Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Youth_Movement

To Everyone Who Hates Raymond

123 posts in this topic

Not going to lie and say I didn't rag on MayRay last season, but major props to the guy so far. He's been looking great. Speedy and agile, and haven't noticed him falling all over the place recently. Wicked wrister in tonight's game too. I wish him a good, albeit shortened season.

I agree with you op. I don't think it's just that Raymond has got the time to heal and come back to play. Raymond used to play awkwardly even before he was injured after his 25 goal season. I just think that that particular season, he was actually given a chance to have the puck. After that, Kesler seems to want to be the leader on that line and not pass the puck to his team mates much and one of them which includes Raymond and perhaps Booth. But Kesler and Booth are buddies from before. I think Kesler's over confidence might be bringing Raymond down, i'm not sure. After Kesler's departure to injury, Raymond seems to be more positive and open-minded and trying different things.

I like Kesler, but i think he needs to have a change in attitude and stop his diving and arrogance at times.

Even though Raymond's SO attempt wasn't that great.. I think it was a lot better than Edler's or Daniel's..

I don't post much on here due to the negative posts i quite frequently see on here. But kudos for saying it out OP. There really shouldn't be any whipping boy. But we get frustrated because we want our own players to perform better, and not suck. It's like supporting them in a different way. Just don't give up on them easily.

He showed some fire when he scores , big fist pump :)

Like he said , we need to stick by our guys no matter what .

He showed some fire when he scores , big fist pump :)

Like he said , we need to stick by our guys no matter what .

i never hated on may-ray as the word "hate" is quite strong. i was however disappointed with his performance at times but coming back from a serious back injury it has to be expected that his numbers will drop, i think he can get back to form.

This happens every time with a player that people want to trade. Luongo for example wins a game, "That is the reason why we should keep Luongo!". or if he has a bad game "Trade him he's the worst goalie in the league who can't handle playing in a hockey market like Vancouver!". Don't even have to explain Raymond, he falls down once then all I see is trade proposals that make no sense at all. This post means nothing.

When we are healthy he has no place on this team. He is a perimeter player with some nice skills, but ultimately too soft to play with the big boys, especially in the playoffs.

Looking like the Raymond of a few years ago. Nice to see.

raymond has the ability to string together a few good games and a few goals.. then he disappears for 10 games. he is a frustrating player.