The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To Everyone Who Hates Raymond

Youth_Movement

I don't think people hate him. I just think he has frustrated a lot of people because he has so much skill and for the past few seasons he hasn't really used it at all. It's been a bit of a wasted roster spot keeping him around and he has brought his linemates down to his level too, which is a double (or even a triple) whammy

If he uses his skills though he's a tremendous asset. Hopefully he can play like this consistently and not just revert to old ways after a few games

Raymond had a great game tonite, as well as the final scrimmage. Great time to package him with Roberto for a power forward who can put the puck in the net to play with Kesler and Booth. Canucks need to start packaging a couple B's to get another A player or two . JMHO

I've been a supporter of Raymond since day 1. I posted a few times last year when I was hearing all the crap about Raymond; then I just stayed off the CDC. We need some patience - especially with a guy coming back from a serious injury. Last year was a write off with the recovery from the broken back.

He is looking much stronger than last year. He's stronger on his skates and his top speed gear has returned. I hope he can keep it going. It was an interesting line out there with Schroeder. I'm not sure Wiese is the best pick for the other winger. Time will tell. I hope Raymond has a strong season to prove the haters wrong.

raymond has played terrible and had a nice goal tonight but after that was a non factor.

he is useless especially when he tries to set up in the offensive zone with his down the boards stop turn around go the other way stop turn around go back down but lose the puck turnover.

he needs to be a more off the puck player, get in position and let the playmakers do the work of setting up and getting him the puck in good position.

Archived