The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yakupov's goal celebration: Over the top or justified

RAMBUTANS

I'm not sure how huge the goal was. Yes it was a game tying goal, but where do you go from there. What would he do if he ever scores a series clincher or a stanley cup winning goal? Do a flying leap into the crowd?

Ovechkin had just as much right to celebrate. He was ripping the league apart at the time, and had just scored his 50th goal. Is that not a good reason to celebrate? I don't see how that move is any more premeditated then the Burrows bow and arrow, or any of those fist pump/fist drag celebrations.

I think Flames fans are just mad cause he did that move better than Fleury though. :lol:

Game-tying goal with just seconds left after the team was being screwed over all game...pretty huge for somebody in just their 3rd NHL game, he had every right to get excited. Ovechkin had already scored 50 in a season twice before and like I said, individual accomplishment with a much more showboaty celebration. No, I don't think that's a good reason to celebrate like that. Much more premeditated than the usual fist pump which is mostly a reaction and not very flashy. And Burrows' celly is a tribute to his dead friend and he only pulls it out for big goals, also completely different.

And I dunno, I like Fleury's better still. The rolling on the ice is the cherry on top :lol:

Well, happy for him scoring that goal, but that did seem a little over the top. I think more than anything I don't like the fact that he basically ignored his team going to congratulate him and instead of celebrating with them he hot dogs it down the ice.

Big goal though, so I guess it's okay, but if he does it all the time I think it'll get tiresome.

Archived