143 replies to this topic

#31 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Michael Gillis is anti-youth. He doesn't like talent. He likes Volpatti. You know, guys without much talent.

Grabner had shown flashes of brilliance before the dreaded trade to Florida. Look at the skills he has now. That one timer against the Laffs tonight was terrific.

Hodgson is flourishing. He is a valuable right handed shot. His blast against Thomas in the Bruins game was Yzerman-esque. And he was dealt for Zack Kassian. Kassian is not in the same league as Hodgson, unfortunately.

The next talent that they have is Schroeder. He will probably be packaged with Luongo down to Florida.

Fire Michael Gillis.

Posted Image

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#32 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,313 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Pie. I like pie.

#33 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,416 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

I love how Grabner's name was non-existent on CDC for the entire 2011/2012 season because he sucked.
But when he has a good game, all of a sudden he's good again and we should have kept him.
Come on Bi-polar much?

Subbancopy.jpg

#34 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

You are beyond stupid.
Kassian > Hodgson, do you know what this team needs?
A big right wing who can create space and stick up for the Twins, Hodgson won't to that.
Character was also a big problem, Kassian is a easy to like guy that will go the extra mile for the team, Eager?

Grabner was garbage here, lazy, not producing. Hell, he was put on waivers by Florida, and he had one good season so don't say he's good.

no Grabner wasn't good... its called potential mate.... as young players have it and our coach hates it.... our coach is lazy and has no emotion to him or this team,, and the failure shows it..... we do piss away great potential.. not just in this era but in the past... hence cam neely. ugg gillis has done a great job and now has to get rid of the coach.... Gillis knows the fans here are brutal but enough time has past and he has to see that there is no fire in these guys.....
Posted Image

#35 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Lol
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#36 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

YUP. Dealing his first draft pick as a Canuck for a YOUNGER rookie, definitely anti-youth

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#37 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Shroeder? I do not know of this Shroeder.
Posted Image

#38 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Posted Image

I love how Grabner's name was non-existent on CDC for the entire 2011/2012 season because he sucked.
But when he has a good game, all of a sudden he's good again and we should have kept him.
Come on Bi-polar much?

Non-existent? someones being a bit arrogant here.

You can look at my past posts from years back till now and you'll see that I've always hated the Grabner trade.

Plus we played the Islanders last year and Grabner was mentioned many times in that thread, kthxbai. ;)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#39 doctorkush

doctorkush

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

They should trade Luongo, Kassian and Raymond for Justin Schultz.
Then make him our 7th dman and tell him to get bent, just to spite him.
Then trade Kesler for Hodgson (cause Kesler's useless anyways)
Then fire AV
Then fire MG
Then trade the Canucks to Memphis in return for the Grizzlies back.
Then fire the Aquilini's.

you cant fire the aquilini's lol

#40 Mr. Logic

Mr. Logic

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

The OP's post obviously wasn't well thought out, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little leery as well. Gillis has so far traded away the Canucks' first round pick in 2006 (Grabner), 2007 (White, but who the frick cares?) and in 2008 (Hodgson). He got Kassian for Hodgson so he's getting value back, but I would like to finally see a bit more patience with the Canucks' home grown youth. Trading Grabner, especially, was a huge mistake.

In hindsight, you can argue that the Grabner trade was a mistake. However, you can't forget that everyone has been crying for bigger, more physical players on the top two lines. Do you really think he could be that guy? No one would ever consider putting him on a line with the Sedins, and the second line would get manhandled with Raymond, Kesler, and Grabner in the playoffs. Grabner was traded because he is less capable defensively and physically than Raymond.
So, he was in put into a package to acquire Ballard. This was to fill a void on the Canucks blue-line. Don't forget that at the time of the trade, Bieksa had just had two injury plagued seasons and one in which he was a constant defensive liability. At the time, it looked like he was on his way out.
Hodgson wanted out and Kassian is not only younger, but also a better fit for this team. Furthermore, don't forget that Tanev has been given every chance to play. I also expect Jensen to get a decent chance in the near future. Probably next year.
Schroeder is now getting his chance but after his drop of production in his final year of College and his lack of dominance in the AHL, I'm not surprised that it took him a little longer than expected to make his first appearance in the NHL. Not to mention that size has always been a concern for JS.
AV's unwillingness to play younger players has more to do with this team's desire to win now and several years of less than exemplary drafting than an actual disdain for youth. Drafting lower in the draft order means that you have to choose "projects" which typically take longer to develop.

#41 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Stupid thread.

#42 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Posted Image

#43 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,218 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Wow, you can post some youtube clips, doesn't that prove a lot.

To be fair, he did present the undeniable fact that he had 7 points in 11 games. So he was better than you think.

So there were flashes but I don't have any complaints, he just didn't fit here.

The OP's post obviously wasn't well thought out, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little leery as well. Gillis has so far traded away the Canucks' first round pick in 2006 (Grabner), 2007 (White, but who the frick cares?) and in 2008 (Hodgson). He got Kassian for Hodgson so he's getting value back, but I would like to finally see a bit more patience with the Canucks' home grown youth. Trading Grabner, especially, was a huge mistake.

I don't think it was a mistake, I think it is unfortunant Ballard didn't live up to expectations but it was a need and Grabner had no place on this team, would have been lost to waivers either way IMO, or else would have just requested a trade.

Unfortunatly we are a victim of our own success when it comes to prospects, we have to trade some of them because they don't fit in, with Grabs he just didn't have a spot here, with Cody there was no room for him moving forward and he didn't wanna be here, and even if drafting we are a victim of our success as we have drafted later on and while I think our prospects are a bit better than alot think they tend to take longer to develop.

I don't see Schroeder as the next one though, he is more versatile and I don't think he will take things for granted as he has had to overcome things his entire career, he will just take what he can get (A 3C role) Then play as well as he can and build into a better player and earn a better spot on this team which I think he eventually will.

Not to worried about this trend continuing personally.

zackass.png

#44 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,416 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Non-existent? someones being a bit arrogant here.

You can look at my past posts from years back till now and you'll see that I've always hated the Grabner trade.

Plus we played the Islanders last year and Grabner was mentioned many times in that thread, kthxbai. ;)

In the 2010-2011 season there was a long thread dedicated to Grabner. Filled with posters calling him god and that we traded the next Bure.

There wasn't a trace of that last season.

If he scores 30 again, he will be Bure again, take that to the bank.

Subbancopy.jpg

#45 Joker26

Joker26

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

If you like Hodgson so much follow him and the sabres.
If you like Grabner so much watch him and the islanders.
go away....

#46 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,936 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Come on Bi-polar much?

He still scored 20 goals and 32 points last year.

When Gillis made the Ballard deal, i wasnt happy with it either because it felt like he just wanted to make a splash at the draft.

Perhaps he didnt think we'd get Hamhuis so he made that deal, but still, the deal was bad, and the fact that we added a 1st (Howden) makes it worst.

MG has done ok in his trades, but this deal is one that he'd probably like to do over.

#47 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,819 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

I often wonder if some Canuck fans actually even watch any of the games/seasons/playoffs? It is so obvious what this team is: role players top three to bottom three to D to goalie. CoHo/Grabner did not fit on this team and had many issues/baggage to boot. Kassian=the big, tough, fighting power forward this team has always wanted and, sorry, how old is he?! Sorry for all you JS fans out there, but, yes, he will prob be going the other way in a trade. He doesn't really fit on this team either. Uggh, I wish I could think for some people sometimes, this is one of those times.

P.S How well has our team done in the last how many years? Game 7 of the SCF if I recall and last yr our best goal scorer was out for the end of the season and most of round 1, where it was too late when he arrived b/c Quick was already on fire. This team is a contender every year and if you think that CoHo/Grabner would make us that much better... well...

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#48 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

i wouldn't say Kass>Hodgson right now.. at least not yet.. he might in the future but not at the moment. Hodgson is at least for the moment proving he can score and produce on a consistent basis. Kassian probably brings more to the table in terms of size and toughness, but whether he can be consistent remains to be seen. He's playing great right now though so hope he keeps it up.

CDC trashing all the ex canucks? what's new? when they are here they are praised off the roof when playing well.. the moment they hit a slump or gets traded they are a worthless sack of sh!t that isn't good enough. Well at least even blindfolded they are still better than us on cdc.

and coho is on the first line picking up pitty points while vanek and pomonnville dangle.

meanwhile kassian is turning the tide for this team....hmm who's having a bigger impact?

lol

head

out

of

your.....?

#49 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,860 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Hodgson DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE. It is really that simple, this kid would not have been traded otherwise,
Way to make a pointless thread without considering circumstances. Smasshian Kassian

Way to make pointless arguments without considering you have zero credibility when you have zero evidence as support.
Grabner is looking good.So is Shirokov.So is Hodgson.They would all look like world-beaters playing with two of the best players in the game on their line,as well.

#50 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

I find it amazing, after watching the way Kassian has played thus far that people in vancouver have the stupidity to make comments re coho v kassian.

I really see why people hate vancouver fans...

"they traded ma cody! i want ma cody!"

"moooooom!!!! Can i get my allowance and borrow the bmw, I have a date tonight with another trust fund hottie, I gotta impress her!"

#51 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

obviously the OP is nothing but a troll.........I say we fire him aka banned him

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#52 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,860 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

I think some CDC members should google and acquaint themselves with the concept called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
Any of you that do not,I am of the mind that I shall have the final say in that I decide you have not learned the concept and therefore can ban whomever of you that I so choose.

For all of you with no idea or care for the concept ;
The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice".

Edited by nuck nit, 25 January 2013 - 12:07 AM.

#53 doctorkush

doctorkush

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

why dont the "stupid" canucks fans who only watch the game some times and never read about the canucks. They dont understand that your lil BIT*H COHO dint wanna play for the canucks him and his dad wanted him to get traded. if your gonna post something about the canucks plz plz do your research then say something :picard: :sadno: :angry:

#54 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

I think the op has a point, that's that youth is not given the chance that it should on this team. You can't chop it up to we are too good a team, you can't stay a good team unless you play your young players (Detroit).

And yet, the average age Detroit players has been, and still is higher than that of the Canucks.

http://www.quanthock..._AverageAge.php

Currently, the Canucks average almost half a year younger than Detroit. This is the case even with Lidstrom (42), Hudler (29), Conklin (36) and Holmstrom (40) (amongst others) retiring or leaving the Wings (although they did add 36 year old Samuelsson back in). The Wings have three guys 24 or younger on their current roster: Emmerton, Lashoff, Smith.

The Canucks lost Salo and if they can be included, Sturm and Samuelsson (for the few games they played). The Canucks will likely get younger still when the assumed Luongo trade happens. The Canucks are playing younger players like Kassian, Tanev and Schroeder.

How did Detroit stay a good team? Was it because they kept bringing through young talent, or was it because they were riding the old guard of Lidstrom and company? I suspect it is more about the latter than the former. They have some good players in that group between the youngsters and the old guard, but there aren't many (other than perhaps Quincey?) who have shown that they are close to being in the same class as those aging veterans.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#55 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,218 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Hodgson DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE. It is really that simple, this kid would not have been traded otherwise,
Way to make a pointless thread without considering circumstances. Smasshian Kassian

Way to make pointless arguments without considering you have zero credibility when you have zero evidence as support.
Grabner is looking good.So is Shirokov.So is Hodgson.They would all look like world-beaters playing with two of the best players in the game on their line,as well.

Zero evidence to support? Are you still banging the drum that Cody didn't want out :lol: If so get a clue, it's painfully clear if you have the ability to read between the lines, and ever read the lines in some cases, he wanted out.

For the record, I like Shirokov and I think he should have been given a better shot, but Grabner had no chance of being on the roster.

This was our projected roster heading into the year, we were hoping Cody would be ready for 3rd line duties, part of the reason we acquired Manny in particular as he can play LW which was a huge factor.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Sammuelsson
Malhotra - Hodgson - Hansen

Now you tell me where Grabner would have fit in??? Raymond and Sammuelsson both came off career years, not there, he can't play center and we wanted to get gritter with Malhotra and Hansen, so not on the 3rd either, and he just doesn't work on the 4th line, plus he has a 1 way deal, so he would have been waive and claimed by NYI and we would have got NOTHING in return.

And I don't think any of those players could play with the Sedins like Kassian can, part of the reason it is so successful is because of Kassian's size and power, you would think just anyone could play there but it isn't the case. Cody is the least likely as he would be pushed around and he is a playmaker not a finisher anyways, Grabner and Shiro might work but niether bring the strength and power Kassian does, or the grit and hockey sense that Burrows does.

Not just anyone works with them, and now I would like to hear how you think Grabs and Cody could have worked here.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 25 January 2013 - 12:16 AM.

zackass.png

#56 canucktican

canucktican

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

#57 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

He still scored 20 goals and 32 points last year.

When Gillis made the Ballard deal, i wasnt happy with it either because it felt like he just wanted to make a splash at the draft.

Perhaps he didnt think we'd get Hamhuis so he made that deal, but still, the deal was bad, and the fact that we added a 1st (Howden) makes it worst.

MG has done ok in his trades, but this deal is one that he'd probably like to do over.

At the time of the trade, Grabner was redundant...it was him or Raymond that had to be moved, and Raymond was coming off of his break out season. Grabner was also categorized as one-dimensional and lacking in professionalism when it came to effort and conditioning, which in my opinion was an accurate assessment at the time. No one could have predicted Raymond suffering a hand/wrist injury during the regular season and back injury in the playoffs...would it have been good to have Grabner in the system for when Raymond went down? Sure, but he would have had to had pass through waivers (down and up from the AHL), so we would have probably lost him for nothing.

Where the Canucks failed with the Grabner trade was that we acquired a player, in Ballard, damaged goods (I think it was a hip injury...someone correct if I'm wrong, please), which essentially stunted his effectiveness and contributed to AV's initial lack of confidence in him. So, hang that one on the team's professional scouts for doing a sh!tty due diligence job, and MG for failing to file a grievance with the NHL.

Do you honestly think Grabner would have been on the Canucks 2010-2011 roster? I don't think so...he may have been platooned in and out (meaning he would had to clear waivers coming and going), but I doubt he would have been a permanent fixture in our line up, not because he was too young, but he wasn't good enough in the Canucks system relative to others on the roster. So, the best thing for Grabner was to be part of a team like the Islanders.

As far as Quentin Howden is concerned, the kid has potential...but that's it at this point in time. He's equal parts prospect and equal parts suspect in making the NHL at this point in his career. He's apparently struggling with San Antonio (see link to Hockey News player reports) so I honestly don't know why there is this lamenting his "loss" to the Canucks.

http://forecaster.th...cgi?7947#389933

Schroeder is getting his shot in the big show now...kid's 22 years old, and given the circumstances (i.e., injury to Kesler) will get a real good look, so he'll be given all the chance to succeed. Now it's up to him to show that he belongs.

Edited by disisdayear, 25 January 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#58 Gerg

Gerg

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,169 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Zero evidence to support? Are you still banging the drum that Cody didn't want out :lol: If so get a clue, it's painfully clear if you have the ability to read between the lines, and ever read the lines in some cases, he wanted out.

For the record, I like Shirokov and I think he should have been given a better shot, but Grabner had no chance of being on the roster.

This was our projected roster heading into the year, we were hoping Cody would be ready for 3rd line duties, part of the reason we acquired Manny in particular as he can play LW which was a huge factor.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Sammuelsson
Malhotra - Hodgson - Hansen

Now you tell me where Grabner would have fit in??? Raymond and Sammuelsson both came off career years, not there, he can't play center and we wanted to get gritter with Malhotra and Hansen, so not on the 3rd either, and he just doesn't work on the 4th line, plus he has a 1 way deal, so he would have been waive and claimed by NYI and we would have got NOTHING in return.

And I don't think any of those players could play with the Sedins like Kassian can, part of the reason it is so successful is because of Kassian's size and power, you would think just anyone could play there but it isn't the case. Cody is the least likely as he would be pushed around and he is a playmaker not a finisher anyways, Grabner and Shiro might work but niether bring the strength and power Kassian does, or the grit and hockey sense that Burrows does.

Not just anyone works with them, and now I would like to hear how you think Grabs and Cody could have worked here.

You also forgot to point out that he also put praise on Shirokov, the guy who could not regularly make the lineup in two years - in his mid-20's.

Edited by Gerg, 25 January 2013 - 12:29 AM.

Posted Image

#59 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Last thread u started i said the same thing... Your username is a disgrace to number 66

#60 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

I think some CDC members should google and acquaint themselves with the concept called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
Any of you that do not,I am of the mind that I shall have the final say in that I decide you have not learned the concept and therefore can ban whomever of you that I so choose.

For all of you with no idea or care for the concept ;
The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice".

Nuck nit has spoken...and has given the members of the CDC a stern lecture on the constitutional rights of every man, woman and child in the free world.

On behalf of the CDC, thank you for refreshing everyone's memory on the freedom of speech...you are indeed "the man" for taking the bull by the horn and reminding all of us what it's like not to live in an oppressive state. Keep on cracking us up with your uber-serious demeanour...it's comical.

Please let all of us know when there is an election for mayor of Bizarroland...you will get my vote. I'll even volunteer to campaign for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.