The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lines when Kesler is back

uber_pwnzor

Kassian really showed us what a great player he is, and how well he works with the Sedins, I therefore hope that he stays with them all season long. We can place Burrows on the second line with Kesler, they've shown chemistry all their careers plus they are both great defensive players.

As much as I love Manny, I think it's time to let him go. He really isn't NHL calibre anymore :( give him a job in the management in some way.

With Burrows on the second line, i really think we can afford having an offensive third line (Schroeder centering it). He did a great job playmaking the second power play unit as only got better as the game progressed. I also think that Raymond had a great game, he didn't fall down too much, and damn thy wrister!

Put Lappy on the fourth line, and make it a defensive and hard working energy line.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Higgins

Hansen - Lapierre - Weise

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Garrison - Edler

Tanev - Ballard

Schneider

Luongo

PP1:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Garrison - Edler

PP2:

Raymond - Kesler - Schroeder

Bieksa - Hamhuis

BP1:

Kesler - Burrows

BP2:

Hansen - Lappiere

I think this looks like a great team, maybe the third line is a bit soft, but apart from that I don't see a flaw. I would trust every line in the defensive zone, and they can score some goals too!

What do you guys think?

1. Schroeder is an offensive player who won't be playing a checking role as a 3rd line center...pretty sure he gets sent back down unless he really impresses before Kesler comes back.

2. Lapierre has earned the 3rd line center spot.

3. There is no way Hansen is going to be on the 4th line.

4. Volpatti is a main stay on the 4th line. To point out, Canucks were too worried Volpatti would get claimed before the season started which is why they didn't send him down to the Wolves in September. He brings energy and is a great hitter.

Archived