The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grabner, Hodgson, next Shroeder

Lemieux

Michael Gillis is anti-youth. He doesn't like talent. He likes Volpatti. You know, guys without much talent.

Grabner had shown flashes of brilliance before the dreaded trade to Florida. Look at the skills he has now. That one timer against the Laffs tonight was terrific.

Hodgson is flourishing. He is a valuable right handed shot. His blast against Thomas in the Bruins game was Yzerman-esque. And he was dealt for Zack Kassian. Kassian is not in the same league as Hodgson, unfortunately.

The next talent that they have is Schroeder. He will probably be packaged with Luongo down to Florida.

Fire Michael Gillis.

I remember the team giving Grabner a lot of chances to show why he deserves a spot in the top 6, as for the whole CoHo-Kassian topic, Coho wanted out, his Dad was too involved in his pro career, and in order to give him the minutes/role he thought he should be getting, we'd either need to move Kes, or Hank (just because CoHo wanted 1st or 2nd line centre roll.

I'm happy with Kass! hope his good play continues!

Never mind Schroeder ( although he looks like a players that's better in the NHL than the AHL ) think of this line up in the future Gaunce between Kassian and Jensen, that serious beef and hopefully add in Archibald and LaBatte. On defense Corrado, McNally, Anderson and Connauton and in goal Lack. Could be a lot worse

I dont think we will hear anything about Kassian's dad calling and whining about ice time. I don' think you will ever see Cody go toe to toe with Eager and live. I don't think you will see Cody outscore Kassian - at least so long as Kass is on the top line. I don't think you will see Cody out hit Kassian. Besides with Kesler and Hank, there is no spot for Cody. I would not put him in over Lappy and he is not a 4th line guy - besides his daddy would have a fit and start calling up Harper to bitch.

Kassquatch >>>> Coho

Mike Gillis doesn't hate rookies. Theres just no space for them on the incredibly talented canucks team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Schroder gets traded because we arent the Edmonton oilers we're not rebuilding right now. We're going for the cup and to do that we need as much established players as possible. Although the Michael Grabner trade wasn't very good, we still got a good 3rd pairing D from it. and Zack Kassian for Cody Hodgson, was an awsome trade , you can't say he doesn't like rookies and use the CoHo for Kass trade as an example it was a rookie for rookie trade.

sedin-sedin-kassian

booth-kesler-burrows

higgins-lappiere-hansen

volpatti-malhotra-weise

Honestly I dont even think theres enough room for Mason Raymond on the line up.

Zach Kassian, the way he is playing right now, is exactly what Vancouver needs... A big, tough, hard-hitting power forward who can score and is willing to mix it up. We did not need another soft centre like Hodgson, period, whether he wanted to be here or not.

If Kassian continues to improve, look out. Neely, anyone? A Tim Kerr who can fight? Frank Mahovlich-ish?

Finally, CoHo threads are going to be part of our board for decades. Get over it! Let the freakin' blind fanboys have their whinge and their whine... It's all good.

Maybe one day Kassian will score half of his goals with his bum like Hodgson does, he can only dream.

Edit: Just watched the highlights of the Buffalo/Carolina game and man, Hodgson's giveaways or blown coverages led to like 2 goals and another chance or two. He's good on the power play but I'm much happier with Kass and his play of late.

Michael Gillis is anti-youth. He doesn't like talent. He likes Volpatti. You know, guys without much talent.

Grabner had shown flashes of brilliance before the dreaded trade to Florida. Look at the skills he has now. That one timer against the Laffs tonight was terrific.

Hodgson is flourishing. He is a valuable right handed shot. His blast against Thomas in the Bruins game was Yzerman-esque. And he was dealt for Zack Kassian. Kassian is not in the same league as Hodgson, unfortunately.

The next talent that they have is Schroeder. He will probably be packaged with Luongo down to Florida.

Fire Michael Gillis.

why must people hate on one player in order to praise the other one?

Both Kassian and Hodgson are good players, and each player is valued different depending on what team he's in.

I am sick and tired of seeing people on cdc bashing either one of the players because they like the other one.

As for Grabner he's also a pretty good scorer with a lot of room of improvment. It won't be suprise to see him being a consistent 20-25 goal player and occasionally 30+ goal in his future career.

As a Sabres fan, I'd say you guys did OK on this one. If it were up to me I'd take Kassian back for Hodgson in a heartbeat. Players like Kassian are rare, whereas soft, defensively liable centers are all too common. Hodgson has scored a few goals but he doesn't bring that same sense that something cool is going to happen every time he hits the ice. Kassian can score, fight well, check well, and is great along the wall. Assuming he keeps up his play, I think you guys did great! I'd love to see a Buffalo vs Vancouver Stanley cup final someday, but the way things look in Buffalo after the last couple games, which were totally pathetic efforts, I'd say it's a toss up if Buffalo even makes the playoffs....

Mike Gillis doesn't hate rookies. Theres just no space for them on the incredibly talented canucks team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Schroder gets traded because we arent the Edmonton oilers we're not rebuilding right now. We're going for the cup and to do that we need as much established players as possible. Although the Michael Grabner trade wasn't very good, we still got a good 3rd pairing D from it. and Zack Kassian for Cody Hodgson, was an awsome trade , you can't say he doesn't like rookies and use the CoHo for Kass trade as an example it was a rookie for rookie trade.

sedin-sedin-kassian

booth-kesler-burrows

higgins-lappiere-hansen

volpatti-malhotra-weise

Honestly I dont even think theres enough room for Mason Raymond on the line up.

I think Schroeder will end up in an even worse situation than Hodson. Hank and Kes are here for at least 4 more years and now we have Gaunce coming up. Jordon needs to switch over to his wing, or he will be playing for the Wolves indefinately.

This is such an important time for Schroeder to showcase his abilities right now. If he continues to prove that he is an NHL player, he will probably be traded within the next two years (unless he can switch over to wing). Like Hodson, Jordon will have a better chance at playing top 6 on another team.

i wouldn't say Kass>Hodgson right now.. at least not yet.. he might in the future but not at the moment. Hodgson is at least for the moment proving he can score and produce on a consistent basis. Kassian probably brings more to the table in terms of size and toughness, but whether he can be consistent remains to be seen. He's playing great right now though so hope he keeps it up.

Archived