The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grabner, Hodgson, next Shroeder

Lemieux

This thread is dumb but it does make me miss Grabner a ton. That trade was a mistake, Grabner would be our leading points and goal scorer so far this season. I know the trade had to happen for some reasons but I just wish Grabner was still a Canuck he was so fun to watch and made games a lot more exciting. If he had to be traded I wish we could of got more than Ballard for him, we gave up a first round pick for him too!! That trade is pretty embarrassing.

However the Hodgson trade is something I have no gripes with. Hodgson wasn't going to work out and we got another young player with very high potential in return. Kassian enjoys playing in Vancouver and I can see him flourishing here eventually. I think that trade was in the best interest of both teams.

Michael Gillis is anti-youth. He doesn't like talent. He likes Volpatti. You know, guys without much talent.

Grabner had shown flashes of brilliance before the dreaded trade to Florida. Look at the skills he has now. That one timer against the Laffs tonight was terrific.

Hodgson is flourishing. He is a valuable right handed shot. His blast against Thomas in the Bruins game was Yzerman-esque. And he was dealt for Zack Kassian. Kassian is not in the same league as Hodgson, unfortunately.

The next talent that they have is Schroeder. He will probably be packaged with Luongo down to Florida.

Fire Michael Gillis.

Well those trades were right during those times. Grabner didnt have a spot on a loaded top6 and you can't compare him to Volpatti. Grabner is a scorer while Volpatti is a grinder. You wouldn't want grabby grinding when he broke his leg kicking a soccer ball.

Coho deal could have been delayed. We can't lie that we needed a Kassian type player. Besides it's right hand for right hand. So you can't make that argument. Coho could of helped with scoring in our top 9 while kassian was still a season away from being effective.

At the time ballard was a good top 4 but like someone mentioned Hammer bumped him down. As i rememeber ballard was an insurance incase hammer didnt sign.Coho is flourishing... ya on a team that has no centers. Who could have known that we would be without a Selke winner?Fact is we would be better with booth and kesler back from injury.

Kassian scores a couple of goals (one was a sedin pass tap-in) and people hails him as the next Todd. Gee, he didn't really play so well in the AHL this season after what, 17 games, and no one mentions it. Anyone with some stats background will understand the idea of sample size. Too bad all the high school kids here have no clue. Kids should be at school anyway, and not on this board.

People blame Hodgson for trying to leave Vancouver. He had the skills, but he was only given like 10 minutes per game, with no PP time. It's natural to be frustrated. Getting Kassian wasn't a bad idea, but the price was way too high. If you want toughness, you can always get a Brashear for 500K

Another example of nearsightedness was the idea that keeping Samuelsson was better than Grabner. Samuelsson was an old guy, a rental guy. You knew he wouldn't stay for long here. Why trade away all of your potential stars at the earliest opportunity?

Archived