The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weise the new Raymond?

Junkyard Dog

Lets hope that Weise won't be eating a healthy diet of end boards this season...I'm surprised he didn't lose all his chiclets the way he hit the end boards the other night.

Gotta give him props for playing with some energy in the first three games...he's far from being anything more than a third liner though.

He's doing awesome. He's got confidence, but whether or not he scores goals is not a big deal normally. He's meant to be a forth liner, and Raymonds a second liner, he needed that goal more than Weiise did. Imagine if Raymond played with the Trappers though? I'm sure he would have had more points.

Teams that win the cup had their 4th liners contribute in scoring. Weise is a 4th liner at best who will never score with his stone hands. He is not going to put pucks into an empty net even if he can stay on his skates without falling. Weise and Volpatti right now are the same type of players and the Canucks 4th line centered by Malhotra will always be a liability. Let Ebbett replace either Weise or Volpatti as the guy has skills to score the occasional goal for the 4th line and he can play on different lines if AV wants to shake things up within games.

Teams that win the cup had their 4th liners contribute in scoring. Weise is a 4th liner at best who will never score with his stone hands. He is not going to put pucks into an empty net even if he can stay on his skates without falling. Weise and Volpatti right now are the same type of players and the Canucks 4th line centered by Malhotra will always be a liability. Let Ebbett replace either Weise or Volpatti as the guy has skills to score the occasional goal for the 4th line and he can play on different lines if AV wants to shake things up within games.

You just suggested replacing Weise with Andrew Ebbett...

The list of 4th liners better than Weise, is more of a footnote than a list. Stone hands?? lol, he was great in the AHL and this is his sophomore season where he is outplaying the majority of the players on a cup contending team.

I must say I am quite pleased with Wiese's contribution at present. I really don't care about his falls, it's what he does when he is upright that counts which is more than the contribution of some of our more vaunted 3rd liners at present.

Archived