The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My Apology to Zack Kassian.

MashedBananas

I have to admit to feeling pretty happy sitting in my seats last night, rocking the Kassian jersey I bought at the start of the season. Good start to the season for him and I hope he becomes the type of player he looks like he might be. A little more sandpaper with skill in the line-up is a real positive.

I liked Hodgson as well but was and still remain completely in favour of the deal that was made. Kassian is the type of player we need and Hodgson was never going to be more than a 3rd line centre here until the Sedins or Kesler moved on or retired. The Hodgson "hole" only looks big right now with Kesler hurt. With Kesler back and if Kassian can find some consistency in his game I think we'll slowly forget Cody (except the slapper on Thomas that I will remember until the end of time).

Looking forward to watching Kassian develop, whether it is this year or four years down the road that he becomes an everyday impact player.

Canucks fans are pathetic. How many of you, at the time of the trade, were excited about it? Better yet, how many of you even knew who Kassian was? All last season, I saw fans decrying the trade, and knocking Kass. The whole city was up in arms over it. And now, after a couple of games where he's starting to reach his potential, the dick riding begins. I know not everyone was like this, myself included, but the vast majority were. It's unsightly.

I am thrilled that Kass is demonstrating the skill set that we all hoped he could bring. or at least the skill set that was needed when we traded Coho away.

I was a fan of Coho and the talent he has, but would have a tough time fitting here due to Hank and Kes.

A power forward that has some grit and sandpaper and is willing to use it, is what we have been lacking and so far this year, I really like what Kass is showing us. I hope he keeps it coming, cause I really miss Big Burt or that type of play from our team.

I love Kassian as a player and have been a fan since we acquired him. I even bought his jersey after the buffalo game last year. I heard a lot of bashing going on on these boards since then. I have always defended him from the ignorant trolls on here who loved to bash him without giving him any kind of chance to prove himself. I saw the meanness and flashes of greatness and even followed his game in the AHL. He will continue to improve being surrounded by NHL players and especially playing with to class acts on his line. I am excited to continue watching him grow as a player and a force to be reckoned with for years to come. Wishing him a happy bday today, and good luck in the future. Keep it up beast!

Canucks fans are pathetic. How many of you, at the time of the trade, were excited about it? Better yet, how many of you even knew who Kassian was? All last season, I saw fans decrying the trade, and knocking Kass. The whole city was up in arms over it. And now, after a couple of games where he's starting to reach his potential, the dick riding begins. I know not everyone was like this, myself included, but the vast majority were. It's unsightly.

Guest Gumballthechewy

WTF DOES ALMOST EVERYONE THAT TALKS ABOUT KASS HAVE TO MENTION CODY? THE DEAL IS HISTORY, FOCUS ON WHAT WE HAVE. STOP COMPARING THE TWO.

Guest Gumballthechewy

What about someone like me who always considered Hodgson marshmallow fluff and was supportive of the trade because I didn't like his style of play from the get go?

Please praise me gumball, I'm a very sad and pathetic excuse for a human being.

It's balance people, and opportunity. One reason Kass is doing good is he's getting a chance with some sublime talent in the Twins. He's brining the lunch bucket in a big way and deserves his crack, but that plays a big part too!

I personally have;

- questioned the trade because he was a prospect, when we had potential to go on a cup run.

- Got mad at MG for pissing on Hodgson to deflect criticism.

- questioned why Kassian appeared out of shape last year.

- hated losing CoHo.

- Said if we have to wait for Kassian, and we had to, lets cheer for him...

- Applauded reports he was working out like a demon in the off season.

- Defended him as a bust in Chicago, he appeared exactly like his scouting report; a rare combination of size, speed, nasty and sic soft hands waiting for a chance.

- Wondered if he would have the work rate necessary to replace a Burrows? Hey, in these few games he has had, and I'm happy to be proven wrong here!

- Now I suggest not get carried away until we see how he reacts when he makes a few mistakes, battles an injury (he's reckless, it will happen), and if his fitness can keep this up for an extended period?

But I have to admit the last two games have been pretty bloody exciting!

Funny thing; Kassian with Hodgson as his centre would probably look pretty sic.

Not really. If Kassian had played last year like he has played these last 3 games (note the 3 game part) then maybe Gillis would look like a genius. Unfortunately Zack did not play like this last year even though Gillis said that it was a trade that was going to help immediately.

If Kassain continues to play well it will bode very well for the team and indeed that is what I hope for.It is very early to predict the future level Zack will get to, but I think 20 goals and 50 points within a couple of years may not be out of the question. And it is good to see the guy laying out the hits and being willing to have a scrap to spark his team.

Early days, but I'm optimistic.

Pretty funny, you're only appologizing about your bashing/hate towards him because he is now doing good. What a joke, hahahah sorry but that is BS buddy. Adults don't wait for good things to happen to the person or them to start playing well before they applogize.. I hope your appology made you feel better about yourself. I knowIf I were Kassian, I'd say "Go shove your appology where the sun don't shinef" No different than a band wagoner

Archived