The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT Canucks 3 Flames 2

Strawberries

i swear to god before the SO started i textd my buddy saying kassian going to score a beauty and win the game but kassian wasn't even on the list but it happened as i said so and i jumped in the air hit my hand in the roof and made big hole. my rents were pissed but i dint care because wee got the winn :)

I think Kassian stole the show tonight, but there are a lot of lesser stories that are going to have a big impact later on. Schroeder really impressed me. Had a couple of great shifts, putting on a lot of pressure with his linemates. As good as Weise has been playing lately, I felt he was dragging that line down because Raymond and Schroeder were tearing around, using their speed to their advantage and Weise didn't seem to know what to do with himself. I feel like Raymond was a lot more comfortable on the ice, and his goal was a beauty. Definitely showed that he can still compete in the NHL.

Schroeder also impressed me by levelling some pretty heavy hits on guys bigger than him. He really showed he wants to be part of the big league, and I think he can fit in there.

for all the love kassian is getting, and its much deserved. I have to say i was impressed with Schroeder. He had a great game. Throwing hits, good passes and vision. Looked really solid on the powerplay dishing the puck everywhere. Really gave us some identity on the 2nd pp. Instead of us hoping the sedins would get back out there. I see nothing but good things coming for this kid!

I think Kassian stole the show tonight, but there are a lot of lesser stories that are going to have a big impact later on. Schroeder really impressed me. Had a couple of great shifts, putting on a lot of pressure with his linemates. As good as Weise has been playing lately, I felt he was dragging that line down because Raymond and Schroeder were tearing around, using their speed to their advantage and Weise didn't seem to know what to do with himself. I feel like Raymond was a lot more comfortable on the ice, and his goal was a beauty. Definitely showed that he can still compete in the NHL.

Schroeder also impressed me by levelling some pretty heavy hits on guys bigger than him. He really showed he wants to be part of the big league, and I think he can fit in there.

Wow missed the game unfortunately, but just saw the highlights. Looked like Schneider had a bounce back game, loved how the crowd was supporting him there--and it'll only boost his confidence! When he's confident he's a top rung goalie.

Was also very impressed with Kassian obviously. Did he ever deliver in this game! If he can keep this sort of rowdiness and production, we've got a winner for sure.

:canucks:

that was a much better game from the team tonight. kass had another great game. really the stand out player on the team early in the season. you can tell he wants that top spot on that line, and why not? he's bringing a new dimension to the top line and burrows is doing just fine with his "demotion" i guess you could say. raymond had a goodf game and i was somewhat impressed with schroeder. he was in battling in the corners, getting in there. he's still a real young guy, still lots to learn but i think he'll make the team in the future and schneids looked more calm. was a great game to see. would be nice if they fixed a couple holes in their game. didn't like how they gave up another 2 goal lead, but it's still early

I loved Kassian's game tonite, and he and every Canuck fan should enjoy that, his rep though is inconsistency. I want to see him string them together - everybody can go through spells when their energy is down, but he is going to have to show that when that happens it isn't for long, and that when it happens his defensive play does not suffer. But for raw skills in a big man, he looks good - and he worked hard on the backcheck, and toasted about four guys with really good hits. He deserved to be a star.

For those keeping track, Hodgson also has two goals - in two games.

Kass attack! Beast mode activated. Do not deactivate.

Schneids! Cool and calm. Great post game comments. His hard work in practice showed.

Following the lines of other posters, I agree that Schroeder looked quite composed aside from the early penalty.

He shows the intelligence and skillset to overcome his size and play with the big boys in the NHL. I already knew he had good vision and speed, but I was surprised that he doesn't shy away from hits. He knows how to take them too without getting injured (obviously imperative for a small player to survive).

Archived