#1 Youth_Movement

Youth_Movement

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

POPULAR

First things First. Im not starting this thread because he scored a goal tonight. Im a long time forum reader first time poster. But enough is enough. Apparently this fanbase has to have a whipping boy....
Have none of you ever played on a team before? You support your brothers no matter what. If they have a bad day, week, month, season. You stick by them and support them no matter what. But what baffles me to no end. IS how KESLER gets a free pass last year cuz he is coming of an injury......... Are you serious. RAYMOND had a freaking broken back! Came back before kesler and still managed to put up points. But that isnt enough for you. You have to destroy the kids confidence by ripping on him nonstop.
Now he has had some time to heal and come back strong and there is threads popping up how he is completely useless 2 games in, after having a hatrick in a scrimmage. Ok my vent is over and i hope you haters can focus on whatever is so terrible in your life that you have to rag on a member of this team so you can feel better about yourself. I will go on record right now and say that raymond will have a breakout season and get back to his 25 goal season form. Especially with the chemistry he has found with schroeder. Take from this what you will. But the whole point of being a fan is to support your team no matter what. NOT sit behind your keyboard and bully the sh1t outta them!!!

Edited by Youth_Movement, 23 January 2013 - 11:32 PM.

CUP OR BUST!!!!!!

#2 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

We won tonight!!! Haapyhappyhapppy!!!!

Go Raymond! :emot-parrot: :canucks: :towel:
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#3 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

SNIPE!
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#4 flapjacks

flapjacks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Not going to lie and say I didn't rag on MayRay last season, but major props to the guy so far. He's been looking great. Speedy and agile, and haven't noticed him falling all over the place recently. Wicked wrister in tonight's game too. I wish him a good, albeit shortened season.

#5 Brodeur

Brodeur

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I agree with you op. I don't think it's just that Raymond has got the time to heal and come back to play. Raymond used to play awkwardly even before he was injured after his 25 goal season. I just think that that particular season, he was actually given a chance to have the puck. After that, Kesler seems to want to be the leader on that line and not pass the puck to his team mates much and one of them which includes Raymond and perhaps Booth. But Kesler and Booth are buddies from before. I think Kesler's over confidence might be bringing Raymond down, i'm not sure. After Kesler's departure to injury, Raymond seems to be more positive and open-minded and trying different things.

I like Kesler, but i think he needs to have a change in attitude and stop his diving and arrogance at times.

Even though Raymond's SO attempt wasn't that great.. I think it was a lot better than Edler's or Daniel's..

I don't post much on here due to the negative posts i quite frequently see on here. But kudos for saying it out OP. There really shouldn't be any whipping boy. But we get frustrated because we want our own players to perform better, and not suck. It's like supporting them in a different way. Just don't give up on them easily.

#6 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

POPULAR

It was one goal

Wait for him to drop off the face of the earth this weekend

#7 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

He showed some fire when he scores , big fist pump :)

Like he said , we need to stick by our guys no matter what .

#8 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

More goals than Burrows, Higgins, Hansen and Hank combined.

Boss.

#9 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,437 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

POPULAR

Package him up in a tidy bow and trade him.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#10 Brodeur

Brodeur

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

He showed some fire when he scores , big fist pump :)

Like he said , we need to stick by our guys no matter what .

There's nothing wrong with sticking up for your own players. But no matter what isn't always the case. If one under-performs too much and doesn't show any sign of improving, that's when you let go. But, you still don't treat them like trash. I guess you'd have to be in their shoes to understand. You never bring your own team mates down or say bad things about them. It's not healthy unless the guy is really just picking his nose on the ice. For some reason just thought of Marchand for a sec, lol. Man, must be picking cherries for a long time.

Now the kid needs to find his groove and be comfortable out there on a somewhat consistent basis.

#11 Bench_Boss

Bench_Boss

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Every team needs a scapegoat.

#12 SamiSalo

SamiSalo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

POPULAR

When we are healthy he has no place on this team. He is a perimeter player with some nice skills, but ultimately too soft to play with the big boys, especially in the playoffs.

#13 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

I thought Everybody Loves Raymond??!!!

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#14 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

i never hated on may-ray as the word "hate" is quite strong. i was however disappointed with his performance at times but coming back from a serious back injury it has to be expected that his numbers will drop, i think he can get back to form.

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#15 BlurTriX

BlurTriX

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

This happens every time with a player that people want to trade. Luongo for example wins a game, "That is the reason why we should keep Luongo!". or if he has a bad game "Trade him he's the worst goalie in the league who can't handle playing in a hockey market like Vancouver!". Don't even have to explain Raymond, he falls down once then all I see is trade proposals that make no sense at all. This post means nothing.

Untitled.png

#16 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

When we are healthy he has no place on this team. He is a perimeter player with some nice skills, but ultimately too soft to play with the big boys, especially in the playoffs.

I would rather have him than Booth. Raymond can actually play defence, and at a fraction of the price.

#17 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,468 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Looking like the Raymond of a few years ago. Nice to see.

#18 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Typical CDC thread.
Posted Image

#19 Laoag

Laoag

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

raymond has the ability to string together a few good games and a few goals.. then he disappears for 10 games. he is a frustrating player.

#20 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

POPULAR

If he played in a similar fashion consistently in the last 4 years, we wouldn't be ragging on him.

The problem is that he is nearly invisible maybe like 80% of the season, except we notice him skating laps, falling and/or shooting poorly. When he is not contributing, he doesn't bring enough intangibles to warrant a top-6 spot.

When you see players like Hansen and Higgins doing more and yet Raymond stays on the 2nd line, there's something wrong.

#21 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

How do you have a breakout season and get back to the same scoring level you were once at? #JustSaying

Oops, forgot this isn't twitter :P

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#22 BlurTriX

BlurTriX

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

What's next "To Everyone Who Hates Luongo?". Same old bs.

Untitled.png

#23 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

What's next "To Everyone Who Hates Luongo?". Same old bs.

Next? we got like a million of those lol.

#24 SamiSalo

SamiSalo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

I would rather have him than Booth. Raymond can actually play defence, and at a fraction of the price.

Let Kesler worry about back checking the 2nd line, I'll take Booth driving the net with authority and being a consistent offensive threat anyday over MayRay.

#25 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,898 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

I don't think people hate him. I just think he has frustrated a lot of people because he has so much skill and for the past few seasons he hasn't really used it at all. It's been a bit of a wasted roster spot keeping him around and he has brought his linemates down to his level too, which is a double (or even a triple) whammy

If he uses his skills though he's a tremendous asset. Hopefully he can play like this consistently and not just revert to old ways after a few games
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#26 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Let Kesler worry about back checking the 2nd line, I'll take Booth driving the net with authority and being a consistent offensive threat anyday over MayRay.

I like all 3 of em, together.

#27 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

It was one goal

Wait for him to drop off the face of the earth this weekend

Crazy talk. That wrister was the same that we saw in the scrimmage, pure lightning. When Mayray doesn't spend the offseason rehabbing, he works on his shot, and his wrist shot is not far off from Kesler's. That's why he's a second liner.

Keswho.jpg

#28 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Are we going to have 18 new threads after every game?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#29 nickels

nickels

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Raymond had a great game tonite, as well as the final scrimmage. Great time to package him with Roberto for a power forward who can put the puck in the net to play with Kesler and Booth. Canucks need to start packaging a couple B's to get another A player or two . JMHO

#30 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

hope this increases his trade value ill drive him to the airport when the time comes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.