Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pasific Coluseum

The last small'ish forward to succeed here was BMO!

39 posts in this topic

The Canucks have a bad habit with unsuccessfully grooming young small forwards. Raymond, shirokov, Schroeder are busts who haven't lived up to their potential!

I think Schroeder did well for his first game. He should be able to get even better.

Bure was not small 5'11 and what 190lbs ?? smaller but not 5' 7 170lbs.. plus he had geno around so he could play like he was 6'6 340lbs.

If Schroeder was something like Ronning then I'd be very happy with him.

I like Cliff. He was a very smart player who used all of his assets to his best advantage. He scored 20+ goals in 4 out of the 6 seasons he played with teh Canucks, 5 if you count the partial season he split between the Canucks and the Blues.

regards,

G.

If this OP was printed out on a piece of toilet paper, I would not hesitate to wipe my hole with it.

this site funking blows worse then tron

this site funking blows worse then tron

Raymond scored 25 goals before destroying his back, nice try though.

Might as well join the rabble in condemning your post.

I wouldn't say a second round pick in his sixth NHL year (Raymond) could ever be called a bust.

I wouldn't say a first round pick who's only played one game, and played it well (Schroeder) could yet be called a bust. I'm not even entirely convinced Shirokov could be called a bust, just a disappointment.

Really missing the minus button lately...

Actually no, Raymond scored 25 goals, then had an absolute garbage year in which he destroyed his back at the end of.

Nice try though.

bure wasnt that small... the guy was built like a tank

Shrikov 6th rounder, Raymond 2nd rounder playing on our 2nd line, Schroeder to young to call a bust.

Rahimi, White, Ellington and who could forget Marc Andre Bernier. All 1st/2nd rounders over 6'1". Big guys; bigger busts.

Other teams have been drafting big guys like Steve Bernier and Taylor Pyatt in the 1st round for years. Hardly a sure thing for top line success.

Shrikov 6th rounder, Raymond 2nd rounder playing on our 2nd line, Schroeder to young to call a bust.

Rahimi, White, Ellington and who could forget Marc Andre Bernier.  All 1st/2nd rounders over 6'1".  Big guys; bigger busts.

Other teams have been drafting big guys like Steve Bernier and Taylor Pyatt in the 1st round for years.  Hardly a sure thing for top line success.

Bure was tough as nails for his style of play; remember that elbow?

I also loved watching Ronning and was sad to see him leave. BMo kind of reminded me of him a little. Guy could play in any situation with any players and not be a liability. Huge heart and a Vancouver native.

It's far too early to call Schroeder a bust.