The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks 3 Flames 2

Strawberries

Good win boys. Happy for Kassian to score, be a physical presence, and get the shootout/game winner.

I also liked the addition of Schroeder and the way Raymond played. I noticed him quite a bit tonight. and not in the same way as usual. He made good passes and scored, and had good back check, and when there were plays where the puck was lost he'd come in and retrieve it in the defensive end.

Schneider was great, not perfect, but great. I'm sure he could have had those two goals back.

There were some bad plays by the defence at times. Schroeder still needs to muscle up some more. But he still made plays while falling on the ice. I think he's a much better Centre that actually makes plays around his team mates compared to Kesler.

I was slightly disappointed in Lapierre's game tonight. Edler too. Guys are still getting back to game shape, looks like a bit of rust came off and is a good sign. Garisson seemed to have some trouble at times but overall the team played better for sure. Just couldn't put in more goals as they dominated the 1st.

The two goals Calgary scored were off the post and in --- one more inch the other way and Schneider would have had a shutout.

Great to see the young players doing well. Kassian is obvously a major talent --that combination of skill, size and toughness goes not come along often. Schroeder was pretty good, Tanev was good, and so was Raymond. Burrows is not exactly young but he had a solid game at centre. Weiss continues to look like a genuine scoring threat but he continues to have trouble with finish.

On the downside, some of the veterans were not great. Bieksa did not have a good game. Malhotra was good in the faceoff circle but really struggled otherwise. Garrison was not as good as I expected and Ballard continues to worry me. The Sedins are always good, but they were not as sharp as they sometimes are.

Kassian looked unreal

Shredder was ok for a first game

Garrison's worst game so far, not worried though

Weise needs to learn to shoot big time

Schnieder was solid, getting his mojo back

I'd like to see the bottom 2 lines reunited and burrows on shredders wing next game

Lu looked dope even though he didnt play

kassian is really proving alot of people on this site wrong , my god my expectations were even low for what im seeing in these last two games

first gives a concussion to ben eager

2 goals

1 amazing shootout winner

he hits, he fights , he can protect the puck very well

typicle overraction we managed 2 goals vs the flames who got lit up their first 2 games, couldnt score, it took an amazing shot from raymond to score and after zack missed on the empty net wrap around got lucky with his shot being blocked comming right back to him with the goalie down and out.... with the amount of chances shouldve been able to to score 5 or 6 tonight if it was typicle nucks pres trophy hockey then we had a bunch of bad penalties leading to another 2 goal blown lead only to win it in a shootout vs a team who is projected to be near the bottom of the league. schroeder with 0 shots sure looked like hodgson hahah good analysist of the game pal.

Oh yeah Noheart, who the heck are you clown? lol what are you going to do, your a joke. If you ask Schnieder, he would tell you those were fairly easy shootout stops because they are straight shots. Dekes are tough to save, because that is the only goal he allowed.

I think Kassian stole the show tonight, but there are a lot of lesser stories that are going to have a big impact later on. Schroeder really impressed me. Had a couple of great shifts, putting on a lot of pressure with his linemates. As good as Weise has been playing lately, I felt he was dragging that line down because Raymond and Schroeder were tearing around, using their speed to their advantage and Weise didn't seem to know what to do with himself. I feel like Raymond was a lot more comfortable on the ice, and his goal was a beauty. Definitely showed that he can still compete in the NHL.

Schroeder also impressed me by levelling some pretty heavy hits on guys bigger than him. He really showed he wants to be part of the big league, and I think he can fit in there.

Only caught the 3rd. Kassian looked good, nice to see him score another and that shootout goal was duuuuuuurty!

Stoked that Raymond got one. Weise looked prominent again, missed a grade A chance, but still, he's gonna be legit very soon. He's come a long way from the 4th line rookie of last year, though I thought he had mad potential then too.

Schnieds , yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boy.

Tanev, one of my favorite players has looked great so far. Still kinda soft on contact, gets pushed off easily, but that will get better in time. Guy is gonna be a lockdown defensive stud.

Archived