billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:41 PM

to la: hjalmarsson, 3rd pick 2013

to chi: bernier

hjalmarsson fits well into the kings system and with greenes season ending injury they need a d-man badly

bernier gets a chance to be the starter and grow as a no.1 puck stopper

nothing much to it, i just think it makes sense for both sides

Edited by billabong, 24 January 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

#2 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

So, is Vancouver getting Bernier?
Posted Image

#3 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Good trade!
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#4 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Crawford = Bernier

#5 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Crawford is pretty much equal to Bernier, but it could make either goalie play harder to get the number 1 job.

#6 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Crawford = Bernier

Kassian = Bertuzzi
Schroeder = Morrison
Jensen = Naslund

AM I DOING IT RIGHT?!

/=S=/

#7 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

So, is Vancouver getting Bernier?

What.
Why do you possess zero common sense.
Posted Image

#8 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

What.
Why do you possess zero common sense.

Common sense is what.... posting a Hawks-Kings trade in a Canucks forum?

Also, LAK would not trade a fine, young backup goalie for just Hjalmarsson. I'm assuming that's another "ideal" version of common sense.
Posted Image

#9 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Also, LAK would not trade a fine, young backup goalie for just Hjalmarsson. I'm assuming that's another "ideal" version of common sense.

lol.
It's the Proposals and ArmChair GMing section of the forum, there is no rule in place where it HAS to be Canuck trades.
Also, Hjmarlsson is a perfect top 4 D, and the Kings have Quick.
Don't try and sound smart, you're bad at it.

Edited by Machine Gun Kelly, 24 January 2013 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,254 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Proposals involving any team are welcome. I'm pretty sure you don't know who Hjalmarsson is when you say 'just Hjalmarsson." Niklas is a very solid top 4 D man and is an amazing shot blocker, he would fit in perfectly in LA's system.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 24 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#11 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

lol.
It's the Proposals and ArmChair GMing section of the forum, there is no rule in place where it HAS to be Canuck trades.
Also, Hjmarlsson is a perfect top 4 D, and the Kings have Quick.
Don't try and sound smart, you're bad at it.

Don't even....try. :picard: That's just a bad attempt to provoke a person....

Anyways, you're right that the Kings have Quick. They have a top D, such as Doughty, as well.
Hjalmarsson is a good D-man; I'm aware. However, the Kings have played only 3 or 4 games into the season, and they do not need to spend an important asset, such as Bernier, to acquire a good D-man. As the season progresses, they will slowly find their groove again.
Posted Image

#12 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Proposals involving any team are welcome. I'm pretty sure you don't know who Hjalmarsson is when you say 'just Hjalmarsson." Niklas is a very solid top 4 D man and is an amazing shot blocker, he would fit in perfectly in LA's system.

Instead of giving away Bernier for temporary, defensive relief, which is quite unnecessary, given the presence of Doughty and Quick, I think the team would use Quick and Bernier wisely to consolidate the Kings' defensive unit, where Greene is absent.
Posted Image

#13 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Anyways, you're right that the Kings have Quick. They have a top D, such as Doughty, as well.
Hjalmarsson is a good D-man; I'm aware. However, the Kings have played only 3 or 4 games into the season, and they do not need to spend an important asset, such as Bernier, to acquire a good D-man. As the season progresses, they will slowly find their groove again.

Provoke you? I'm proving you wrong, with logical reasoning.
How many games do you honestly think Bernier will play, my guess is 5.
Posted Image

#14 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Doughty isn't exactly known for his defensive prowess though, having someone like Hjalmarsson in the top four would be great. Especially when one of your best defensive defenders in Mitchell has a history of injuries.

Instead of giving away Bernier for temporary, defensive relief, which is quite unnecessary, given the presence of Doughty and Quick, I think the team would use Quick and Bernier wisely to consolidate the Kings' defensive unit, where Greene is absent.

Again, Doughty is not a defensive defenseman. While Greene is gone, the team needs depth. If Quick plays like he's able to, why would you have an asset rotting on the bench in Bernier when he could bring something better to your team.

Edited by BananaMash, 24 January 2013 - 10:04 PM.

Posted Image

#15 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Provoke you? I'm proving you wrong, with logical reasoning.
How many games do you honestly think Bernier will play, my guess is 5.

It depends, actually. LA Kings are 0-2-1, and who knows if the team will struggle even up to midway into the season?
Bernier might be of necessity; however, all in all, given the fact he is a young, budding goaltender, starting him often or not starting him often both provides interest from other NHL teams.
Posted Image

#16 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

It depends, actually. LA Kings are 0-2-1, and who knows if the team will struggle even up to midway into the season?
Bernier might be of necessity; however, all in all, given the fact he is a young, budding goaltender, starting him often or not starting him often both provides interest from other NHL teams.

Yeah, I heard Curtis Sanford grew a lot of interest from other teams when he played here.
Turning 25, with a total of 48 NHL games played.
I wouldn't exactly call that young and budding.

Edited by Machine Gun Kelly, 24 January 2013 - 10:07 PM.

Posted Image

#17 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

How does not playing draw interest from other teams? That's like buying a car based on it's name, not knowing how it looks or how it drives.

Posted Image

#18 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Yeah, I heard Curtis Sanford grew a lot of interest from other teams when he played here.
Turning 25, with a total of 48 NHL games played.
I wouldn't exactly call that young and budding.

My point is that interest for Bernier can place his value higher than just Hjalmarsson and 3rd.
Since an average(or some say, below average) goaltender like Sanford draws interest from other teams, how much interest would other NHL teams have for Bernier?
Posted Image

#19 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

My point is that interest for Bernier can place his value higher than just Hjalmarsson and 3rd.
Since an average(or some say, below average) goaltender like Sanford draws interest from other teams, how much interest would other NHL teams have for Bernier?

Their values are unrelated. Sanford would be brought in most likely to be a backup. A goalie like Bernier is brought in with the hope that he could be a starter. You can't relate the fact that teams want to trade for Sanford making Bernier's value higher. That doesn't stop the fact that Bernier is nothing more than a "maybe" starter, which hurts his value in the end.

Posted Image

#20 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

How does not playing draw interest from other teams? That's like buying a car based on it's name, not knowing how it looks or how it drives.

Goaltenders not playing generate less interest than those who are active; however, some NHL teams can sense that the ones not playing can potentially be a good, active goalie, once they join their organizations. Your question can be answered in a more detailed manner, if you contact one of the general managers in any NHL team.
Posted Image

#21 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Their values are unrelated. Sanford would be brought in most likely to be a backup. A goalie like Bernier is brought in with the hope that he could be a starter. You can't relate the fact that teams want to trade for Sanford making Bernier's value higher. That doesn't stop the fact that Bernier is nothing more than a "maybe" starter, which hurts his value in the end.

He is a "maybe" starter, but other GMs might think he can potentially become a starting goaltender, given his young age.
Posted Image

#22 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I was being completely sarcastic, nobody had interest for Sanford.
Not playing at all = no interest.

And no, a top 4 defenseman is more than fair value for Bernier.
Posted Image

#23 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Goaltenders not playing generate less interest than those who are active; however, some NHL teams can sense that the ones not playing can potentially be a good, active goalie, once they join their organizations. Your question can be answered in a more detailed manner, if you contact one of the general managers in any NHL team.

You're arguing the same point as me... You said he'd garner interest whether or not he played, I said that it will be less if he doesn't play, and then you confirm while still trying to argue with me. I don't get it? The only teams who will want him for not playing is exactly what you said, a team who's willing to take a risk on him being a starter. It certainly hurts his value and trade appeal if doesn't play.

Your question can be answered in a more detailed manner, if you contact one of the general managers in any NHL team.

Don't talk down to me AllKill, it's not called for.

He is a "maybe" starter, but other GMs might think he can potentially become a starting goaltender, given his young age.

That's exactly what a "maybe starter" would be. Again, you're arguing the same point I just made.

Edited by BananaMash, 24 January 2013 - 10:17 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,199 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I think it is a good deal.

Although after listening to the Panel, I am convinced if Bernier is going they will want a certain type of top 4 defenseman that brings specific elements.

I don't know if Hjalmarrsson wouldn't fit what they are looking for, it might work but I think they might look at getting something a bit better, do I agree it is fair proposition? Eh, no I think this deal is close valuewise, but the price for Bernier is set pretty high for an unproven goalie who isn't capable of being a full time starter IMO.

It basically just comes down to preference in the type of defenseman LA is looking for.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 24 January 2013 - 10:23 PM.

zackass.png

#25 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

You're arguing the same point as me... You said he'd garner interest whether or not he played, I said that it will be less if he doesn't play, and then you confirm while still trying to argue with me. I don't get it? The only teams who will want him for not playing is exactly what you said, a team who's willing to take a risk on him being a starter. It certainly hurts his value and trade appeal if doesn't play.

The teams that think Bernier is a potential starter will not pay a cheap price to acquire him. Now, I'm not saying the price will be high, but it will not be cheap. One can take into account the factor that Bernier is a needed backup for LA Kings. The Kings have been playing exceptionally, since last year's playoffs, thanks to Quick. If Quick becomes injured in the midst of this season and Bernier traded, there will be no other goaltender, who can fill the role of a starting goaltender. The situation becomes worse, if the injury occurs, during Greene's injury.

Don't talk down to me AllKill, it's not called for.

I'm not sure how I did that, actually...
Posted Image

#26 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

I think it is a decent deal.

Although after listening to the Panel, I am convinced if Bernier is going they will want a certain type of top 4 defenseman that brings specific elements.

I don't know if Hjalmarrsson wouldn't fit what they are looking for, it might work but I think they might look at getting something a bit better, do I agree it is fair proposition? Eh, no I think this deal is close valuewise, but the price for Bernier is set pretty high for an unproven goalie who isn't capable of being a full time starter IMO.

Given the fact that LAK is a defensively-minded team with the presence of Quick and Doughty, if they were to try and acquire Hjalmarsson, would they not try trading Simon Gagne and slightly more, since the salaries of Gagne and Hjalmarsson are almost the same? Chicago would gain offense and depth, whereas, LA solidifies their defense with not only Hjalmarsson, but also with Bernier still in LA.
Posted Image

#27 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Given the fact that LAK is a defensively-minded team with the presence of Quick and Doughty, if they were to try and acquire Hjalmarsson, would they not try trading Simon Gagne and slightly more, since the salaries of Gagne and Hjalmarsson are almost the same? Chicago would gain offense and depth, whereas, LA solidifies their defense with not only Hjalmarsson, but also with Bernier still in LA.

Why do you feel like Doughty is a defensive player? Explain.

Posted Image

#28 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Doughty and defensive should never be put together in a sentence, let alone a paragraph.
Posted Image

#29 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

"The best defense is a good offense."
Posted Image

#30 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

"The best defense is a good offense."

No, bad time for that analogy.
You were comparing him as a good defensive guy, when in reality he is an offensive minded guy, who is terrible in his own end.

Edited by Machine Gun Kelly, 24 January 2013 - 10:33 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.