The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yakupov's goal celebration: Over the top or justified

RAMBUTANS

I don't mind the celebration. Big goal for a rookie, Oilers had been screwed out of 2 others, 4 seconds left and to top it off Edmonton agreed on a deal for a new arena to keep the Oilers in Edmonton meaning the crowd would likely have been insanely hyped which the players would have fed off.

Given the circumstances of how the refs pretty much blew a pretty bs call taking away a goal for the Oilers a minute before the goal, yeah, I think the celebration is perfect for it.

I dunno if you watched, but the Oilers got screwed when they scored the tying goal only to have it taken away by a stupid goalie interference call, which btw, wasn't even penalized!!

kid is 19, that was his first huge goal in the NHL there was only 4 seconds left and honestly they were getting horrible calls all night especially that no goal call that just happened less than a minute before so i'm sure that had something to do with it as well

the kid was excited, nothing wrong with it

I think it was a little much...but a tying goal in the dying seconds - yeah, I guess he got a little excited and deserved to celebrate. With that, I think there's a bit of an ego there, hopefully, he'll keep it in check. He's young, so let him have his fun. I have a hard time criticizing a player who shows passion and emotion during a game.

A little over the top, but the kid is excited

Second NHL game

Scores his second goal (a huge one which gave them the chance to win)

A big FU to the refs for some of the horrible officiating.

Ovie was similar to that when he first got into the league and toned down, I am sure Nail will as well.

Archived