The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which media outlet will report the Luongo trade first?

bear2

Which media outlet do you think will, or should be obligated to, report the Luongo trade first? Team 1040? TSN? Bob Mackin? David Pratt? Farhan Lalji?

Is Mike Gillis obligated to scoop Team 1040 first since they have the Canucks radio rights? Or could Mike Gillis scoop TSN and Dreger or Mackenzie first BEFORE first scooping to Team 1040?

Imagine this scenario.

Someone who works at Vancouver Airport, or even just someone who happens to be at Vancouver airport at just the right time, or a Taxi or bus driver at the airport, sees Luongo at the Airport when the rest of the team is NOT at the airport (at the rink or off for the day).

That individual who sees Luongo at Vancouver airport calls LIVE ON AIR to Team 1040 or to Dave Pratt, and reports he / she saw Luongo at the Airport WITHOUT any teammates, live on air, and muses that Luongo is off to another city (trade has been agreed to with another team).

Should that media outlet pursue the story ON AIR at that point or laugh the fan off?

I'm sure media outlets have discussed how to handle this scenario, it could happen.

I'd imagine Team 1040 is seriously pissed Mike Gillis gave Cam Cole that trade rumour instead of going directly to Scott Rintoul first

Which media outlet do you think will, or should be obligated to, report the Luongo trade first? Team 1040? TSN? Bob Mackin? David Pratt? Farhan Lalji?

Is Mike Gillis obligated to scoop Team 1040 first since they have the Canucks radio rights? Or could Mike Gillis scoop TSN and Dreger or Mackenzie first BEFORE first scooping to Team 1040?

Imagine this scenario.

Someone who works at Vancouver Airport, or even just someone who happens to be at Vancouver airport at just the right time, or a Taxi or bus driver at the airport, sees Luongo at the Airport when the rest of the team is NOT at the airport (at the rink or off for the day).

That individual who sees Luongo at Vancouver airport calls LIVE ON AIR to Team 1040 or to Dave Pratt, and reports he / she saw Luongo at the Airport WITHOUT any teammates, live on air, and muses that Luongo is off to another city (trade has been agreed to with another team).

Should that media outlet pursue the story ON AIR at that point or laugh the fan off?

I'm sure media outlets have discussed how to handle this scenario, it could happen.

I'd imagine Team 1040 is seriously pissed Mike Gillis gave Cam Cole that trade rumour instead of going directly to Scott Rintoul first

I don't think we need to worry about who's going to report it first... Need to see if GMMG is true to his word about a potential deal in place. For all we know, we're keeping Lou and this has all been part of some sick millionaires entertainment.

My money is on Mike Gillis and Roberto Luongo breaking the story through social media network.

One thing for sure, if Pratt breaks the story, he will have plagiarized the story from another writer/journalist and put his name to it as if it were his own. Don't let Pratt sit next to you in the exam room.

Archived