#2871 Hamhuis2

Hamhuis2

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Not happening, but might as well have some fun ;) .

Schneider+Bieksa for Pietrangelo

or

Luongo+Tanev for Pietrangelo

Never going to happen, the kid is an absolute star and should be a perennial Norris candidate for his entire career.
Chicago Blackhawks NHL 14 OCDC League 2013/2014

J. Schultz(81)-Toews(92)-Pacioretty(88)....Keith(90)-Phaneuf(87)................Crawford(86)
Burns(87)-Kadri(85)-Yakupov(83)..............Hjalmarson(85)-N. Schultz(84)....Khabby(76)
Clarkson(83)-Zibanejad(80)-Ennis(82).......Koska(78)-Murray(83)
Kobasew(78)-Hanszus(79)-Morin(76)

#2872 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

or

Never going to happen, the kid is an absolute star and should be a perennial Norris candidate for his entire career.

How about Schneider + Higgins for Johansson + 2nd + Alzner?
Posted Image

#2873 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

or

Luongo and Tanev for Pietrangelo? Done.

#2874 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

How about Schneider + Higgins for Johansson + 2nd + Alzner?

Probably fair value-wise or close too it,

But I doubt WSH wants to part with KA and I don't see a need for him either myself.

Plus Schneider is the one we should keep.

zackass.png

#2875 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

or

Hmmmmpphhh

Bieksa and Schneider for Pietrangelo? What are the odd's of us trading one of our left handed D instead of our only right? We have 4 that warrant top 4 minutes and only 1 right handed shot (with more than 10 points in the NHL). Scoring Pietrangelo, would be a coup, I suppose I would send Bieksa for Pietrangelo. But geez, why not balance the team versus leave ourselves needing another trade...

Guess it don't matter, they prob would not trade him anyway.

Probably fair value-wise or close too it,

But I doubt WSH wants to part with KA and I don't see a need for him either myself.

Plus Schneider is the one we should keep.

Forgot what I was going to say :blush:

edit: O yeah, Carlson, Orlov, Green all help us more than Alzner. Right handed shots; Karlson and Green who can skate the puck up ice.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 17 February 2013 - 10:28 AM.

#2876 Niklas Jensen

Niklas Jensen

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Schneider Schroeder for Gudbranson and huberdeau
Our D's must make opponent fowards going to the net PAY THE PRICE

#2877 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

I'm cool with keeping both goalies for this year unless a team overpays for one. If we're in need of a top six forward and a team is desperate for a D man maybe we can deal Ballard for one if he continues to play well.

Honestly around the deadline you really never know what will happen. What I'm hearing and what it seems everybody is hearing is that a deal won't happen till the summer at the earliest. Meaning if your Gillis the only way your getting Lu is if you overpay which obviously plays into the canucks favor

#2878 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,512 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

So two Schneider trade threads, both locked. When will people learn Schneids won't be traded???

Not that I think Schneider is likely to be dealt, but I could use a similar statement for you: When will people learn Gillis is willing to deal either goalie if the right offer is presented?

If this is true I can't see Lu now saying he wants to stay. It would be incredibly selfish of him to have put the team, Cory, fans and management through the last 9 months of circus trade discussions/distractions and then simply change his mind.

If I'm MG, I have to realize that by keeping him, I am also tieing AV's hands in that if AV chooses to play Cory or Lack (or whoever the backup ends up being) in the belief they give the team a better chance to win, I could be back into the trade BS with Lu again.

Too much baggage...time to part ways.

Again, I agree it's the most likely outcome in all this that Luongo is moved, but he has never said he doesn't like it here. All those statements are about is in the off chance someone offers a massive deal for Schneider, Gillis could consider it if he spoke to Luongo about staying as our starter instead of him being the one traded.

Honestly around the deadline you really never know what will happen. What I'm hearing and what it seems everybody is hearing is that a deal won't happen till the summer at the earliest. Meaning if your Gillis the only way your getting Lu is if you overpay which obviously plays into the canucks favor

I wouldn't say that means someone would have to pay over and above what Gillis has been asking to get Luongo now, or that the asking price will automatically go down in the summer just because we wanted to keep both for the run. There may be other factors that determine asking price, but if someone offers Gillis a deal he thinks improves our team (for either goalie) then I think he takes it regardless of if it's now or in the summer.

Edited by elvis15, 17 February 2013 - 11:02 AM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2879 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

There are 30 starting NHL goaltenders in the league.

Teams have only played approx 13 games this yr, 7 of those 30 starters have been injured already (or 1/4 of the leagues starters). Those are ridiculous numbers. Can anyone imagine what those numbers will look like in say .... 20 more games? I'm really glad Gillis has decided to keep both goalies. If you're a team going for the Cup this yr (NYR, Bos, Chi, etc etc) - you're grade A screwed if your goalie goes down. The chances of your goalie going down are incredibly high this season. Canucks are pretty much the only team who isn't screwed if a goalie gets injured this yr.

I agree its nice to half two good starters in a season like this one.

#2880 tonimator#19

tonimator#19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

The Canucks scored 8 goals in 7 games against the bruins.. are we still all forgetting that series?

Also we couldn't score at a high enough rate against the kings last year.

Our problem is scoring !!!!!

When we play another physical team like boston, or L.A the sedins will be shut down once again and then we'll have to count on our secondary scoring.

Gillis needs to get a top 9 forward in exchange for luongo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.