Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

The Kassian-Cody Conundrum

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#1 goneforever

goneforever

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

This is my post-game post on PuckBuddys called The Kassian-Cody Conundrum.

It's about whether the trade of Cody Hodgson for Zack Kassian and two other players was a good one. After last night's squeaker win, Kassian is now DA MAN! But for how long?

#2 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

WOOOOWWWWWW
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#3 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Wow really he was playing with the sedins and it was one game and the trade happen so lets get over it. Like lets trade one goalie so we can get over that.
Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#4 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Good read. I think a lot of people really overlook the types of games Kassian and Hodgson play. Kassian is a bruiser, that is capable of decimating someone, and sniping geno's when he needs to. Cody is more of a finesse sort of player, and definitely plays the opposite end of the spectrum from Zack. I have always liked Zack and I am loving his start to the year. Expect more out of him playing with the Sedins.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#5 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Sorry GayCanuck, usually I really enjoy some of the material you post on your blog, but I feel like this topic has been beat to death. It was solidly written don't get me wrong, but since the trade deadline, all anybody talks about is the goaltender or Kassian vs. Hodgson. It's just... I don't know, stale I guess.

wZEgqzy.png

#6 NewbieCanuckFan

NewbieCanuckFan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Ask yourself, which player would likely play better against a team like the 2012 Kings or 2011 Bruins in the playoffs - where the refs let alot more things go....

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan, 24 January 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#7 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm not cool with all the hate for Hodgson. We needed a power forward, Buffalo needed a center. Everyone's a winner! And we're supporting our expansion bros in their battle against Toronto and Boston. Hodgson is doing the Canucks' work out east, he's already beaten the Leafs once this season. The supposed bitterness between him and the management/coaching is just a cover story. We sent him over there to mess with our enemies, he's in deep cover. Don't worry about it.

Star Wars analogy: when we traded Hodgson I was all like, "you were supposed to be the chosen one!" but then he became the villain instead. Well, we know how that ends, right? Hodgson is gonna throw Jeremy Jacobs down an elevator shaft at the Garden.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#8 combover

combover

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

kassian happy, fills a role we need or cody wanting a bigger role which just wasn't available. i'll take the guy thats happy to be here over a player thinking of himself.
my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#9 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Cody who?

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#10 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

If we had both, we would be so set, wouldn't even take a stutter step with Kes and Booth down.

#11 Kyle0811

Kyle0811

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Good read, though I hate to be the grammar police:

As Kassian’s star began to rise last night with the first goal, and then the winning shutout goal, the cocky chorus of “Cody who?” and “Where are all those Cody lovers now?” grew even louder in the Twitterverse.

Might want to change it to "shootout" :)
QUOTE (TheDominator)
Kyle. He's so hot right now. Kyle

#12 NewbieCanuckFan

NewbieCanuckFan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Star Wars analogy: when we traded Hodgson I was all like, "you were supposed to be the chosen one!" but then he became the villain instead. Well, we know how that ends, right? Hodgson is gonna throw Jeremy Jacobs down an elevator shaft at the Garden.

Loathed the Anakin character in the prequel films (and I don't mean because "he was the bad guy" but rather because he was badly written/sucked; as well, the actors playing him were awful).

#13 goneforever

goneforever

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Sorry GayCanuck, usually I really enjoy some of the material you post on your blog, but I feel like this topic has been beat to death. It was solidly written don't get me wrong, but since the trade deadline, all anybody talks about is the goaltender or Kassian vs. Hodgson. It's just... I don't know, stale I guess.

Yes, I know the topic of Hodgson/Kassian has been bludgeoned to death. I just wish all these other bloggers and reporters would stop talking about one of my favorite topics. I just really liked Cody with the Canucks, and that's why I've written two posts about him, but they were a year apart at least. I promise to only write 6 more posts about it this season. Thanks for reading!

#14 goneforever

goneforever

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Good read, though I hate to be the grammar police:

As Kassian’s star began to rise last night with the first goal, and then the winning shutout goal, the cocky chorus of “Cody who?” and “Where are all those Cody lovers now?” grew even louder in the Twitterverse.

Might want to change it to "shootout" :)

Ooops! Thank you! That's what happens when writing late at night after too much cabernet.

#15 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yes, I know the topic of Hodgson/Kassian has been bludgeoned to death. I just wish all these other bloggers and reporters would stop talking about one of my favorite topics. I just really liked Cody with the Canucks, and that's why I've written two posts about him, but they were a year apart at least. I promise to only write 6 more posts about it this season. Thanks for reading!

Only six?! Don't deprive yourself! Set a your goal at 8 and slowly ween yourself off of Cody Hodgson. You don't want your body to go into shock :o

wZEgqzy.png

#16 Cancuker

Cancuker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Lets face it, Kassian will be the best power forward in the league this year. All that time in the AHL paid off huge and you can tell.
Wins to Go:

16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 CUP

#17 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

Lets face it, Kassian will be the best power forward in the league this year. All that time in the AHL paid off huge and you can tell.

K dere guy. I'm a huge Kassian fan, but you're probably jumping the gun.

wZEgqzy.png

#18 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Kassian will be inducted into the HHOF this year, mark my words.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#19 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Kassian will be inducted into the HHOF this year, mark my words.

Canucks will retire his jersey while he's still playing for the team.

wZEgqzy.png

#20 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

He will play topless!
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#21 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

He will play topless!

I don't think gay canuck will object!

wZEgqzy.png

#22 goneforever

goneforever

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

I don't think gay canuck will object!

I'd prefer to see Higgins play topless. hummina hummina.

#23 goneforever

goneforever

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Good read. I think a lot of people really overlook the types of games Kassian and Hodgson play. Kassian is a bruiser, that is capable of decimating someone, and sniping geno's when he needs to. Cody is more of a finesse sort of player, and definitely plays the opposite end of the spectrum from Zack. I have always liked Zack and I am loving his start to the year. Expect more out of him playing with the Sedins.

Yep, they are both definitely opposite sides of the spectrum in style of play. I thought Cody would be a better match for Sedins because of his finesse, but, after the Duncan Keith incident last year, Sedins also need someone who can beat the crap out of anyone who tries that crap again, and Cody was not that type of player. Neither is Booth, actually. If Kassian can play with finesse and also intimidate other players, then Gillis will look like a genius. But it is only 3 games, a lot could happen between now and the Playoffs.

#24 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

well written my friend, but after 2 good games this place blows up and starts applying pressure on this kid. let him play his game, lay off him and thats how he will succeed.
Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#25 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,488 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

I'd prefer to see Higgins play topless. hummina hummina.

I guess we'll just have to retire Higgins number for you then. Jeesh, you try and so something nice for people these days. :lol:

wZEgqzy.png

#26 doctorkush

doctorkush

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

zack kassian Favorite player growing up was todd bertuzzi

Edited by doctorkush, 24 January 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#27 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

More like Cody Whodgson! Amirite! * high fives everyone on CDC *

#28 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm not cool with all the hate for Hodgson. We needed a power forward, Buffalo needed a center. Everyone's a winner! And we're supporting our expansion bros in their battle against Toronto and Boston. Hodgson is doing the Canucks' work out east, he's already beaten the Leafs once this season. The supposed bitterness between him and the management/coaching is just a cover story. We sent him over there to mess with our enemies, he's in deep cover. Don't worry about it.

Post of the year, +1

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#29 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Totally different players. Good luck to Cody.

The Canucks have needed a player like Kassian since Bertuzzi more than they needed a player like Hodgson.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#30 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

They will retire it while he is actually wearing it, and he will have to change numbers in between periods so he doesnt piss himself off.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.