The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yakupov's goal celebration: Over the top or justified

RAMBUTANS

Nothing wrong with it. He plays with a hunger to score that is Ovechkin like. Speaking of Ovechkin he just doesn't look as explosive as he used to be in the past.

Don't know if that's wearing down physically. Or just losing his desire. Or perhaps he doesn't work hard enough in the off season. Ever since 2010 he seems like he has plateaued.

Nothing wrong with it. He plays with a hunger to score that is Ovechkin like. Speaking of Ovechkin he just doesn't look as explosive as he used to be in the past.

Don't know if that's wearing down physically. Or just losing his desire. Or perhaps he doesn't work hard enough in the off season. Ever since 2010 he seems like he has plateaued.

I don't believe that this thread has enough ground to stand on for much longer. Drdeath is right; under the circumstances he had every right to be that excited. If he does it after scoring in the first period of a game, or if the Oilers ever have a 5 goal lead late in the 3rd, then that would be an entirely different story.

As a hockey fan in general, I was watching the game when he scored, and I was genuinely happy for the guy.

What is the NHL? The NFL? If a guy wants to celebrate a goal, so be it. Just be able to accept the consequences if a defender staples him into the boards after it.

I have a bigger issue with guys being hit by a clean body check and then his teammate goes in to drop the gloves over it.

Archived