The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks 3 Flames 2

Strawberries

You go through all of that and dont mention Burrows or Raymond?

Bieksa was the main reason those goals were scored bad pinch and getting caught short handed. Of course there should have been too many men on the Flames on the 2nd.

Hamhuis had a fine game, and did will to cover for Bieksa on a couple of occasions.

Edler was aweful...I counted at least 3 passes straight up the middle of of his own end (2 of them getting picked off).

The Sedins timing is off right now, but thats to be expected, especially with a new line mate.

Schneider just has shootouts on lockdown. Even if Lu starts a game that goes to a shootout, Schneids should go in cold. I love Lu and want to see him in a Canucks jersey forever, but Schneids seriously has 1 on 0 locked. My coach would put me in cold when I played Midget AA if we had a shootout, even if our other G played the game. It was just obvious I was better 1 on 0. And we'd win. :lol:

What are you talking about? Bieksa was the main reason those goals were scored? On the so-called "pinch" he is with his check the entire way down the ice. The only issue is that we may have backed in too far and the backside pressure from our forwards is not there so Tanguay gets the opportunity to snipe. On the second goal it is Hamhuis and Ballard on the ice with Bieska still on the bench and Edler in the box for "concealing" the puck. Maybe take the Bieksa "hate-lasers" off and really watch a game.

Didnt feel like going through every player, but I thought Raymond had a good game and Burrows was decent too.

Sedins were better than some thing imo, they are still controlling the puck and passing it around, just not executing and maybe not as creative as we have come to expect.

Bieksa made some bad plays but he also made some good plays, though I agree he could have been better. The rest we agree on.

Dale Weise showed why he's a fourth liner. Twice in the third period, I believe these both occurred in the third, where he had an excellent opportunity and fired the puck wide both times. The second instance he was in the slot and completely missed the net. I like Dale, but if you're a fourth liner.... just try and hit the net - don't pick corners. If you could pick corners easily you wouldn't be on the fourth.

Henrik continues to be a flop in the shooting department. 0 shots. Lost that prop. He only poses half an offensive threat if you know he wont shoot.

We're the only club in the NHL that will refuse to use their very best players in the shootout. AV would send himself out there before he used the twins. And enough of this Edler in the shootout experiment. He got lucky a few times but now he's just a wasted opportunity.

And hooray for Kassian. He's finally coming around, maybe. Perhaps people will stop breaking his balls. Perhaps King of the BS will acknowledge Kassian's strong play. Oh, wait, he's suspended for trolling :lol:

:bigblush:

I'm going to stop posting here

Wait, it went Burrows, Edler, Daniel, Raymond, then Kassian? At least AV went with the better guy first over the lesser guy. Hooray for something. Maybe that's what I'm trying to say, I dunno. Go with your best guys first. Then again the twins can be quite pathetic at this gimmick, I suppose they're on par with half the team regarding this.

What are you talking about he started to move in on the pinch and got caught and was too slow to recover. Pretty typical Bieksa. On the second goal Bieksa was tried to break in short handed and again was caught up ice after nothing materialized. Just because he was on the bench when the goal was scored doesnt mean he wasnt the problem that caused it.

Maybe you need to take off the Bieksa man love mittens you are wearing to keep your hands warm for him, and see that Bieksa gets caught out of position on a regular basis, simply because he fancies himself (much like you fancy him) a offensive defenceman.

Oh get a room for yourself and lock it; come out when your excitement dies down! :wub:

Tanev played a great game, but needs to score, hit or rush the puck before he'll get into all star, never mind Norris, consideration.

But related.... I don't think Garrison looked good with Edler. I'm sure they'll get some games to figure it out, but Edler (who always looked a bit off doing so) has been the guy playing right side. It was DEFINITELY you also that assured me Garrison was a lock to play well on his off wing, so why is AV sendin g Edler that direction? Put Tanev up on the right side for some games with Edler. No he's not particularly offensive, but his steady play and passing will free Edler up to be. And Garrison can do the same for Ballard.

You know who else looked great tonight?

Ballard; his speed clearly broke plays!

Weise; lost in the victory was that he moved up from the 4th line and did not look out of place. Well, might have burried a chance, but heah, its 3rd line not top PP. I was surprised, and impressed, he could keep up with Schroeder and Raymond, also got some cracks with Hansen.

I'm clutching a bit with those two, but the exceeded expectations!

Raymond/Schroeder/Weise; There was serious speed on display there, and it made them dangerous!

My, oh, my; Kassian creates some match up problems. We all knew he had some soft hands, but what made his night was his work rate! He had the jam to get where he needed to skating hard all night, in the open ice... from corner to post, then back to the corner, in the cycle, back checking even. About the only time it looked like he ran out of steam is when he drifted in and took the G interference call. He's obviously waaay more explosive, and has some stamina now in his game! His goal was a perfect example, came around hard for the wrap around, then just kept digging, stood up and buried it!

Burrows! Yeah I know good but not prolific. But how much better did the 2knd line look, buzzing around defensively and creating pressure. The Canucks clearly won the puck control battle when they (add Higgin/Hansen in for credit) were on the ice; and they were on most of the time against Iggy and Camalerri. The result was we didn't see Manny (pardon the pun) D zone draws, nor much of our 4th line (Volpatti, Lappy and Malhotra) at all last night? A big upgrade on Ebbett, and if Kass can keep it up; why not keep it going till Kesler is back?

Eh; we'll see how some these teams stack up against larger teams (our 2knd and 3rd line was pretty small), but really we could have won that game by a lot more.

Waiting for some Sedin magic! :bigblush:

Tanev is looking like a young future Norris candidate! He and Ballard might be the top pairing at the moment. ::D

i hope the bottom six gets put back how it was, and burr takes the second line wing spot. imagine if he had the puck on his stick instead of weise on some of those chances. Weise played well but i think he should be the offensive cog on the fourth line. let him create things off his stick, he's not much of a finisher. I would be very confident with the whole line up if they try it that way. Also, is anyone else sort of curious to see what ballard & tanev could do on that second power play? they've been solid, why not give them a shot? tanev can move the puck and ballard can make things happen. it would be a good rushing power play if it were raymond-schroeder-burrows with those two on D.

Archived