Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Players reaction to Kass!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

#31 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,068 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Can't wait till this guy destroys Duncan Keith on the 1st of Feb, that will really win this city over if he hasn't already.
Posted Image

#32 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

So, let me get this straight... Hodgson's goals were somewhere between Rita McNeil and Suzan Boyle, and Kassian's goals were the equivalent of Kate Upton and Jessica Alba bringing you a full plate of bacon for breakfast in bed?

Mmmmmmm..... bacon.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#33 bcjarico

bcjarico

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

The 2 goals I've watched from Hodgson so far were:

1. The guy had a breakaway, poked a puck off the goalies pads and lost it. Hodgson skated in and shot it into an open net with a goaltender already down.

2. The puck basically bounced in off of him.

Yeah... Kassian has actually gotten goals so far (he DID have the Sedins, but still)

Actually I didn't even notice the Sedins on that goal until the celebration afterward. That was all Kass and he probably coulda scored it playing with 2 Codys on his line!!

#34 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

I wanted to see Kipper's reaction on the shootout goal but I didn't even notice him in the net.

::D
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#35 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

burrows is that happy for everyone haha he probably has the same reaction when he finds an extra fry in the mcdonalds bag.

Wow, is that ever funny. They should totally make a Mickey D's commercial.

Burrows playing ball hockey and scoring in the championship game, he gives an emphatic "Whooo"
Burrows scoring for Canada at the World Championships, he yells "Whoooo"
Fans cheering, organ music, shouts in a rink, camera focuses on Campoli as all grows quiet, Campoli clears up the middle:
Burrows pics it off and roofs it for the OT win - You see him scream "Wow" as team dogpiles on top of him
Then you see the glass at the end boards and it looks like Burrows is on the ice as team skates up ice ... but he's not, he's watching it, that's when the player on the ice roofs one for a goal as Burrows finds a last fry in the McD's bag.

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" and smile and ... scene.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#36 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,717 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

Who was taking this video? It's insanely close..

Also yeah, you can tell Burrows doesn't give a sh!t about Kassian's tenure with the Sedins so far. He just wants the Canucks to win. <3 Burrows.

I'm actually quite happy with having Burrows on the 2nd line for now until Kesler gets back, our 2nd line needs a scoring threat and a veteran presence.

I think of it not as a demotion, but as a recognition that Burrows is being looked at as someone who can carry his own line now. Its a graduation, of sorts

#37 LucBourdon28

LucBourdon28

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

Very excited about Kassian and what he brings to the team. Size, toughness, youth and the ability to make plays and score goals. His start to the season has been every Canucks fans' wet dream, but there were consistency issues (unfounded or not) surrounding Kassian and I will be reserving judgment, good and bad, about his play until we are deeper into the season.

Edited by LucBourdon28, 24 January 2013 - 10:47 AM.

Posted Image
Credit to Egatti

#38 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

this kid is no joke. kassian.

ur sig kinda bothers me... can u change it pretty plz ? thx

#39 NewbieCanuckFan

NewbieCanuckFan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Remember this as well, it's not only about regular season totals; but how said player plays in the post-season. We've all know from sad personal experience what happens when a skilled team plays a determined tight checking team. Not so sure a guy like Hodgson could excel in that department but it seems Kassian was made for the playoffs.

Let's see a thug like Byfuglien (a guy who likes to bully people but rarely drops the gloves to back it up) do his stuff in front of our crease again with Kassian on the ice.....

#40 GTVic

GTVic

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Side topic, why wasn't Eager punished for trying to pound Kassian in the back of the head? If it is illegal in MMA then it shouldn't be allowed in hockey.

#41 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

This is what I mean when I say the players are so happy for Zack , and how he brings so much energy and excitement to the team :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjgWWwxAa_Q

Pointless thread , What reaction where you expecting ? His teammates to be upset with him ?
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#42 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,219 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Pointless thread , What reaction where you expecting ? His teammates to be upset with him ?

I, for one, would like to thank you sincerely for trying to urinate on a "feel good" thread .. well done!!

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#43 tigerwilliams for pm

tigerwilliams for pm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

CODY WHO!

#44 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

My reaction to Kassian's shootout goal:

Posted Image

Edited by Bang Bang Boogie, 24 January 2013 - 11:52 AM.

Posted Image

#45 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

lets not get ahead of ourselves, great game by Kassian, but lets not put pressure on the guy
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#46 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

I don't get how people can still rag on about it. Cody did not want to be here, and apparently he was a cancer in the locker room as well. We got a great young player in exchange. Move on.

Cody wasnt a cancer , he wasnt a bad guy .. The guys on the team thought he was a nerd 'socially akward .. he never fit in .. Ive talked to people in managment about this .. they felt that kassian fulfilled a need , and right now it looks like they were right .. both teams will be winners with this deal . for different reasons ..

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.