134 replies to this topic

#31 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Gotta get Edmonton excited about something.

SYvE9NH.gif

#32 FullMetalOilDrum

FullMetalOilDrum

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I had no problem with it. Watching this game was like riding a rollercoaster. I haven't heard Rexall that loud since 2006.
Respect my favorite team, and I will respect yours.

#33 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,884 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Ovechkin gets criticized for doing his flaming stick celebration, yet this guy gets praised for sliding across the rink on his knees?

Either you're okay with over the top celebrations or your not.

I happen to like them when they're justified. Whether this was or not, I guess depends on who you ask.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#34 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Why not, he just scored a huge goal. How often do you get to see a tying goal in the dying seconds anyway? One of the most exciting things that can happen in hockey.

Posted Image

3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148. Feel free to add me!

#35 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Ovechkin gets criticized for doing his flaming stick celebration, yet this guy gets praised for sliding across the rink on his knees?

Either you're okay with over the top celebrations or your not.

I happen to like them when they're justified. Whether this was or not, I guess depends on who you ask.

That's why Yakupov is getting praised and Ovechkin isn't. Premeditated, douchey celebration for an individual accomplishment VS an enthusiastic reaction from a 19 year old kid scoring a huge, clutch goal.
Posted Image

#36 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,705 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Genuine enthusiasm from a young guy is different than a hotdogger like Ovechkin. What about Nick Foglino jumping up and down a la his father when he got his first NHL goal?

#37 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

It was awesome!

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#38 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,084 posts

With how badly the Oilers were getting dicked by the refs in that game, scoring a tying goal (that counted) with that little time left totally called for a ridiculous celebration.

aXmDa9t.gif

#39 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

With how badly the Oilers were getting dicked by the refs in that game, scoring a tying goal (that counted) with that little time left totally called for a ridiculous celebration.

It definitely seemed that way.
Posted Image

#40 Lillooet_Hillbilly

Lillooet_Hillbilly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

im impressed how far he slid on just 3 strides

#41 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,771 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Yeah, Gagner being the gremlin in Quick's equipment wasn't a factor at all! :picard:

#42 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,884 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

That's why Yakupov is getting praised and Ovechkin isn't. Premeditated, douchey celebration for an individual accomplishment VS an enthusiastic reaction from a 19 year old kid scoring a huge, clutch goal.

I'm not sure how huge the goal was. Yes it was a game tying goal, but where do you go from there. What would he do if he ever scores a series clincher or a stanley cup winning goal? Do a flying leap into the crowd?

Ovechkin had just as much right to celebrate. He was ripping the league apart at the time, and had just scored his 50th goal. Is that not a good reason to celebrate? I don't see how that move is any more premeditated then the Burrows bow and arrow, or any of those fist pump/fist drag celebrations.

I think Flames fans are just mad cause he did that move better than Fleury though. :lol:

Posted Image

#43 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,109 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

I think his square button got jammed
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#44 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm not sure how huge the goal was. Yes it was a game tying goal, but where do you go from there. What would he do if he ever scores a series clincher or a stanley cup winning goal? Do a flying leap into the crowd?

Ovechkin had just as much right to celebrate. He was ripping the league apart at the time, and had just scored his 50th goal. Is that not a good reason to celebrate? I don't see how that move is any more premeditated then the Burrows bow and arrow, or any of those fist pump/fist drag celebrations.

I think Flames fans are just mad cause he did that move better than Fleury though. :lol:

Game-tying goal with just seconds left after the team was being screwed over all game...pretty huge for somebody in just their 3rd NHL game, he had every right to get excited. Ovechkin had already scored 50 in a season twice before and like I said, individual accomplishment with a much more showboaty celebration. No, I don't think that's a good reason to celebrate like that. Much more premeditated than the usual fist pump which is mostly a reaction and not very flashy. And Burrows' celly is a tribute to his dead friend and he only pulls it out for big goals, also completely different.

And I dunno, I like Fleury's better still. The rolling on the ice is the cherry on top :lol:
Posted Image

#45 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,884 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

Game-tying goal with just seconds left after the team was being screwed over all game...pretty huge for somebody in just their 3rd NHL game, he had every right to get excited. Ovechkin had already scored 50 in a season twice before and like I said, individual accomplishment with a much more showboaty celebration. No, I don't think that's a good reason to celebrate like that. Much more premeditated than the usual fist pump which is mostly a reaction and not very flashy. And Burrows' celly is a tribute to his dead friend and he only pulls it out for big goals, also completely different.

And I dunno, I like Fleury's better still. The rolling on the ice is the cherry on top :lol:

Already scoring 50 doesn't make the accomplishment any less special. Especially considering he was bascially the only player in the world to do it.

I don't see how you can say sliding accross the ice on your knees being any less "showboaty". If it was more about the team in his case, wouldn't he celbrate with his teammates?

Again, I have no problem with it. I get that he's young and excited. But like I said, you're either for the big celebrations, or you're not. Being young shouldn't be the reason it's acceptable. A veteran would be just excited to score a late goal like that. Different players just show it in different ways.

Edited by DeNiro, 25 January 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Posted Image

#46 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

don't really care. i think he looked like a tosser not celebrating with his teammates though

#47 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Well, happy for him scoring that goal, but that did seem a little over the top. I think more than anything I don't like the fact that he basically ignored his team going to congratulate him and instead of celebrating with them he hot dogs it down the ice.

Big goal though, so I guess it's okay, but if he does it all the time I think it'll get tiresome.

#48 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,084 posts

Yeah, Gagner being the gremlin in Quick's equipment wasn't a factor at all! :picard:

1. You can't review goaltender interference. If they wanted to wave the goal off for Gagner's interference they had to do it immediately.
2. Scuderi put Gagner in the crease. Gagner actually tangled up with Quick as he tried to vacate the crease.
3. If you actually do review it there was no way Quick can get back to the puck in time to make that save even if he wasn't tangled with Gagner.
4. My statement was about the game as a whole, remember the Oilers had another goal disallowed for a quick whistle.

aXmDa9t.gif

#49 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

can understand his excitement.. but maybe a bit too much.. if it's in the playoff overtime goal, then make sense..

#50 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

if you're going to make a thread about it, at least post the video.
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#51 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Call me a bigot, I don't care cuz I'm just being honest: Russians bring a whole new level of douche to the game.

"Ovechkin's a douche" - Maxim Talbot

Edited by dirk diggler, 25 January 2013 - 12:25 AM.

#52 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I hope anybody who has a problem with these celebrations never go to a Canucks game.. though it seems like Rogers Arena is often filled with these kind of people.

A-????-men.

That's exactly what we need.

Yet another thread related too Cody and Zack.

I guess the 10 Million we seem to have had in the last week aren't enough.

I just don't think it was worthy of a thread as it would have fit in perfectly fine in the GDT thread and you have a history of making pointless threads honestly.

Again I liked the Celly, it wasn't a regular goal and he was hot dogging it was a great goal in a spectacular situation. No issues, other than that if it was us the entire league would have jumped all over it as we saw with Zack Kassian's little pump-up thing which was nothing at all.

Is it crashing your computer? Or are you just always anal like this?

Genuine enthusiasm from a young guy is different than a hotdogger like Ovechkin. What about Nick Foglino jumping up and down a la his father when he got his first NHL goal?

Yea, what a douche eh?
Posted Image

#53 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Call me a bigot, I don't care cuz I'm just being honest: Russians bring a whole new level of douche to the game.

"Ovechkin's a douche" - Maxim Talbot

Posted Image
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#54 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Here ya go Rep

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=2p6XxYVyKrI

My self personally I think it's a little over the top but it doesn't really bug me
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#55 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,268 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Much better than the Canucks choosing not to celebrate at all.
Guranteed Yakupovs celebration pumped his team up even more than the late game tying goal alone would of.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#56 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

OH cmon guys.

Look whats been happening to Edmonton the past 6 seasons.

Let them have their fun. Geeze.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#57 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Here ya go Rep

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=2p6XxYVyKrI

My self personally I think it's a little over the top but it doesn't really bug me

for whatever reason i really hated the way that edmonton fan was yelling at the camera. that was over the top. probably russian... ::D

Edited by wshdrvvn, 25 January 2013 - 03:29 AM.

#58 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,198 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

Is it crashing your computer? Or are you just always anal like this?

Hilarious.

When you are someone known for making pointless thread after pointless thread like Mr.Reputable is, and you make a minor comment that makes would be fine in the other thread where it is perfectly on topic, it's fine to point out that there is no reason for the thread.

What's the point, doesn't bother me all that much but really just doesn't seem necessary especially when he is renound for making unnecessary threads. And I actually still contributed my opinion on it anyways.

And like everyone in your boat saying "don't read the thread", you don't have to reply to me and others who also don't think it is worthy of a thread. Same thing.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 25 January 2013 - 12:50 AM.

zackass.png

#59 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Mike Tyson does not celebrate victories

#60 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

This is my favourite celebration in NHL13 cept he did a lil speed burst first.

sig by Malkin71

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.