Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Junkyard Dog

Weise the new Raymond?

39 posts in this topic

He reminds me of Raymond during the last 2 years with the amount of times he has fallen and missed opportunities he had in the past 3 games. I know it's 3 games in, but he did play in the DEL and well in it. He just kinda reminds me of Raymond from the last 2 years.

He didn't play in the DEL, he payed with Eredivisie hockey for the Tillburg Trappers.

The main difference here, Weise is expected to hit and have energy. Raymond is expected to score. It's more of a big deal when Raymond misses his chances.

He didn't play in the DEL, he payed with Eredivisie hockey for the Tillburg Trappers.

The main difference here, Weise is expected to hit and have energy. Raymond is expected to score. It's more of a big deal when Raymond misses his chances.

The UBC Thunderbirds would go undefeated in the league Weise played in.

The UBC Thunderbirds would go undefeated in the league Weise played in.

Im from the Netherlands where Weise played...and this is correct! But still...he's playing with the right energy now! And even some offensive skills!

Weise has been playing well IMO and at least getting in areas for chances and hitting. All of which = potential. With confidence and more experience we will see those scoring chances start to go in. When that happens people will be touting how we have two potentially great power forwards on this team.

I think with the potential Weise has shown, he was an absolute steal by MG. He is only going to get better.

I agree with your analysis concerning Weise. I really like what he brings and one of these games he will break loose, give it time...I liked the jS, Raymond and Weise line alot. Hope it continues lets get Schroeder and Weise a goal so negative talk will Cease.

Whats with the hard on people have for players falling? Seriously, Burrows and the Sedins have been face down on the ice just as much so far. Beginning of the season guys are rusty at full speed + contact, everyone on every team is sliding around.

Weise and Raymond are both legit skaters.

he did have some serious fun, but regardless the level, it has to boost your confidence.

CDC always seems to need someone for a whipping boy.

Weise isn't out there to be the next Gretzky. He's out there to provide some grit for an undersized rookie center with a left winger who doesn't provide any; he's also earned a reward with solid play on the 4th line.

If you don't fall down, you aren't trying hard enough. Sure you could skate a whole game without falling down but you could skate a whole game without ever touching the boards too. Who needs that player?

His role isn't to score but I've been so impressed with how he has played.

There's so much effort in his game and that's what I like to see.

Weise isn't even known for his scoring so you can't compare him to Raymond.

I think people are forgetting Wiese is simply not a 2nd, or even a 3rd line player. His speed matches up well with Schroads and MayRay and he can bring a physical element to that line. All things considered he played much better than I expected. I was question AVs line choices, but what do you know, the guy actually knows what he's doing.