#31 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

"The best defense is a good offense."

So when you tell me that LA is a defensively minded team because of Doughty, you're actually telling me they're a good offensive team because of Doughty. So I guess adding a defensive player makes sense now?

Your argument has more holes than swiss cheese.

Posted Image

#32 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Given the fact that LAK is a defensively-minded team with the presence of Quick and Doughty, if they were to try and acquire Hjalmarsson, would they not try trading Simon Gagne and slightly more, since the salaries of Gagne and Hjalmarsson are almost the same? Chicago would gain offense and depth, whereas, LA solidifies their defense with not only Hjalmarsson, but also with Bernier still in LA.

I think Hjalmarsson is worth more. The whole point of this is to take away a significant piece from both sides to add a big need to both side, not to add a need to one side and add unneeded depth to the other.

Whats your proposal though?

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 24 January 2013 - 10:34 PM.

zackass.png

#33 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Whats your proposal though?

From what I've gathered from AllKill: The Kings are good defensively because they're horrible defensively and good on offense because of Doughty. So they should keep Bernier in case Quick gets hurt, but they should also trade Bernier for more than what this proposal offers.

Wrap your head around it.

Posted Image

#34 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

From what I've gathered from AllKill: The Kings are good defensively because they're horrible defensively and good on offense because of Doughty. So they should keep Bernier in case Quick gets hurt, but they should also trade Bernier for more than what this proposal offers.

Wrap your head around it.

Yeah when you say it like that I am lost too.

Doughty does have issues defensively, so they should use Bernier to get a good top 4 guy, but they have to get the right defenseman and not hit the panic button cause they have some injuries as they have put alot of time into him and have been really patient in waiting for the right deal.

zackass.png

#35 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

So when you tell me that LA is a defensively minded team because of Doughty, you're actually telling me they're a good offensive team because of Doughty. So I guess adding a defensive player makes sense now?

Your argument has more holes than swiss cheese.

I meant a good defense sprouts from a good offense. Doughty is an offensively-minded defensement, who produces points for the team, while he supports Quick. Adding a defensive player, however, is not overly necessary, given the fact Quick is solid in net, and with Bernier, the Kings' defensive core seems to be even more secure.
Posted Image

#36 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

I meant a good defense sprouts from a good offense. Doughty is an offensively-minded defensement, who produces points for the team, while he supports Quick. Adding a defensive player, however, is not overly necessary, given the fact Quick is solid in net, and with Bernier, the Kings' defensive core seems to be even more secure.

Yes, but you were originally trying to say the Kings were a defensively minded team because of Doughty. If they're defensively relying on a good offense, that makes them an offensive minded team. You contradicted yourself.

Posted Image

#37 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

to la: hjalmarsson, 3rd pick 2013

to chi: bernier

hjalmarsson fits well into the kings system and with greenes season ending injury they need a d-man badly

bernier gets a chance to be the starter and grow as a no.1 puck stopper

nothing much to it, i just think it makes sense for both sides

I might has done this trade before the season started but not now, Hjalmarsson is playing like a beast lately and I wouldn't want to see him go. I see the rational behind this trade, Chicago needs goaltending and LA needs defense. But the way Chicago's playing right now it's hard to pick any player we'll want to give up.

rundblad3_zpsc5e56154.png

#38 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Their values are unrelated. Sanford would be brought in most likely to be a backup. A goalie like Bernier is brought in with the hope that he could be a starter. You can't relate the fact that teams want to trade for Sanford making Bernier's value higher. That doesn't stop the fact that Bernier is nothing more than a "maybe" starter, which hurts his value in the end.

maybe starter wont get a top d liek hjlmarson

#39 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • 12,136 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

maybe starter wont get a top d liek hjlmarson

I'm not even sure how to respond to this, because I can't read it. I'll get my 7 year old stepbrother to translate and get back to you later.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.