53 replies to this topic

#1 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Schroeder looked really comftorable in his NHL debut tonight, him and Raymond have some solid chemistry, personally i just beleive that Alain Vigneault should put Higgins with him, because Higgins can finish plays, which is something that Weise struggles at. Weise did not have a bad game but it was not like his edmonton one where he threw his body at everyone and missed. He looked a little bit less comftorable playing with 2 guys who seem to be much faster then him. I think for next game I would do some tweaking so we can capitolize on all oppurtunitys.
My lines
Sedins-Kassian (played well tonight looks like kassian has found his spot)
Raymond-Schroeder-Higgins (JS and MayRay look good together, with Higgins shot they will do well)
Burrows-Lapierre-Hansen (Burr and Lappy have great chemistry, with hansen's forchecking abilities they will be the best 3rd line in hockey)
Weise-Manny-Volpatti( A very tough line to play against where no one will be out of place)

The D should stay the same

What do u guys think?

Also it looks like the team is getting back in to form, nice to see a faster pace game and nice to see Lappy back with his 7 hits along with Schneider and his solid goaltending, and Bieksa's aggresion.

#2 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,894 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

POPULAR

+1 this post if you love Brad Marchand.

Edited by Caboose, 27 January 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Posted Image

Vintage Canuck's #1 Supporter

#3 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,000 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

POPULAR

Maybe a guy like Burrows?

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Burrows
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise

307mg00.jpg

#4 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,553 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Yeah he was not bad for his first game. He didn't dominate, but he looked like he can at the very least keep up in the big league. All you can ask for from a rookie playing his first game.

#5 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I really like how AV gave him an MayRay a shift in OT

Bravo
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#6 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

I agree with you, Burrow has great finish. After playing many years with the Sedin's he has "the finish" might as well call Burrows A. Sedin for Alex Sedin. He can crash the net if he has to as well. It will be no good playing him on the third line wasting talent. As well the third line we have is solid from last year of Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen. They're beast and this is the third line to be scared of, it has speed, grit, skill, finish and it has Lapierre. These lines look the best to me.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#7 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,210 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Ideally he, Raymond, and Kassian would make a great line, however Kassian's recent success with the twins most likely means he won't be demoted onto the second line.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#8 Sportjunky

Sportjunky

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

I would like to see:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Shroeder-Kassian
Higgins-Lappy-Hansen
Volpatti-Malholtra-Wiese

#9 Dotcommie

Dotcommie

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Exactly..its so obvious it hurts! The third line played better with Lappy at center and the fourth line played better with Weise there. This is why AV frustrates people. He overlooks the obvious and is too slow to react; Like waiting till the fifth shooter to put Kassian in the shootout. Everbody that saw his moves in the scrimage shootout was calling for him. Put Burrows on the wing with Schroeder and Raymond, AV

Edited by Dotcommie, 23 January 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#10 Chris for mascot

Chris for mascot

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

I found it strange that they used burrows at centre instead of on the wing with raymond and jordan. Why wouldn't you let lappy play centre. I just found that to be a very weird decision

#11 Burr's bandwagon

Burr's bandwagon

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

I agree with your lines, Burr has the finish.. overall I was really happy with Shroeders game, I thought he was actually one of the better players for us tonight. He created some great chances and also back checked and came up with some big defensive break ups too.. Huge upgrade from Ebbett.

Call me crazy as I know its way too early to say this, but when kesler returns I hope Schroeder can stick as our third line centre..
webkit-fake-url://E0525C6D-59C8-4266-8890-6962F34EFBA6/application.pdf
-The Future

#12 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I agree, i just dont see how Weise can contribute offensively. I mean no disrespect to him, he can
be a serviceable 4th liner. I think i would rather see Higgins or Burrows on a line with Raymond and
JS.

#13 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeexxxxxy

Edited by CanucksRuleAll, 23 January 2013 - 11:27 PM.

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#14 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Dat top 9 :bigblush:
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#15 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Burrows won 5/8 draws, I think he's considered a centre now (:P). In all honesty, I'd keep Burrows as a centre for another game, although I agree with moving Weise off of that line.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#16 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Exactly..its so obvious it hurts! The third line played better with Lappy at center and the fourth line played better with Weise there. This is why AV frustrates people. He overlooks the obvious and is too slow to react; Like waiting till the fifth shooter to put Kassian in the shootout. Everbody that saw his moves in the scrimage shootout was calling for him. Put Burrows on the wing with Schroeder and Raymond, AV

Not only is it frustrating but its waisting valuable production out of Lapierre and Schroeder.

#17 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Why do people think JS is ready to play second line ? Reality check, he has a loooong way to go before he is taking a permanent spot on the team let alone the second line . He played pretty good but I will need to see way more before i jump on this wagon.

Sig too big. 

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#18 Brodeur

Brodeur

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

I really enjoyed the game these guys put on tonight. Schroeder and Raymond seem to be having fun.

I really think Raymond is learning off of Schroeder. They both have great speed which makes them a dangerous combination plus Raymond is making good plays now, and not just trying to go through the side boards on the rush, or just taking a lame shot on the goalie's crest. Schroeder didn't seem too nervous, and he seemed to bring some of his energy to the team which is a good sign because our team actualy needs consistent energy and motivation to keep playing. It's tough when you're doing the same job for that long. People are not machines and can't have their emotions in check all the time. Good teams play with emotion. They care!

Schroeder, one of MG draft picks turned out not bad so far in his first game. He did play World Juniors for a reason. He did try to throw his body out there few times. His penalty was a simple mistake of trying to show what he can do. I think he settled down after that. Hopefully he gels in the locker room with the boys. I"m talking about team chemistry here, not anything else.

This is just the 1st game. Let's see what he can do against tougher opponents. The flames aren't exactly Stanley Cup contenders yet..

#19 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I hope AV keeps him in the lineup.

A line of

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder

would be siiiiick.

Posted Image

#20 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I really think Raymond is learning off of Schroeder.

Lol, you're going to have to elaborate on this one, as to how a 26 y/o vet is learning from a rookie in his first game?

He did play World Juniors for a reason. He did try to throw his body out there few times.

He's the all time leading scorer for the US at the U20s (27 points in 19 games), an impressive feat. I too noticed his attempt to be physical, that being to angle the puck carrier off of the puck, either by placing his body between the skater and the puck, or stapling the opponent's stick to the boards. It's certainly a creative way for an undersized player to use their body.

Posted Image

Edited by Ossi Vaananen, 23 January 2013 - 11:43 PM.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#21 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

A line of

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder

would be siiiiick.

A line of

Booth-Kesler-Schroeder

would be siiiiick.

AMEX 2.0!!

#22 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Bravo

Yeah, why not, lots of open ice for a couple of great skaters.

#23 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Lol, you're going to have to elaborate on this one, as to how a 26 y/o vet is learning from a rookie in his first game?

He's the all time leading scorer for the US at the U20s (27 points in 19 games), an impressive feat. I too noticed his attempt to be physical, that being to angle the puck carrier off of the puck, either by placing his body between the skater and the puck, or stapling the opponent's stick to the boards. It's certainly a creative way for an undersized player to use their body.

Posted Image

Yeah, he is good at pinning the stick with his hip - puts the defender in a real poor position if Schroeder can dig out the puck and spin off the boards.

#24 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

He's a rookie, daisy fresh, doesn't deserve to be given stud linemates right outta the gate until he proves his worth. Raymond is a previous 25 goal scorer, Weise is another young forward who is off to an great start. Both have speed, defensive capability and offensive talent, more than adequate for Schroeder to work with.

#25 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,811 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

I really enjoyed the game these guys put on tonight. Schroeder and Raymond seem to be having fun.

I really think Raymond is learning off of Schroeder. They both have great speed which makes them a dangerous combination plus Raymond is making good plays now, and not just trying to go through the side boards on the rush, or just taking a lame shot on the goalie's crest. Schroeder didn't seem too nervous, and he seemed to bring some of his energy to the team which is a good sign because our team actualy needs consistent energy and motivation to keep playing. It's tough when you're doing the same job for that long. People are not machines and can't have their emotions in check all the time. Good teams play with emotion. They care!

Schroeder, one of MG draft picks turned out not bad so far in his first game. He did play World Juniors for a reason. He did try to throw his body out there few times. His penalty was a simple mistake of trying to show what he can do. I think he settled down after that. Hopefully he gels in the locker room with the boys. I"m talking about team chemistry here, not anything else.

This is just the 1st game. Let's see what he can do against tougher opponents. The flames aren't exactly Stanley Cup contenders yet..

I doubt Raymond is learning off Schroeder as much as Schroeder is learning from Raymond. In what year did Schroder ever have 25 goals and 53 points in the NHL? For that matter, in what game did Schroeder ever have 5 goals in the AHL? I'm not putting down Schroeder, by the way, just that your statement is really only hyperbole.

#26 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Raymond had the hottest hand that wasn't playing with the Sedins and Weise is playing better than the rest.
Weise also provided muscle for the lightweights.

#27 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

When Kesler and Booth are back:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Schroeder
Burrows - Higgins - Raymond
Lapierre - Malhotra - Hansen

#28 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I found it strange that they used burrows at centre instead of on the wing with raymond and jordan. Why wouldn't you let lappy play centre. I just found that to be a very weird decision

IMO you're looking at it backwards. Lappy was put where he was because AV doesn't trust Malhotra anymore. I love Manny but he's making way too many mistakes, and having him with Weise and Volpatti is dangerous (Weise is looking better offensively, but if they get hemmed in in their zone, that's a problem).

#29 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

My thoughts exactly. And if Kass is having an off night with the Twins Burr moves up. We already know Schoeder and Kass can play together and that line looked pretty damn good in the scrimmage

#30 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,942 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Bravo

But, but, AV doesn't give prospects a chance!!! :frantic:

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.