Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dittohead

Muslims upset with LEGO Star Wars

100 posts in this topic

This scientific method was used to discover the identity of witches with amazing precision in medieval Europe. May I suggest that it might might be equally as effective in revealing the identity with today's modern day equivalent of the witch. The racist.

Might I be so bold as to suggest that we band of righteous brothers, pure of heart, capture this Lucas and submit him to the test!!!??

protip: Austria is a whole different country from Australia

Monty Python has an answer for absolutely everything .. as does George Carlin .. wisdom beyond belief .. thanks Keke ..

protip: Austria is a whole different country from Australia

Although I think that people are getting a bit out of hand here, you have to admit that Lucas was super racist. Some great examples:

1) Jar Jar: Gee that's nothing like a carribean accent.

2) The trade federation guys with Chinese accents and squinted eyes.

3) Watto: the gready merchant who just happens to have an over exagerated hook nose and a Yiddish accent.

4) The sand people: savages who wear robes in the dessert...hmmm..

And don't get me started on the Indy series.

1. That's not really racism. It's awful but not racism.

2. Again not racism.

3. Not racism but you could argue for stereotyping.

4.Is that what you think of when you think of them? If that's racism than you could argue that several movies and television shows are racist. Same can be said for the entire list really.

Not sure how you can argue that associating negative stereotypes with various ethnicities is not racist. I'm pretty sure that's the definition of racist.

This is by far the worst one:

gunray1.jpg

Hmmm...random guys with Asian features and clothes who have trouble pronouncing their R and Ws....Not sure why a trade official would be needing to wear the garb of a samurai, but apparently they do....and then they go around muttering phrases like:

"Oooooooooh, yor forgiva-ness, prease!" So racist.

I like the expanation that Lucas is just uncreative though, as oppossed to racist. He couldn't think up his own characters so he just relied on lame racist charicatures.

The building is a former cathedral that was turned into a mosque upon the Ottoman conquest of Constantinople, and a symbol of Islam's triumph over Christianity. Had it happened in reverse, Osama bin Laden would have blown it up a long time ago.

I'm muslim and I'm tired of hearing about muslims not likeing something. Seriously, people are entilted to free speach. Deal with it.

Do they not realize that Lego is just making it based off of the building in the movie? :picard:

If people are going to get mad about this, which they shouldn't, then at least get mad at the right people...

Not sure how you can argue that associating negative stereotypes with various ethnicities is not racist. I'm pretty sure that's the definition of racist.

This is by far the worst one:

gunray1.jpg

Hmmm...random guys with Asian features and clothes who have trouble pronouncing their R and Ws....Not sure why a trade official would be needing to wear the garb of a samurai, but apparently they do....and then they go around muttering phrases like:

"Oooooooooh, yor forgiva-ness, prease!" So racist.

I like the expanation that Lucas is just uncreative though, as oppossed to racist. He couldn't think up his own characters so he just relied on lame racist charicatures.

The building that wasn't hit by a plane yet contained countless top-secret government files and agencies along with the SEC and collapsed in perfect symmetry with free-fall speed into its own footprint.

What more; 41% of the fatalities in the Twin Towers came from two companies that managed U.S. government securities.

Those Muslims sure are impressive.

Too bad no-one in the free world cares what these clowns think. Don't like it?

Go back home then!

Your response is a good example of classical conditioning. I wonder, if I were to ring a bell, would you start salivating?

Your response is a good example of classical conditioning. I wonder, if I were to ring a bell, would you start salivating?