The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Kassian-CoHo deal

MarchandSucks

At the start, we were all bashing this claiming that CoHo was gonna be a star and such. Cody currently has 2 goals and is +4. Zack has 2 goals (and a dandy of shootout goal) and is +1. I haven't seen Cody play yet this year, but from what I've seen Zack do for us, I'm really beginning to think we snatched up our Lucic or Brown. IMO, we've won this deal.

Thoughts?

At the start, we were all bashing this claiming that CoHo was gonna be a star and such. Cody currently has 2 goals and is +4. Zack has 2 goals (and a dandy of shootout goal) and is +1. I haven't seen Cody play yet this year, but from what I've seen Zack do for us, I'm really beginning to think we snatched up our Lucic or Brown. IMO, we've won this deal.

Thoughts?

I was the one writing articles saying I love Kass and posting videos saying hes gonna be amazing this year, some ppl said slow down expectations, but I love kass. He never gives up on the play and he makes awesome passes right on the stick , I am so happy for him , he worked so hard this offseason . Do any of you guys notice that when Kass makes a nice play such as goal or shootout goal , how he brings excitement to this team and when he scored the shootout how all the players are so happy for him . Such a great kid and he has earned it .

Last year, we got raped and MG was going to be fired when Kassian got eight points in twenty games as a Sabre.

Now, we've won the trade when Kassian scored two goals in three games as a 'Nuck.

We'll see in five years who actually won the trade.

Thoughts?

It's still early to tell, but yes, I'm starting to believe we won the deal too!!

Kassian can pass,shoot,play defence, hit, fight and dangle!!! He's been by far the best Canuck so far this season! He even got the crowd pumped after his fight with Eager (who I believe still is out of Edmonton's lineup with facial swelling)

If Lu gets traded, I think we should be looking at getting guys like Kass on the team/in the system. Guys who compete along the boards, and who can set up/ finish plays.

Scott Laughton, Brayden Schenn and Tyler Biggs come to mind :)

GO KA-NUCKS GO :towel:

Thoughts?

Way too early to tell, but I'd like to point out that Coho's goals were off of his skate and off of his hip/butt. Kassian's goals have been pretty nice so far. Both players play on the top lines for their respective teams.

That being said, I don't think that it is fair to compare them since they play two completely different styles of play but they will be compared just because they were involved in the same deal. I'm happy with the deal (and was happy when we did it last February to be honest, seeing as PWF's are rare). If Kassian can bring anywhere near the skill and stats that Hodgson puts up (even 2/3's of the stats) we win this trade hands down. Kassian has one thing Hodgson does not. INTANGIBLES!

Archived