The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fantasy Hockey problem?

Primus099

This issue has been submitted to website/technical help address listed on canucks.com, but it seems nobody there really cares about the bugs in this pool. My suggestions is flood them with email complaints as many of these issues existed last year and they didnt care then either. the form to submit your complaint can be found here:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=39618

you might have to copy/paste the link into your browser, or at the bottom of canucks.com there is a "contact us" link that will get you there.

Very frustarting trying to get things fixed when nobody cares.

Who knows who runs it? they dont seem to want to communicate any info at all.

whoever "they" are. You the the "Vancouver Canucks" would be embarressed to have this on their website. And I dont think the "vancouver Canucks" would be pleased at how their fans are being treated by the people who upposedly run this pool.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Joe and I am the web developer working on the Canucks Fantasy Hockey application.

Just so everyone is on board with whats been going on lately, the Fantasy Hockey site went through a major overhaul over the summer. Pretty much almost everything was changed. It may not look like it as much from looking at it but there were a lot of unseen changes that happened in the background to make it more efficient.

The issues that we are having now are from a part of the code carried over from last years build. Its not a lot but its very crucial to how the stats get updated. I didn't have time to rebuild this section but I will now be updating it as I am starting to see some issues with it and how it was implemented.

I have built some functions that can help rebuild the stats tables manually quite accurately. The problem is when the stats tables are updated automatically there could be some issues. At the beginning of the year everyones stats were getting pulled in from the wrong season so I had to fix that. Once again this was due to code from last years build.

Another issue we are seeing is some games are not being recorded as completed on our end. This means that when the stats get updated, that game would not get calculated. This happened with the November 9th game against LA. I have manually set it as completed and did an update last night and it looks like the stats for that game are now showing. (Let me know if thats not the case).

I will be completely changing how the games stats get updated but I would have to ask for some patience as I do need to test things and make sure there are no errors when I update it to the live site. Hopefully all these issues will be cleared up soon.

As for the communication barrier, I was only aware that these forums existed recently. Also as I am not an employee for the Canucks so I don't see the support emails that come through on their contact forms. I will be checking this thread though for any issues from now on. I will discuss with the admins to maybe create a bugs/issues thread and features thread for further discussions to improve the Fantasy Hockey App.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Everyone,

My name is Joe and I am the web developer working on the Canucks Fantasy Hockey application.

Just so everyone is on board with whats been going on lately, the Fantasy Hockey site went through a major overhaul over the summer. Pretty much almost everything was changed. It may not look like it as much from looking at it but there were a lot of unseen changes that happened in the background to make it more efficient.

The issues that we are having now are from a part of the code carried over from last years build. Its not a lot but its very crucial to how the stats get updated. I didn't have time to rebuild this section but I will now be updating it as I am starting to see some issues with it and how it was implemented.

I have built some functions that can help rebuild the stats tables manually quite accurately. The problem is when the stats tables are updated automatically there could be some issues. At the beginning of the year everyones stats were getting pulled in from the wrong season so I had to fix that. Once again this was due to code from last years build.

Another issue we are seeing is some games are not being recorded as completed on our end. This means that when the stats get updated, that game would not get calculated. This happened with the November 9th game against LA. I have manually set it as completed and did an update last night and it looks like the stats for that game are now showing. (Let me know if thats not the case).

I will be completely changing how the games stats get updated but I would have to ask for some patience as I do need to test things and make sure there are no errors when I update it to the live site. Hopefully all these issues will be cleared up soon.

As for the communication barrier, I was only aware that these forums existed recently. Also as I am not an employee for the Canucks so I don't see the support emails that come through on their contact forms. I will be checking this thread though for any issues from now on. I will discuss with the admins to maybe create a bugs/issues thread and features thread for further discussions to improve the Fantasy Hockey App.

Cheers,

Joe

:huh:

Joe,

firstly let meTHANK-YOU VERY MUCH for responding!

we all enjoy playing this game, but there is much frustration with the bugs in this game.

We are ecstatic to hear that you are working on them.

When the obvious scoring bugs and serious issues are resolved, I would like to talk to you about keeping the roster up to date and

the cost or value of the players, the weighting , if you will. The cost of some players seems out of line. But these issues are minor compared to the scoring bugs etc.

Good luck in your endeavours to fix things up, and I hope you will be able to keep in communication with the players either on this forum, or better yet, find a means to post status messages on the game website itself.

When the obvious scoring bugs and serious issues are resolved, I would like to talk to you about keeping the roster up to date and

the cost or value of the players, the weighting , if you will. The cost of some players seems out of line. But these issues are minor compared to the scoring bugs etc.

I was actually just noticing the cost for some of the players. I am not really in charge of figuring that out but I can tell you if Sestito is worth 3 points and Tanev is worth only 1 then Tanev is a steal.

I have already written that down as a thing to fix. ;)

I stopped playing early last season, around March due to glitches, I will try it again next year maybe. Won a team signed stick the year that the Maple Leaf captain joined us at the half way mark, but alas he didn't sign it, lol. I was still very happy to win it and perhaps once the bugs are worked out I will enjoy the game again.

So the issue with the total games being played was just a wrong check. Basically when you save a roster for a game and the game hasn't started yet, that game got added to the total games played by the user. So although it looks like someone got credited for more games it didn't affect the scores because there were no points yet for it.

I have fixed this because it shouldn't be adding uncompleted games to the total.

Archived