200 replies to this topic

#91 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Tanev looks great and he's only going to get better, lock him up long term because he's going to be that good.

#92 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

He is a starter. But the shootout defines a starter in your books? Apart from the deke, goalies are not going to get beat with straight shots like the Flames attempted. Routine saves for Schnieder really.

Yeayea. I'm just pissed off at all the people hating on the ginger...

#93 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I think Kassian stole the show tonight, but there are a lot of lesser stories that are going to have a big impact later on. Schroeder really impressed me. Had a couple of great shifts, putting on a lot of pressure with his linemates. As good as Weise has been playing lately, I felt he was dragging that line down because Raymond and Schroeder were tearing around, using their speed to their advantage and Weise didn't seem to know what to do with himself. I feel like Raymond was a lot more comfortable on the ice, and his goal was a beauty. Definitely showed that he can still compete in the NHL.

Schroeder also impressed me by levelling some pretty heavy hits on guys bigger than him. He really showed he wants to be part of the big league, and I think he can fit in there.

#94 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Good deke by Kassian.
Posted Image

#95 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Posted Image

#96 BigUncle16

BigUncle16

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Our new #1 goalie shines through.
Posted Image

#97 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Schneider was great, not perfect, but great. I'm sure he could have had those two goals back.

Every one of the 3 goals scored against Schneider including the shootout were post-and-in.
I don't think you can give the goalie much chance close in like that.

#98 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,205 posts

STRAIGHT KASS HOMIE

FWYIerW.png

#99 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Only caught the 3rd. Kassian looked good, nice to see him score another and that shootout goal was duuuuuuurty!

Stoked that Raymond got one. Weise looked prominent again, missed a grade A chance, but still, he's gonna be legit very soon. He's come a long way from the 4th line rookie of last year, though I thought he had mad potential then too.

Schnieds , yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa boy.

Tanev, one of my favorite players has looked great so far. Still kinda soft on contact, gets pushed off easily, but that will get better in time. Guy is gonna be a lockdown defensive stud.

#100 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yeayea. I'm just pissed off at all the people hating on the ginger...

Same way people get pissed people hating on Luongo. The fans are now just going to criticize him to a tee now like people do Luongo. Just how its always going to be here untill either one is our goalie.

I'm the biggest Lu fan here, always will be and don't want him gone. But don't mean i hate Schnieder at all, he's got great potential. But fans need realistic expectations for him being his 1st year. If he don't deliever, like fans think, he will get criticized and hated more than even Lu has and that's the truth of the vancouver fans.

Edited by cmpunk, 23 January 2013 - 11:37 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#101 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,205 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

FWYIerW.png

#102 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,048 posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlES5ogV_QY

Love the guy at 0:19.

He knows where that puck is going before anyone else. :lol:

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#103 canuck cole

canuck cole

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

I hope Kassian stays on the first line or at the very least second line for the rest of the season.

#104 YaK

YaK

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Posted Image

CANUCKS WIN! CANUCKS WIN! CANUCKS WIN!

The best part about the GIF is that they sit all the homely looking people in one section.
Posted Image
"It felt almost like it was a dream," Burrows said of his game-winner.
"But guys jumped on me and I couldn't breathe, so I knew it was right."

#105 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

going to be a lot of kassian jerseys soon

going to be a lot of kassian jerseys soon

Bought mine last year after the buffalo game.. Always had faith in this kid. He's gonna be a beast for us for years to come!

#106 doctorkush

doctorkush

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

kassian my ni**ga

Edited by doctorkush, 24 January 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#107 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Love the new lines! Just hope AV let's them gel for a while....HAPPY FOR KASSIAN!! Loved his addition to the team from day one.... Amazing what some first line minutes and confidence from the coaches can do to his game....

#108 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,823 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

great gm by kassian. this guy looks legit. might even get a jersey with him name on it

now if nux can learn to hold a lead in regulation...
Posted Image

#109 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

i swear to god before the SO started i textd my buddy saying kassian going to score a beauty and win the game but kassian wasn't even on the list but it happened as i said so and i jumped in the air hit my hand in the roof and made big hole. my rents were pissed but i dint care because wee got the winn :)

Posted Image

#110 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I think Kassian stole the show tonight, but there are a lot of lesser stories that are going to have a big impact later on. Schroeder really impressed me. Had a couple of great shifts, putting on a lot of pressure with his linemates. As good as Weise has been playing lately, I felt he was dragging that line down because Raymond and Schroeder were tearing around, using their speed to their advantage and Weise didn't seem to know what to do with himself. I feel like Raymond was a lot more comfortable on the ice, and his goal was a beauty. Definitely showed that he can still compete in the NHL.

Schroeder also impressed me by levelling some pretty heavy hits on guys bigger than him. He really showed he wants to be part of the big league, and I think he can fit in there.

Agreed with this. What Raymond and Schroeder need is Kesler. He adds size, he adds skill and he's someone who can keep up with them.

#111 Youth_Movement

Youth_Movement

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

for all the love kassian is getting, and its much deserved. I have to say i was impressed with Schroeder. He had a great game. Throwing hits, good passes and vision. Looked really solid on the powerplay dishing the puck everywhere. Really gave us some identity on the 2nd pp. Instead of us hoping the sedins would get back out there. I see nothing but good things coming for this kid!
CUP OR BUST!!!!!!

#112 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

KASSIAN!!!! Multiple warning signs that this kid is gna be a beast!!! Also good job in the shootout Schneider!!

LOL!!!

I said this on the GDT thread but what I loved about his game wasn't just the sick goals, it was the effort, the hitting, the emotion...kid keeps working hard (and that's all it will take for him) he can turn into one of the most feared power fwds in the game, if anyone think he lacks the talent after watching him this season, is on drugs.

Emotion after the fight, emotion after that first goal, a sick dangle on the shootout, lets not forget Kipper is still a damn fine goalie and he was completely out of the net, and then in the interview, not even a smile, just focusing on the 2 pts...

I think we see may be seeing who may be groomed to be the next captain after (Henrik --> Kesler ---> Kassian)

#113 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Kassian should help the Sedins with their game (see: shootouts!)

Nice job by Schneids. The team is starting to look better together.

The problem with the Sedins on the shootout is that there is nobody to pass to.

#114 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Agree 100%

Mayray's shot was an absolute snipe and the power he got on it tells us he's definitely healed (also noticing he's not falling down all the time anymore, I think Weise has taken that role! lol).

Weise deserved the shot after last game but agree

Shroeds looks like he can play and looked terrific on the pp. Calm, great passes, will help that second unit (something we lost when CoHo left).

I think he should be on the 2nd, move Burr back to the wing.

#115 Pablo

Pablo

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

I can't believe I had too miss this game.

#116 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Agreed with this. What Raymond and Schroeder need is Kesler. He adds size, he adds skill and he's someone who can keep up with them.

Heck of a wrister, too. Only question is who would play center. Either Kesler or Schroeder would have to move to the wing.

Speaking of wingers and centers, was anyone else surprised and impressed by Burrows playing center? I thought he made some really smart plays, had some great passes to set up his linemates, which usually isn't his role.

Edited by Raiun, 23 January 2013 - 11:51 PM.

#117 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Wow missed the game unfortunately, but just saw the highlights. Looked like Schneider had a bounce back game, loved how the crowd was supporting him there--and it'll only boost his confidence! When he's confident he's a top rung goalie.

Was also very impressed with Kassian obviously. Did he ever deliver in this game! If he can keep this sort of rowdiness and production, we've got a winner for sure.

:canucks:

#118 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,564 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

that was a much better game from the team tonight. kass had another great game. really the stand out player on the team early in the season. you can tell he wants that top spot on that line, and why not? he's bringing a new dimension to the top line and burrows is doing just fine with his "demotion" i guess you could say. raymond had a goodf game and i was somewhat impressed with schroeder. he was in battling in the corners, getting in there. he's still a real young guy, still lots to learn but i think he'll make the team in the future and schneids looked more calm. was a great game to see. would be nice if they fixed a couple holes in their game. didn't like how they gave up another 2 goal lead, but it's still early

Posted Image

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#119 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

I loved Kassian's game tonite, and he and every Canuck fan should enjoy that, his rep though is inconsistency. I want to see him string them together - everybody can go through spells when their energy is down, but he is going to have to show that when that happens it isn't for long, and that when it happens his defensive play does not suffer. But for raw skills in a big man, he looks good - and he worked hard on the backcheck, and toasted about four guys with really good hits. He deserved to be a star.

For those keeping track, Hodgson also has two goals - in two games.

#120 110 percent effort

110 percent effort

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Kass attack! Beast mode activated. Do not deactivate.
Schneids! Cool and calm. Great post game comments. His hard work in practice showed.
Following the lines of other posters, I agree that Schroeder looked quite composed aside from the early penalty.
He shows the intelligence and skillset to overcome his size and play with the big boys in the NHL. I already knew he had good vision and speed, but I was surprised that he doesn't shy away from hits. He knows how to take them too without getting injured (obviously imperative for a small player to survive).

I just want to see people give their best effort while not forgetting to enjoy life B)
Remember, it's all about the game here at VGHS :emot-parrot:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.