5 replies to this topic

#1 Joker26

Joker26

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Does anyone know if there's any drop-in floor/ball hockey in Vancouver or Burnaby community centers?

If so, how was your experience there?

#2 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Uh...go to Craiglist. :)
Posted Image

#3 Joker26

Joker26

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I dont think community centers advertise ball hockey on craigslist.

#4 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,658 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

John Braithwaite Community Center in North Van used to have a drop in on Tuesday evenings. Not sure if they still do but it was pretty fun. I'm a girl but the boys used to make me tend goal for them a few times :) Might be worth it to call them and ask.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#5 coleman26

coleman26

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

I've never been so embarrassed by my level of conditioning as I was the first few games that I played ball hockey. It's a humbling workout.

#6 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,658 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

I've never been so embarrassed by my level of conditioning as I was the first few games that I played ball hockey. It's a humbling workout.

Yeah it'll do that to u eh! Even for ice hockey players, it's a different ballgame to have no ice to glide on. It's a fantastic workout for sure even for me as a goalie. The reflexes, the agility, and the groins definitely get put through their paces lol
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.