85 replies to this topic

#31 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

ATM we have def won this trade. Down the road will obviously give a clearer definitive answer, but right now it's us. The guy concussed Eager in a fight... a fight people! how many fights do we see from our scoring forwards?!!! :frantic: Helllloooooo, this is what we've been waiting for!!! :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot:

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#32 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,279 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

The better Kass does the less it hurts that we gave up cody. Cody will still have a better career, but Kass fits a hole we needed filling for a long time.

#33 LegionOfDoom

LegionOfDoom

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Hodgson and kassian line mates for canada 2018 lol!

#34 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,279 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hodgson and kassian line mates for canada 2018 lol!

could happen... i'd love to see it.

#35 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,927 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

Glad to say its looking like I was wrong, lets hope he can keep it up.

#36 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

The better Kass does the less it hurts that we gave up cody. Cody will still have a better career, but Kass fits a hole we needed filling for a long time.

Why will he have a better career? This kid is gonna have a fantastic career if he keeps this up, and he definitely brings more to the table than Cody does or ever will Imo..

#37 Sbriggs

Sbriggs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

At the start, we were all bashing this claiming that CoHo was gonna be a star and such. Cody currently has 2 goals and is +4. Zack has 2 goals (and a dandy of shootout goal) and is +1. I haven't seen Cody play yet this year, but from what I've seen Zack do for us, I'm really beginning to think we snatched up our Lucic or Brown. IMO, we've won this deal.
Thoughts?

still too early to tell

#38 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

How about they both won the deal? Buffalo got the player they wanted, and its now looks like we got the player we wanted. Both teams got good promising players who are going to have great careers with their teams.

This. It isn't always about fleecing the other team and ripping them off. What it is about is bringing in a player to your organization that will help your team more than the players leaving. Buffalo needed a player like Hodgson but not Kassian. We felt Kassian would be of more use. It's called a trade, not some time of shady business deal.

#39 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,279 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Why will he have a better career? This kid is gonna have a fantastic career if he keeps this up, and he definitely brings more to the table than Cody does or ever will Imo..

cody is more talented and has a higher hockey IQ, plus he'll have a longer career/prime, Power forwards like Zach tend to have shorter careers due to their play style.

That said I'm pleased as punch with how Zach is performing.

Edited by avelanch, 24 January 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#40 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

I watch as many Sabres games I can and at the moment, Hodgson's doing fine with Buffalo. Playing with Vanek and Pominville? That's great. Looks like he's enjoying his time in Buffalo.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#41 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

They can both score...Lets see what happens with Coho vs Ben Eager

With Eager currently concussed, CoHo might have a chance to win one now. Nah, who am I kidding, CoHo would still get one punch KOed.
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#42 Dr. J.

Dr. J.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Buffalo is 2-0. I would rather be 2-0 than 1-1-1. Forget Kassina and CoHo. Its the team that matters.

#43 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

Not all of us.

Posted Image

#44 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

This is ridiculous. It's been two games. An issue with Kassian has always been CONSISTENCY! Give it some time.

Hodgson has been a stud this season as well.

#45 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

I like how it's worked out, Kassian does real solid work for us so far this season. Against Edmonton, a goal, won a big fight, couple big hits, couple grade-A chances. Against Calgary, a goal, shootout winner, some more chances. Solid all round. Meanwhile Hodgson has already successfully infiltrated the east, has a GWG against the Leafs and is well-poised to hit our enemies in Toronto, Boston, Montreal and elsewhere. There's really no downside!

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#46 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

He had one good game, let's not get carried away. Cody still has a huge upside, despite the ego. We'll see in a few years who got the better of that deal... Till then, it's really undecidable!

#47 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,279 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

He had one good game, let's not get carried away. Cody still has a huge upside, despite the ego. We'll see in a few years who got the better of that deal... Till then, it's really undecidable!

they will both have great careers, its win win, to be truthful.

#48 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Ahh everyone is finally jumping on the Bandwagon, I have liked this deal for a long time and this is why, I knew it was just a matter of time until he shows us all what he could do and he has done that.

Best player so far.

zackass.png

#49 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Is it wrong that I want both?

Ballard, Raymond + 1st for Hodgson

Lets getter down MG

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY, 24 January 2013 - 01:16 AM.

2moy3iq.png

#50 EV604

EV604

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

He hits, he fights, he scores, he plays well with the twins... What more do you want??? We needed someone to step up their game cuz of Kes/Booth and Kassian is the run away favorite. Well deserved!!!!

#51 EV604

EV604

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Ben Eager ain't no push over either, he abused us in the playoffs.... For Kassian to give him a concussion and spilt him open, he's making a name for himself!!!!!

#52 EV604

EV604

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

This is ridiculous. It's been two games. An issue with Kassian has always been CONSISTENCY! Give it some time.

Hodgson has been a stud this season as well.

Ya Erhoff took a slap shot and hit Cody's shoulder, u call that ripping it up??? The other goal was complete garbage goal as well

#53 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,455 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Of course you say this, because Kassian is a Canuck.

If Hodgson was the Canuck here and Kassian wasn't you and all of CDC would be saying I'd rather have a player with skill that can dangle, snipe and celly.

That wouldn't have helped against Boston...

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#54 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

They can both score...Lets see what happens with Coho vs Ben Eager

But Kassian already softened him up. He needs a few months for his wounds to heal. Though that face will never improve.
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#55 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,399 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

At the start, we were all bashing this claiming that CoHo was gonna be a star and such. Cody currently has 2 goals and is +4. Zack has 2 goals (and a dandy of shootout goal) and is +1. I haven't seen Cody play yet this year, but from what I've seen Zack do for us, I'm really beginning to think we snatched up our Lucic or Brown. IMO, we've won this deal.
Thoughts?

Kassian 7 hits, 1 giveaway, 1 takeaway, 1 minor penalty, 1 major-fighting
Hodgson 0 hits, 1 giveaway, 1 takeaway, 2 minor penalties, 0 major

I don't think we got shortchanged on this deal. The kid turns 22 today and doesn't look out of place at all in the top 6.
Posted Image

#56 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,929 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

Kassian 7 hits, 1 giveaway, 1 takeaway, 1 minor penalty, 1 major-fighting
Hodgson 0 hits, 1 giveaway, 1 takeaway, 2 minor penalties, 0 major

I don't think we got shortchanged on this deal. The kid turns 22 today and doesn't look out of place at all in the top 6.

And Kassian's minor wasn't a lazy penalty. Drove hard to the net and didn't really have anywhere else to go. If the puck had been there a little sooner, he would have had a great scoring chance. Sure beats seeing our goalies being run over.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#57 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

I'm really beginning to think we snatched up our Lucic or Brown. IMO, we've won this deal.
Thoughts?

I've had this optimistic view for awhile, I think Cody will still be a good player, but what Kassian will bring will be invaluable in terms of physicality, power and intangibles to go along with a pretty good skill level, where as Cody will just be another good offensive player, that has some nice skills but is really nothing rare as opposed to Zack who is a rare commodity.

Perhaps too early to tell but he is 22 today, and is already becoming a force and showing he is plenty capable in the top 6, if he can keep his consistency up and continue to get better (which he will) then I really like the deal from our end.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 24 January 2013 - 03:14 AM.

zackass.png

#58 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,399 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Is it wrong that I want both?

Ballard, Raymond + 1st for Hodgson

Lets getter down MG

Except Hodgson doesn't want to be a third line center and neither MG nor AV want to be hearing from his dad and agent every other day about his ice time until the Sedins retire.
Posted Image

#59 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,399 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

And Kassian's minor wasn't a lazy penalty. Drove hard to the net and didn't really have anywhere else to go. If the puck had been there a little sooner, he would have had a great scoring chance. Sure beats seeing our goalies being run over.

I didn't even think it should have been a penalty as the d-man forced him into the goalie.
Posted Image

#60 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,929 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

I didn't even think it should have been a penalty as the d-man forced him into the goalie.

I agree with you, although you can make the argument that Kassian didn't exactly try to let up. I didn't like the call and I'm sure AV will tell him not to worry about it.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.