The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Geroy Simon Traded To Roughriders

Captain Bob

Geroy Simon has been traded to Saskatchewan. Justin Harper and a draft pick coming this way.

I'll miss you Geroy.

http://www.vancouver...6495/story.html

The B.C. Lions have announced that longtime receiver Geroy Simon has been traded to the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Specific details of the deal have yet to be disclosed.

“After many weeks of discussion with Geroy, we have reached a point where we believe it’s in the best interest of both parties to move forward with a mutually agreed upon trade,” said GM Wally Buono, in a statement. “Geroy’s accomplishments as a player are well documented and his work in our community has been outstanding. We salute and thank Geroy and wish him the very best.”

Simon leaves the Lions not just as their franchise-leading receiver with 14,756 yards, but also the CFL's all-time leader in reception yards with 15,787.

“My 12 seasons with the BC Lions have been the most incredible years of my professional life," said Simon. "I want to thank the entire BC Lions organization for giving me the opportunity to become a true professional. Most notably, I am extremely grateful to Mr. Braley, Wally Buono, Dennis Skulsky, Mike Benevides, as well as my teammates and coaches for all their years of support. The fans in BC have treated me as one of their own since I arrived here in 2001, and I'll never forget it. I'm looking forward to a new and exciting opportunity in Saskatchewan.”

More to come. The Lions will make Simon available to the media this afternoon.

Geroy-Simon.jpg

wow....this isn't right, why couldnt we keep him for a year or 2 so he could retire a lion. Seems like a dirt move by the orginization.

I wouldnt even consider myself a Lions fan but i loved Geroy, definately gonna miss him and his td celebration.

Archived