Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Posted Image

LOL! Thanks...I needed a good chuckle.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#62 Toki

Toki

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

Nuck nit has spoken...and has given the members of the CDC a stern lecture on the constitutional rights of every man, woman and child in the free world.

On behalf of the CDC, thank you for refreshing everyone's memory on the freedom of speech...you are indeed "the man" for taking the bull by the horn and reminding all of us what it's like not to live in an oppressive state. Keep on cracking us up with your uber-serious demeanour...it's comical.

Please let all of us know when there is an election for mayor of Bizarroland...you will get my vote. I'll even volunteer to campaign for you.

Enlighten me as to the point of this post.

#63 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Michael Gillis is anti-youth. He doesn't like talent. He likes Volpatti. You know, guys without much talent.

Grabner had shown flashes of brilliance before the dreaded trade to Florida. Look at the skills he has now. That one timer against the Laffs tonight was terrific.

Hodgson is flourishing. He is a valuable right handed shot. His blast against Thomas in the Bruins game was Yzerman-esque. And he was dealt for Zack Kassian. Kassian is not in the same league as Hodgson, unfortunately.

The next talent that they have is Schroeder. He will probably be packaged with Luongo down to Florida.

Fire Michael Gillis.

Is that you Charlie Morgan, posting these ridiculous comments? I hope no one kicks you today...

#64 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Connect the dots...you'll get the point.

#65 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

I wouldn't say kassian>hodgson cause they're two different who are both playing well right now why does everyone love these topics hodgsons gone and I still a fan of hodgson but also agree kassian is a better fit for us right best of luck to hodgson I'm not gonna hate on him cause he supposedly wanted out who cares

#66 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

Michael Gillis is anti-youth. He doesn't like talent. He likes Volpatti. You know, guys without much talent.

Grabner had shown flashes of brilliance before the dreaded trade to Florida. Look at the skills he has now. That one timer against the Laffs tonight was terrific.

Hodgson is flourishing. He is a valuable right handed shot. His blast against Thomas in the Bruins game was Yzerman-esque. And he was dealt for Zack Kassian. Kassian is not in the same league as Hodgson, unfortunately.

The next talent that they have is Schroeder. He will probably be packaged with Luongo down to Florida.

Fire Michael Gillis.

I say we fire the fans. That will guarantee the team a 46-1-1 and 16-0 record.

#67 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Well Gillis did let AV showcase Hodgson as a potential trade piece. Who knows maybe Schroeder is being showcased right now to bring back an asset or two with Luongo.

#68 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Posted Image

regards,
G.

A classic Gollumpus response to a stupid thread.

:lol: Gets me everytime.

zackass.png

#69 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

You have no evidence but your LONG,WINDED opinions , Smasshian.
I will be here to continue to tell you that is all you have on this subject.

Edited by nuck nit, 25 January 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#70 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

You have no evidence but your LONG,WINDED opinions , Smasshian.
I will be here to continue to tell you that is all you have on this subject.

:lol:

Lol, so rather than tell me why you think Grabner and Hodgson could have stayed and it could have been a tenable situation, you disregard what you can't reply too and contradict yourself in your response..

King is that you???

Why don't you tell me how Grabs and Coho could have stay here. Explain it too me like I did you.

zackass.png

#71 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

Try to source some facts when telling everybody your gospel according to Gillis on Hodgson,Smasshian.
Then you can tell others to get a clue as you might have one,yourself.

#72 SEAN HARNETT

SEAN HARNETT

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Fire Michael Gillis.

I hate you <_<
:towel:

#73 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Try to source some facts when telling everybody your gospel according to Gillis on Hodgson,Smasshian.

Is it not obvious, I'm sure Baggins has pulled enough out on you that you don't need me to waste my time looking for more.

It's clear that he didn't want to be here, even without sources. Why is it that everytime he is asked if he requested a trade he didn't answer? If he hadn't why wouldn't he just say that?

Now for the 3rd time why don't you explain how Hodgson and Grabner could have worked out in a tenable situation, like how I explained my case.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 25 January 2013 - 03:16 AM.

zackass.png

#74 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Don't forget Shirokov!

#75 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Posted Image

regards,
G.

That is just ... OMG, I'm still laughing. I can't stop.

Canot De Dinghy....

#76 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

Fire Michael Gillis.

cue VIOLINS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHOf3s70w-c

Edited by Bodee, 25 January 2013 - 04:35 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#77 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:08 AM

The OP's post obviously wasn't well thought out, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little leery as well. Gillis has so far traded away the Canucks' first round pick in 2006 (Grabner), 2007 (White, but who the frick cares?) and in 2008 (Hodgson). He got Kassian for Hodgson so he's getting value back, but I would like to finally see a bit more patience with the Canucks' home grown youth. Trading Grabner, especially, was a huge mistake.

He was patient with Grabner until he was waiver eligible. How much more patient can a guy be?
Posted Image

#78 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

I think some CDC members should google and acquaint themselves with the concept called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
Any of you that do not,I am of the mind that I shall have the final say in that I decide you have not learned the concept and therefore can ban whomever of you that I so choose.

For all of you with no idea or care for the concept ;
The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice".

That's real pretty but it does have limits. If you are in my house and I don't like what you're saying or how you're behaving I can tell you to leave and not come back. My house, my right. On a privately owned message board, which this is, those placed in charge have the same right. If they don't like what you're saying or how you're behaving they have the right to suspend or even permanently ban you from their board. Your freedom of speech is limited to what your host will allow while on their property.
Posted Image

#79 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,049 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

Hodgson DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE. It is really that simple, this kid would not have been traded otherwise,
Way to make a pointless thread without considering circumstances. Smasshian Kassian

Way to make pointless arguments without considering you have zero credibility when you have zero evidence as support.
Grabner is looking good.So is Shirokov.So is Hodgson.They would all look like world-beaters playing with two of the best players in the game on their line,as well.

Cody was unhappy with his situation here. Which is evident from himself, his agent and even his father asking AV/Gillis to increase his ice time. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put this together. One side or the other was going to get fed up.

Grabner was waiver eligible.
Shirokov chose to go home for a bigger paycheck than the AHL.
Hodgson wasn't happy with his role here.

Edited by Baggins, 25 January 2013 - 05:44 AM.

Posted Image

#80 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

Yes Mike Gillis and all the Canucks staff want the team to fail.
This is how successful franchises are built everyone knows this.

Posted Image

#81 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Seems pretty straight forward. It's basic sarcastic mockery.

Which he's entitled to do due to his constitutional right.

In any case...you get what you give and this is generally what Nit gets.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

His agent did say that they had a discussion just before the deadline in regards to Cody's role on the team.

If you go to your boss and tell him that you want to discuss your role in front of the fry machine does that say to you that you're happy with how things are?

Somebody repeat this to him because he's just going to pretend I'm on ignore so that he doesn't have to respond again.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#83 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

This thread is dumb but it does make me miss Grabner a ton. That trade was a mistake, Grabner would be our leading points and goal scorer so far this season. I know the trade had to happen for some reasons but I just wish Grabner was still a Canuck he was so fun to watch and made games a lot more exciting. If he had to be traded I wish we could of got more than Ballard for him, we gave up a first round pick for him too!! That trade is pretty embarrassing.

However the Hodgson trade is something I have no gripes with. Hodgson wasn't going to work out and we got another young player with very high potential in return. Kassian enjoys playing in Vancouver and I can see him flourishing here eventually. I think that trade was in the best interest of both teams.

#84 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Its pretty much a futile task trying to fight stubborn ignorance with fact and reality.
I prefer the mud sling approach

Edited by grumpworsley, 25 January 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#85 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Get.Over.It

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#86 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,757 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Grabner sucks ... and so do you.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#87 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,660 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

Fire Michael Gillis.

Feel free to go cheer for the Islanders and/or the Sabres.

Posted Image

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#88 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Feel free to go cheer for the Islanders and/or the Sabres.

Posted Image

Can't wait till Lou is traded.

#89 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Is there a pub where disgruntled Hodgson fans hang out in Vancouver?

#90 Horvat x 53

Horvat x 53

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Well those trades were right during those times. Grabner didnt have a spot on a loaded top6 and you can't compare him to Volpatti. Grabner is a scorer while Volpatti is a grinder. You wouldn't want grabby grinding when he broke his leg kicking a soccer ball.

Coho deal could have been delayed. We can't lie that we needed a Kassian type player. Besides it's right hand for right hand. So you can't make that argument. Coho could of helped with scoring in our top 9 while kassian was still a season away from being effective.

At the time ballard was a good top 4 but like someone mentioned Hammer bumped him down. As i rememeber ballard was an insurance incase hammer didnt sign.Coho is flourishing... ya on a team that has no centers. Who could have known that we would be without a Selke winner?Fact is we would be better with booth and kesler back from injury.

Edited by xkeslerx17x, 25 January 2013 - 09:36 AM.

uA4Bucw.png

Leaguegaming.com 

Largest 6's league in the world for the xbox360/one

LGHL S18 Minnesota Wild LW 

LGPS S2 Money Tournament Dream Team LW 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.