The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Kassian-Cody Conundrum

goneforever

Good read. I think a lot of people really overlook the types of games Kassian and Hodgson play. Kassian is a bruiser, that is capable of decimating someone, and sniping geno's when he needs to. Cody is more of a finesse sort of player, and definitely plays the opposite end of the spectrum from Zack. I have always liked Zack and I am loving his start to the year. Expect more out of him playing with the Sedins.

Sorry GayCanuck, usually I really enjoy some of the material you post on your blog, but I feel like this topic has been beat to death. It was solidly written don't get me wrong, but since the trade deadline, all anybody talks about is the goaltender or Kassian vs. Hodgson. It's just... I don't know, stale I guess.

I'm not cool with all the hate for Hodgson. We needed a power forward, Buffalo needed a center. Everyone's a winner! And we're supporting our expansion bros in their battle against Toronto and Boston. Hodgson is doing the Canucks' work out east, he's already beaten the Leafs once this season. The supposed bitterness between him and the management/coaching is just a cover story. We sent him over there to mess with our enemies, he's in deep cover. Don't worry about it.

Star Wars analogy: when we traded Hodgson I was all like, "you were supposed to be the chosen one!" but then he became the villain instead. Well, we know how that ends, right? Hodgson is gonna throw Jeremy Jacobs down an elevator shaft at the Garden.

Good read, though I hate to be the grammar police:

As Kassian’s star began to rise last night with the first goal, and then the winning shutout goal, the cocky chorus of “Cody who?” and “Where are all those Cody lovers now?” grew even louder in the Twitterverse.

Might want to change it to "shootout" :)

Sorry GayCanuck, usually I really enjoy some of the material you post on your blog, but I feel like this topic has been beat to death. It was solidly written don't get me wrong, but since the trade deadline, all anybody talks about is the goaltender or Kassian vs. Hodgson. It's just... I don't know, stale I guess.

Good read, though I hate to be the grammar police:

As Kassian’s star began to rise last night with the first goal, and then the winning shutout goal, the cocky chorus of “Cody who?” and “Where are all those Cody lovers now?” grew even louder in the Twitterverse.

Might want to change it to "shootout" :)

Yes, I know the topic of Hodgson/Kassian has been bludgeoned to death. I just wish all these other bloggers and reporters would stop talking about one of my favorite topics. I just really liked Cody with the Canucks, and that's why I've written two posts about him, but they were a year apart at least. I promise to only write 6 more posts about it this season. Thanks for reading!

Archived