The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To Everyone Who Hates Raymond

Youth_Movement

First things First. Im not starting this thread because he scored a goal tonight. Im a long time forum reader first time poster. But enough is enough. Apparently this fanbase has to have a whipping boy....

Have none of you ever played on a team before? You support your brothers no matter what. If they have a bad day, week, month, season. You stick by them and support them no matter what. But what baffles me to no end. IS how KESLER gets a free pass last year cuz he is coming of an injury......... Are you serious. RAYMOND had a freaking broken back! Came back before kesler and still managed to put up points. But that isnt enough for you. You have to destroy the kids confidence by ripping on him nonstop.

Now he has had some time to heal and come back strong and there is threads popping up how he is completely useless 2 games in, after having a hatrick in a scrimmage. Ok my vent is over and i hope you haters can focus on whatever is so terrible in your life that you have to rag on a member of this team so you can feel better about yourself. I will go on record right now and say that raymond will have a breakout season and get back to his 25 goal season form. Especially with the chemistry he has found with schroeder. Take from this what you will. But the whole point of being a fan is to support your team no matter what. NOT sit behind your keyboard and bully the sh1t outta them!!!

Not going to lie and say I didn't rag on MayRay last season, but major props to the guy so far. He's been looking great. Speedy and agile, and haven't noticed him falling all over the place recently. Wicked wrister in tonight's game too. I wish him a good, albeit shortened season.

I agree with you op. I don't think it's just that Raymond has got the time to heal and come back to play. Raymond used to play awkwardly even before he was injured after his 25 goal season. I just think that that particular season, he was actually given a chance to have the puck. After that, Kesler seems to want to be the leader on that line and not pass the puck to his team mates much and one of them which includes Raymond and perhaps Booth. But Kesler and Booth are buddies from before. I think Kesler's over confidence might be bringing Raymond down, i'm not sure. After Kesler's departure to injury, Raymond seems to be more positive and open-minded and trying different things.

I like Kesler, but i think he needs to have a change in attitude and stop his diving and arrogance at times.

Even though Raymond's SO attempt wasn't that great.. I think it was a lot better than Edler's or Daniel's..

I don't post much on here due to the negative posts i quite frequently see on here. But kudos for saying it out OP. There really shouldn't be any whipping boy. But we get frustrated because we want our own players to perform better, and not suck. It's like supporting them in a different way. Just don't give up on them easily.

This happens every time with a player that people want to trade. Luongo for example wins a game, "That is the reason why we should keep Luongo!". or if he has a bad game "Trade him he's the worst goalie in the league who can't handle playing in a hockey market like Vancouver!". Don't even have to explain Raymond, he falls down once then all I see is trade proposals that make no sense at all. This post means nothing.

If he played in a similar fashion consistently in the last 4 years, we wouldn't be ragging on him.

The problem is that he is nearly invisible maybe like 80% of the season, except we notice him skating laps, falling and/or shooting poorly. When he is not contributing, he doesn't bring enough intangibles to warrant a top-6 spot.

When you see players like Hansen and Higgins doing more and yet Raymond stays on the 2nd line, there's something wrong.

Archived