The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grabner, Hodgson, next Shroeder

Lemieux

Non-existent? someones being a bit arrogant here.

You can look at my past posts from years back till now and you'll see that I've always hated the Grabner trade.

Plus we played the Islanders last year and Grabner was mentioned many times in that thread, kthxbai. ;)

I often wonder if some Canuck fans actually even watch any of the games/seasons/playoffs? It is so obvious what this team is: role players top three to bottom three to D to goalie. CoHo/Grabner did not fit on this team and had many issues/baggage to boot. Kassian=the big, tough, fighting power forward this team has always wanted and, sorry, how old is he?! Sorry for all you JS fans out there, but, yes, he will prob be going the other way in a trade. He doesn't really fit on this team either. Uggh, I wish I could think for some people sometimes, this is one of those times.

P.S How well has our team done in the last how many years? Game 7 of the SCF if I recall and last yr our best goal scorer was out for the end of the season and most of round 1, where it was too late when he arrived b/c Quick was already on fire. This team is a contender every year and if you think that CoHo/Grabner would make us that much better... well...

i wouldn't say Kass>Hodgson right now.. at least not yet.. he might in the future but not at the moment. Hodgson is at least for the moment proving he can score and produce on a consistent basis. Kassian probably brings more to the table in terms of size and toughness, but whether he can be consistent remains to be seen. He's playing great right now though so hope he keeps it up.

CDC trashing all the ex canucks? what's new? when they are here they are praised off the roof when playing well.. the moment they hit a slump or gets traded they are a worthless sack of sh!t that isn't good enough. Well at least even blindfolded they are still better than us on cdc.

Hodgson DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE. It is really that simple, this kid would not have been traded otherwise,

Way to make a pointless thread without considering circumstances. Smasshian Kassian

Way to make pointless arguments without considering you have zero credibility when you have zero evidence as support.

Grabner is looking good.So is Shirokov.So is Hodgson.They would all look like world-beaters playing with two of the best players in the game on their line,as well.

I find it amazing, after watching the way Kassian has played thus far that people in vancouver have the stupidity to make comments re coho v kassian.

I really see why people hate vancouver fans...

"they traded ma cody! i want ma cody!"

"moooooom!!!! Can i get my allowance and borrow the bmw, I have a date tonight with another trust fund hottie, I gotta impress her!"

I think some CDC members should google and acquaint themselves with the concept called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Any of you that do not,I am of the mind that I shall have the final say in that I decide you have not learned the concept and therefore can ban whomever of you that I so choose.

For all of you with no idea or care for the concept ;

The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice".

why dont the "stupid" canucks fans who only watch the game some times and never read about the canucks. They dont understand that your lil BIT*H COHO dint wanna play for the canucks him and his dad wanted him to get traded. if your gonna post something about the canucks plz plz do your research then say something :picard::sadno::angry:

Hodgson DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE. It is really that simple, this kid would not have been traded otherwise,

Way to make a pointless thread without considering circumstances. Smasshian Kassian

Way to make pointless arguments without considering you have zero credibility when you have zero evidence as support.

Grabner is looking good.So is Shirokov.So is Hodgson.They would all look like world-beaters playing with two of the best players in the game on their line,as well.

He still scored 20 goals and 32 points last year.

When Gillis made the Ballard deal, i wasnt happy with it either because it felt like he just wanted to make a splash at the draft.

Perhaps he didnt think we'd get Hamhuis so he made that deal, but still, the deal was bad, and the fact that we added a 1st (Howden) makes it worst.

MG has done ok in his trades, but this deal is one that he'd probably like to do over.

Zero evidence to support? Are you still banging the drum that Cody didn't want out :lol: If so get a clue, it's painfully clear if you have the ability to read between the lines, and ever read the lines in some cases, he wanted out.

For the record, I like Shirokov and I think he should have been given a better shot, but Grabner had no chance of being on the roster.

This was our projected roster heading into the year, we were hoping Cody would be ready for 3rd line duties, part of the reason we acquired Manny in particular as he can play LW which was a huge factor.

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Sammuelsson

Malhotra - Hodgson - Hansen

Now you tell me where Grabner would have fit in??? Raymond and Sammuelsson both came off career years, not there, he can't play center and we wanted to get gritter with Malhotra and Hansen, so not on the 3rd either, and he just doesn't work on the 4th line, plus he has a 1 way deal, so he would have been waive and claimed by NYI and we would have got NOTHING in return.

And I don't think any of those players could play with the Sedins like Kassian can, part of the reason it is so successful is because of Kassian's size and power, you would think just anyone could play there but it isn't the case. Cody is the least likely as he would be pushed around and he is a playmaker not a finisher anyways, Grabner and Shiro might work but niether bring the strength and power Kassian does, or the grit and hockey sense that Burrows does.

Not just anyone works with them, and now I would like to hear how you think Grabs and Cody could have worked here.

I think some CDC members should google and acquaint themselves with the concept called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Any of you that do not,I am of the mind that I shall have the final say in that I decide you have not learned the concept and therefore can ban whomever of you that I so choose.

For all of you with no idea or care for the concept ;

The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice".

Archived