The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Give Schroeder someone who can finish plays

406281dylan

Lol, you're going to have to elaborate on this one, as to how a 26 y/o vet is learning from a rookie in his first game?

He's the all time leading scorer for the US at the U20s (27 points in 19 games), an impressive feat. I too noticed his attempt to be physical, that being to angle the puck carrier off of the puck, either by placing his body between the skater and the puck, or stapling the opponent's stick to the boards. It's certainly a creative way for an undersized player to use their body.

getty_jschroeder.jpg

He's a rookie, daisy fresh, doesn't deserve to be given stud linemates right outta the gate until he proves his worth. Raymond is a previous 25 goal scorer, Weise is another young forward who is off to an great start. Both have speed, defensive capability and offensive talent, more than adequate for Schroeder to work with.

I really enjoyed the game these guys put on tonight. Schroeder and Raymond seem to be having fun.

I really think Raymond is learning off of Schroeder. They both have great speed which makes them a dangerous combination plus Raymond is making good plays now, and not just trying to go through the side boards on the rush, or just taking a lame shot on the goalie's crest. Schroeder didn't seem too nervous, and he seemed to bring some of his energy to the team which is a good sign because our team actualy needs consistent energy and motivation to keep playing. It's tough when you're doing the same job for that long. People are not machines and can't have their emotions in check all the time. Good teams play with emotion. They care!

Schroeder, one of MG draft picks turned out not bad so far in his first game. He did play World Juniors for a reason. He did try to throw his body out there few times. His penalty was a simple mistake of trying to show what he can do. I think he settled down after that. Hopefully he gels in the locker room with the boys. I"m talking about team chemistry here, not anything else.

This is just the 1st game. Let's see what he can do against tougher opponents. The flames aren't exactly Stanley Cup contenders yet..

IMO you're looking at it backwards. Lappy was put where he was because AV doesn't trust Malhotra anymore. I love Manny but he's making way too many mistakes, and having him with Weise and Volpatti is dangerous (Weise is looking better offensively, but if they get hemmed in in their zone, that's a problem).

I can see solidifying the 4th for open play, but Manny's 10+% better than our next best faceoff guy right now (Henrik) and 20+% better than Lappy. Not that Lappy won't improve since that's low for him, but Manny's still useful for at least something. If the other options aren't doing it in Kesler's absence, we can't really just drop him.

I see this as a horses for courses situation. When Burr gets back on song and we are playing a less physical team, he will play with the Sedins. When it is Boston, Chicago etc we will move Kass up from 2nd to first to make sure nobody cheap shots the Twins.

I rekon even Thornton and Chara would think twice after hearing about the Eager concussion.

I agree with some other posters here and say when Kes & Booth are back, put the kid on their line and see if he can give them some nice dishes, what with those two being such shoot first players, only problem being where does that slot Kassian or Burrows, whomever plays with the Sedins. Burr can drop down to the third line and play with Higgins & Hansen, that would be pretty interesting to see as he did a pretty good job playing Centre in tonights game.

Archived